SCC Soft Computer headquartered in Clearwater offers SoftLab, their Laboratory Information Management (LIMS) offering , emphasizing multi-site data coordination and centralization, and workflow automation, with a rules-based system.Soft Lab Review by a Medical Laboratory ProfessionalSoftLab is being used by our Laboratory Departments throughout most of our organization. I believe the aim is to have SoftLab used by the entire organization. Soft Lab is primarily used to receive patient specimens and verify test results. Also, it is used to log in QC results for our instruments. We also have Soft Bank which is used to manage all aspects of our Blood Bank department. I have not faced any problems with SoftLab software. I highly recommended to all laboratories in the world.,Receiving of specimens is highly convenient now and can be done via two platforms within the same software. We use a scanner to scan the barcode as opposed to typing in any info. So in addition to being convenient, it reduces clerical errors. Verifying results was never easier now with just one click. Patient results are verified and sent to the nurses and doctors. Also, to our convenience, a list of codes/messages are available such as this test has been repeated. In addition to keeping a record of calling in critical results. Logging in our daily core lab instruments QC results and maintenance tasks have now been transformed from paperwork to verifying and enter results via SoftLab QC which is very easy and enjoyable.,I have yet to find any features that are hard to use. I honestly believe that SoftLab is very easy to use and is 100% user-friendly. SoftLab has outdone itself as an LIS and needs no improvement.,10,As a Medical Lab Scientist, I believe that SoftLab made it easier and quicker to verify results meaning that results are available to Doctors a lot faster than before which in return may lessen the wait time of patients in ER which makes them happy and will definitely come back again when in need which is good from a business point of view.,Sunquest LIS
SoftLab

SoftLab Reviews

SoftLab
Filter 2 vetted SoftLab reviews and ratings
Mohammed Elgayar profile photo
March 21, 2018

SoftLab: "Soft Lab Review by a Medical Laboratory Professional"

• Receiving of specimens is highly convenient now and can be done via two platforms within the same software. We use a scanner to scan the barcode as opposed to typing in any info. So in addition to being convenient, it reduces clerical errors.
  • Verifying results was never easier now with just one click. Patient results are verified and sent to the nurses and doctors. Also, to our convenience, a list of codes/messages are available such as this test has been repeated. In addition to keeping a record of calling in critical results.
  • Logging in our daily core lab instruments QC results and maintenance tasks have now been transformed from paperwork to verifying and enter results via SoftLab QC which is very easy and enjoyable.
  • I have yet to find any features that are hard to use. I honestly believe that SoftLab is very easy to use and is 100% user-friendly. SoftLab has outdone itself as an LIS and needs no improvement.

Verifying critical results via SoftLab is a very well demonstration of its high functionality. You can add a message to the result that it's been repeated and results are confirmed. Also, you can add the name of the nurse who was notified of the result. Also, you can see the previous results right next to the current one with the date it was performed. All of these aforementioned features are available in the same window making it a very good experience to verify a critical result as a Medical Lab Scientist.

SoftLab has been never less appropriate to face any scenarios. It has always exceeded my expectations.

Read Mohammed Elgayar's full review