Reviews (1-2 of 2)
November 04, 2016
Score 10 out of 10
I use RationalPlan Multi to manage my project portfolio in the region. Multi really helped in getting my projects organised.
- Portfolio view is great to get a feel for how your programme is running at a glance and which areas possibly might require attention. The fact that you can customise your view by adding your own columns is another plus.
- All project information in one tool is a big plus for me considering the amount of projects we run with. This really improves efficiency and saves me time. You have the ability to add documents to tasks, manage risks, email resources tasks due for projects they are assigned to(might need some refinement depending on your requirements), material db with costing etc.
- While the portfolio view is great is becomes difficult/cluttered with many projects. Highlighting master projects will help. Creating a tree view for master project and its sub projects would even be better.
- The email function is another great idea. Would be great if one had an option to either email an entire portfolio or by active project. At times I’m still scoping certain projects and if the WBS is not yet complete then this incomplete project is also communicated via email which leads to frustration in the team. You don’t always want to communicate tasks for all projects to all resources.
- One need to be able to: Email per project
- Email entire portfolio (as currently the case)
- Email by resource (send pending or outstanding tasks to the resource in question)
- Add a portfolio dashboard with graphical speed and bar charts giving you a glimpse of late projects, projects slipping, not started in progress etc., for your portfolio.
Read Justin James, MComPM, Prince2's full review
It's got its shortcomings but is still the best PM tool in my opinion.
November 03, 2016
Score 9 out of 10
Used for a project for a customer. Also using agile scrum tools for bottom up management.
- Simple interface easy to use.
- Runs natively on mac and is reasonably priced for what I need - high level project planning.
- Does way more than what I actually need it for.
- Milestones should be a primary option instead of 0h to create one.
Read LeRoy Mattingly's full review
Great for agile projects that need to define a high level project plan.
RationalPlan Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Single||$87 USD||Lifetime License per Seat|
|Multi||$149 USD||Lifetime License per Seat|
|Server||$560 USD||Lifetime License per Seat|
|Stakeholder||$49 USD||Lifetime License per Seat|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
RationalPlan Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||44%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||34%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||11%|
RationalPlan Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
RationalPlan Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Countries:||Any country, world wide|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Romanian, Brazilian, Hungarian, Russian, Italian, Ukrainian|