OneStream Software provides a finance platform that aims to reduce the complexity of financial operations. OneStream™ unleashes the power of finance by unifying corporate performance management (CPM) processes such as planning, financial close & consolidation, reporting, and analytics through a...
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Financial data consolidation (18)9.999%
- Management reporting (18)9.696%
- Multi-currency management (18)9.595%
- Financial Statement Reporting (18)9.595%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of OneStream, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
OneStream Software provides a finance platform that aims to reduce the complexity of financial operations. OneStream™ unleashes the power of finance by unifying corporate performance management (CPM) processes such as planning, financial close & consolidation, reporting, and analytics through a single, extensible solution. The vendor states their goal is to empower the enterprise with financial and operational insights to support faster and more informed decision-making. All in a cloud platform designed to continually evolve and scale with the user's organization.
OneStream is an independent software company backed by private equity investors KKR, D1 Capital Partners, Tiger Global, and IGSB. Boasting over 700 customers, 200 implementation partners, and over 750 employees, they say their primary mission is to deliver 100% customer success, which we’ve done successfully since our inception.
- Supported: Long-term financial planning
- Supported: Financial budgeting
- Supported: Forecasting
- Supported: Scenario modeling
- Supported: Management reporting
- Supported: Financial data consolidation
- Supported: Journal entries and reports
- Supported: Multi-currency management
- Supported: Intercompany Eliminations
- Supported: Minority Ownership
- Supported: Local and consolidated reporting
- Supported: Detailed Audit Trails
- Supported: Financial Statement Reporting
- Supported: Management Reporting
- Supported: Excel-based Reporting
- Supported: Automated board and financial reporting
- Supported: Personalized dashboards
- Supported: Color-coded scorecards
- Supported: KPIs
- Supported: Cost and profitability analysis
- Supported: Key Performance Indicator setting
- Supported: Benchmarking with external data
- Supported: Flat file integration
- Supported: Excel data integration
- Supported: Direct links to 3rd-party data sources
- Supported: Pixel Perfect reports
- Supported: Customizable dashboards
- Supported: Report Formatting Templates
- Supported: Drill-down analysis
- Supported: Formatting capabilities
- Supported: Predictive modeling
- Supported: Report sharing and collaboration
- Supported: Publish to Web
- Supported: Publish to PDF
- Supported: Report Versioning
- Supported: Report Delivery Scheduling
- Supported: Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
- Supported: Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
- Supported: Predictive Analytics
- Supported: Support for Machine Learning models
- Supported: Multi-User Support (named login)
- Supported: Role-Based Security Model
- Supported: Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
- Supported: Report-Level Access Control
- Supported: Table-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
- Supported: Field-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
- Supported: Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Supported: Responsive Design for Web Access
- Supported: Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
- Supported: Account Reconciliations
- Supported: Disclosure Management
- Supported: Transaction Matching
- Supported: People Planning
- Supported: Capital Planning
- Supported: Sales Planning
- Supported: Profitability Analysis
- QAD Adaptive ERP
- MS Dynamics
- Workday and all other open source systems or web services available systems
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||0%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||100%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries||Americas, EMEA, South Africa, APAC|
Oracle Cloud EPM
Workday Adaptive Planning
SAP BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation)
Wolters Kluwer CCH® Tagetik
IBM Planning Analytics with Watson
SAP Analytics Cloud
- financial consolidation
- operational analytics
- Drill Back and Drill Down
- Audit Log enabled
- Market Place solutions
- Workflows and Dashboards
- Dimension Limit
- Dashboard complexity
- lot of interlinked options
- Ease of security
- More customized formatting of reports
- Data presentation
- I´d like to use it on my cellphone.
- I´d like to use it on my Ipad.
- Automization could be improved.
- User friendliness
- Dashboarding can be made more easy (more drag and drop)
The platform way of working and the connectivity between the different tools on the same platform is key. Budget comparing to actuals is made easy, no syncing between the two solutions is needed.
- With OneStream’s Account Reconciliation solution, the finance team can now see an overview of their reconciliations which saved a significant amount of time as compared to navigating through spreadsheets.
- OneStream allows much detailed transactional level data (with millions of transactions) from integrated source systems to be consolidated right up to the highest level with drill-down capabilities providing a detailed audit trail as well as full transparency across the organizational hierarchy. This was the biggest benefit as to why OneStream was the preferred choice.
- The native dashboarding capabilities allowed the company to replace their standalone BI tool with dashboards within OneStream.
- Analytical blend capabilities provided risk management and risk governance capabilities which before this was not possible for the customer.
- This is not a OneStream issue but more about an implementation approach where clarity should be there on how data needs to interact as well as a focus on user experience for faster user adoption.
- Easy data integration with multiple data sources.
- Same user experience throughout the platform.
- The ability to add on to the platform is very good. The platform is designed so that a company can use it as a central source of information. The only limitation to creating new pieces of the platform by a developer is time.
- Better audit features on activities within the workflow.
- Would love if it functioned more like Excel (seeing calculations/formulas/inputting/short keys)
- Transaction matching is a newer feature and has room for growth
- Consolidation tasks, both detailed and summary status of tasks for an organization performing their monthly close.
- Reporting, reports can be defined as repeatable monthly operational reports as well as on-demand/ad hoc reports. Many presentation formats are available including PowerPoint, PDF, MSWord, Excel, as well as Dashboards. Report Books can be produced as well for packaged, repeatable reports for distribution. Distribution can also be automated and distributed to various groups of users.
- Anything financial, it's a one-stop-shop where you can build anything for the office of finance. Forecasting, Budgeting, Cash planning, Revenue recognition, variance analysis, commentary collection to explain the unusual activity. And it is all fully auditable.
- Dashboards are very useful to business users, but can be time consuming to build.
- Best practice documentation, the product is evolving and is relatively new (about 10 years old) so best practices are still be developed and communicated to the OneStream community.
- New product feature documentation and examples.
- Consolidations - income statement, balance sheet, cash flow data automatically pulls from our ERP and consolidates for our financial reporting
- complicated calculations (if written correctly)
- Employee by employee planning/forecasting
- Would love if it functioned more like excel (seeing calcs/formulas/inputting/short keys)
- drill back function is a little complicated to implement
- Easy to use workflows
- Quick processing
- Great customer service
- access to more add-on items from their marketplace (they are working on this)
- more frequent minor bug fixes without full upgrade
- Consolidations including equity ownership and historical overrides
- Zero-based budgeting and the collection and reporting on detailed information
- People Planning with assignment of activities to an individual
- SKU level reporting
- Drill back to not only ledger information, but subledgers and data warehouses also.
- Capability to compare one application to another application and identify differences without having to extract application artifacts.
- Migration utility that leverages compare utility to be developed and migrates artifacts from one application to another.
- Table Views added to the Excel Add-In not just the Spreadsheet app
- Access to Analytic Blend solutions with the Excel Add-In
- Reporting is intuitive
- Ability to import data in an automated fashion
- Ability to map several charts of account values from different ledgers
- Transaction matching is a newer feature and has room for growth
- Would like to see the ability to more easily maintain multiple workflows by copying one to another
- Would like the ability to auto-post journal entries back to an ERP
- OneStream ensures that there is auditable features throughout the application.
- Having so many MarketPlace solutions allows customers to get the most value out of their investment and have many products integrated and held in one application.
- OneStream allows for the ultimate customization abilities which allow us to be able to accommodate almost any business need.
- The Excel Add-In can be limited. Adding better ways to be able to drag and drop or type in dimension members would be helpful.
- Ways to better track Business Rule changes would be helpful.
- Better audit features on activities within the Workflow.
- Some Standard Reports are too good, which can be easily customized and fulfills the Audit needs.
- Integration with Excel and Spread sheet component is the best feature, where in you can create dashboards in Excel as well. for Excel lovers it's nice.
- Consolidation of the data is it's great strength, then comes the XF extensibility.
- Metadata Upload functionality for one time is nice but if we need to modify and re-upload the same month on month, it's very difficult and needs definitely improvement.
- Navigation between the tabs is not available which should be there, if a user wants to compare the data for 2 dashboards, it's not possible
- Drill down feature is nice, but of no use, since to get the source data, we need to click multiple clicks and that too complete information at any point of time cannot be downloaded in an excel or a csv.
- Work Flow Rename Hierarchy is not available , which can lead in SOX compliance issues.
- While uploading the files in File Explorer, Multi upload files are not possible via User Interface, so practically to use that feature is a big challenge.
- Really a platform.
- Same user experience throughout the platform.
- Flexible for future expansion.
- Drag and drop functionality in managing metadata.
- Allowing multiple admins to work in parallel on e.g. calculation rules.
- Easy Data Integration with multiple data sources.
- Great Reports and Visualizations.
- Complex formulas and modeling for resource utilization.
- Dashboarding takes awhile to learn but is very powerful.
- Reliance on Microsoft Technology / Browser limitations.
- OneStream Excel Add-in is powerful, but takes time to learn.
There's really nothing the CFO wants to do, that this product can't do!
- OneStream can be on premises or in the cloud.
- Strong links with Microsoft Office through add-ins.
- Difficult to choose the best options for a solution as there are so many solutions for a single problem (and it starts with "on-premises" or "in the cloud").
- OneStream is very easy to use. Being able to switch from a report view in different currencies or an input form, navigating is both quick and easy.
- The ability to add on to the platform is very good. The platform is designed so that a Company can use it as a central source of information. The only limitation to creating new pieces of the platform by a developer is time.
- OneStream has areas to improve in end user functionality and report building.