April 08, 2015
Mosaic Studios is a subscriber of Pegboard with partner status. We have developed our own website using the Pegboard CMS platform and also recommend the platform to clients who require a high-end fully-featured customisable CMS platform for their website. The Pegboard platform provides the opportunity to develop CMS based websites that have no design limitations and that can also be integrated with a companies internal software systems including accounting, CRM and inventory management. The Pegboard platform offers a full eCommerce solution for clients requiring a sophisticated online shopping experience for their customers. Integration with a company’s inventory software also provides efficiencies in stock control and frees up administration of product ordering. The Pegboard platform also provides the ability to customise eMarketing of a company’s products or services and can combined with automatic social media integration.
- The Pegboard platform does not limit the design and feel of a website. As web designers and developers we have the ability to design a unique looking website through the construction of HTML template pages which are then integrated with the Pegboard CMS.
- The Pegboard platform provides a large range of modules for integration by designers into a website. The modules that are used depend on the requirements of the website - there is no limit to the number of modules that can be used.
- The online CMS management console is easy to use. A client can manage their website content with as little as a half day training session.
- The Pegboard CMS is a high-end web platform that provides the opportunity to integrate a company’s back-end systems like CRM, accounting and inventory software with their website - providing a business administration efficiencies.
- The Pegboard CMS provides all of the modules that other CMS provide and include: News, RSS feeds, advanced forms, SEO, blog, banner ads, document management, SMS enablement, image galleries, jobs, membership, broadcasting, polls, event management, forums, product catalogue, eCommerce, e-Marketing, social media
- The CMS provides the ability to tailor content for certain users - ie. specific information for members, limited information for the general public. There is no limit to the number of types of users.
- Pegboard's partner program provides access to a network of other developers and programmers that can be called upon to provide their expertise in their area of specialty.
- The Pegboard platform is a high-end CMS solution and so requires a high level of knowledge of HTML and CSS. It is not suitable for graphic designers with a limited knowledge of these web languages.
- As a partner I have access to the Pegboard developers helpline - phone or online ticket system. At times I have found that their assistance has been a little on the slow side. This could be improved. I also feel that they expect a higher level of programming ability than we as a partner may necessarily have.
- We have used the Pegboard Build department to assist us with the development of some aspects of our client’s websites. This build service could improve their communication with partners so that outcomes could be achieved more easily.
Read Mark Hudson's full review
The Pegboard CMS is ideal for a sophisticated website that needs to be unique in design and that offers the highest level of functionality and a superior user experience. It is suitable for websites ranging from simple blogs, through to corporate and fully-featured eCommerce websites that have the ability to utilise intelligent eMarketing to subscribers.