Reviews (1-1 of 1)
October 10, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Our whole organisation is using Oracle Berkeley DB for all the use cases which involve a necessity for an embedded database for storing key-value types of data. Simplicity of this database management system allows our company to solve problems much easier when compared to solving the same type of problems with any classic relational database.
- Supports multiple concurrent processes manipulating databases as large as 256 TB.
- There are existing API bindings for the most common languages on the market i.e. C++, C#, Java, Perl, PHP, Python.
- Provides a high-performance data storage.
- Not suitable for tasks performed better by relational database systems.
- No constraints on the record's data can be sometimes troublesome.
Read this authenticated review
One of the best key-value store open-source solutions on the market released more than 25 years ago. Great choice if data storage has to be tightly integrated with an application software. Berkeley DB can be successfully used in big data and real-time web applications. A bit less appropriate if a stand-alone full database functionality is needed.