Reviews (1-5 of 5)
February 18, 2020
Score 7 out of 10
Spree is being used by our eCommerce department. We built our online store on this platform and we utilize it to support re-sellers and wholesale customers as well. Our business sells physical media items like books, CDs, DVDs in addition to non-physical media items like MP3's, eBooks, and PDF downloads. This eCommerce platform is the primary tool that supports this line of business.
Read Steven Duran's full review
Spree is a great solution if you have a highly customized business idea and need a very robust eCommerce solution to support your very creative and detailed sales methods. Because it's an open source platform, there are a ton of ways that his platform can be customized to meet virtually any business idea that you can dream up. With that said, the platform requires dedicated development support to make sure everything is stable and supported at all times.
October 26, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
We use Spree for all of our website transactions. It is basically the shopping cart function that allows a customer to pay for goods, then the funds are transferred to our accounts. We do not use it for wholesale business, only eCommerce. It helps us gain quick access to payments.
- Quick and easy access, nice interface when logging in.
- Access to customer's info, easy to change user names and passwords when issues arise with login.
- Easy to use for the most part - a lot of ways to search for information regarding customer's info.
- Searching by email is difficult sometimes. There is no way to sort customer lists by most recently logins, etc. It can cause lengthy searches when trying to locate.
- Issues with hackers, security seems low at times - firewalls need to be improved.
- There needs to be more search fields for things like phone numbers, addresses, etc.
Read Colin Darcy's full review
My favorite scenario is when a customer calls and doesn't know their login for our website. We sell snowboards, very seasonal, so people tend to forget login and password info quite a bit. No need to send a reset or anything along those lines - I can reset the password and immediately tell them the update. Super easy!
Spree is used as our e-commerce platform and applicant tracking system. Our marketing and selling department manages the e-commerce side, while HR is in charge of posting and tracking jobs and applications.
- Simple platform to post jobs
- Straightforward record of job applications
- For the ATS portion, ability to download applicants would be helpful
- We have to use our developers to change some simple things on the web format
Read Aurora Dolan's full review
I believe it fits the needs of small businesses. I can't imagine our version supporting a larger enterprise, but I could be wrong about how it's used.
Spree is a shopping cart and is used on our website Lovemomiji.com. We are an e-commerce business selling Momiji dolls globally from two hubs at the time of writing - UK & USA.
- Highly customisable. Allowed our developers to generate a unique and flexible front end and cart facility.
- We handle 2 warehouses and plan to add several more.
- We use 13 currencies to cater for our main markets.
- No particular weaknesses reported by our developers. They are using Spree on other sites too.
- Back end is visually ok rather than cutting edge design but functionality is all there.
Read Cameron Read's full review
I can only really comment on our usage which is B2C where it is very good.
December 11, 2015
Score 7 out of 10
Spree is used as the storefront for our website.
- Payment gateways.
- Uses prevailing software patterns.
- The return process is clunky.
- Performance when changing the contents of the cart.
- Needs very detailed documentation as to how calculations are made. For example, tax totals, shipping totals, etc.
Read this authenticated review
Spree is great if you're running a standard e-commerce business and want to have a customized site and experience. Deviating from in small ways is fine, but if you want to start slicing off functionality, like inventory, shipping, etc. it's a real pain.
Spree Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Spree Storefront is a modular, open source e-commerce platform with a large community, comprehensive API and integration features right out of the box. Spree is comprehensive enough for large ecommerce stores and easy enough for small online merchants.
Magento, Bigcommerce, Shopify
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Spree Technical Details