Reviews (1-1 of 1)
MediaBin is used to store digital assets like PDFs and JPGs. We can access previous versions of publications and find a variety of images whether they are photographs or illustrations or other design files. I believe access is restricted depending upon your area of the organization and your need to pull files, so as to ensure the internal documents remain so.
- Export files in multiple formats
- Help reduce email clutter as a central repository
- Help with version control
- Search is often a chellenge - using the file name or "item number" doesn't always bring up the expected results.
- Navigation is not intuitive in places - finding different functions
- The export function is powerful but not always clear, several options seem like the same thing. e.g. Do I need FTP ot HTTP download? Do I care?
Read Clark Gregor's full review
If you want to share (or access) the most current version of any content MediaBin can be useful for ensuring that you are getting the right thing - assuming you can find it. Another useful functionality - OS sharing or exporting different file formats for a file. Often PDF works, but sometimes you need a file in a different image format and the software can allow that.
OpenText MediaBin Scorecard Summary
About OpenText MediaBin
HP MediaBin is a digital asset management (DAM) offering from Hewlett-Packard.
Categories: Digital Asset Management
OpenText MediaBin Technical Details