Reviews (1-2 of 2)
December 29, 2017
Score 6 out of 10
We started at the firm initially using Tomcat server for our application. We quickly reached the limits of the server and decided to move forward with the Glassfish Community server. Later we purchased their enterprise license. It is the primary server being used to host our applications. It houses our J2EE application built on JSPs and Spring components.
- Oracle Glassfish servers provide us the ability to deploy in clusters and provide replication facilities.
- The server provides very easy administration console that can be used to tweak basic features for timeouts and database thread pooling.
- It can easily be configured for single sign on for enterprise clients.
- One of the areas where we found Glassfish adaptation difficult for our company was the lack of documentation and community forums covering important issues.
- We ran into a roadblock with OAuth 2.0 implementation and did not get great support on that issue.
Read this authenticated review
Glassfish is well suited for large-scale cluster deployments and integrates well with F5 load balancers.
August 16, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
We use GlassFish in a productive environment. On this server we deploy the following administrative applications: human development, income, budgets, patrimonial control system, income (returns), cost systems, system of obligatory registers, system of embargoes and control of supplies, economic benefits, clinic, treasury, administration and follow-up of contracts, service tickets, service system and transportation maintenance, infrastructure and maintenance system, follow-up of contracts, measurement of internal and external satisfaction of users.
All the support departments of the substantive units make use of the systems, throughout 14 locations nationwide.
Basically, the core part of the internal operation is managed with the Oracle Glassfish Server platform.
- The product offers Java EE support.
- As the version supported by Oracle we have an extensive documentation, the Oracle GlassFish server online documentation library, patches ,and support from the supplier.
- Ease of use through the administration console.
- Integration with the NetBeans development interface.
- When we use the versions of GlassFish Server that were just released to the market, it causes bugs to appear. While there are workarounds to solve them in most cases, the amount of time to solve them is significant. Therefore, I would advise waiting for it to be a little more stable and for a few months to pass before proceeding to an update of a productive environment.
Read this authenticated review
Oracle GlassFish server is suitable for productive environments thanks to the fact that it has a tool called Performance Tuner, which allows us to diagnose the root cause of performance problems, as long as a certain level of experience is already available.
Oracle GlassFish Server Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Oracle GlassFish Server
Oracle GlassFish Server was originally developed by Sun Microsystems and is available open source or supported by Oracle. It is an application server.
Categories: Application Server
Oracle GlassFish Server Competitors
Oracle GlassFish Server Technical Details