Reviews (1-2 of 2)
May 30, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Our city website needed to migrate off of unsupported Google search solutions to a more modern and powerful search solution. We needed a site search solution that could index our website and deliver fast, relevant search results to our users.
- It's very easy to implement. The documentation is great and you can be up and running very quickly.
- It's easy to configure. The web-based user interface makes it super simple to configure (i.e. customize search rankings, edit synonyms, etc.).
- Their support is very friendly and helpful. Whenever I had a question or couldn't figure something old, they were quick to help me out.
- There is no way to customize the indexed fields of PDF and Word documents.
- It can take a while to index a large web site with hundreds of thousands of pages.
- There is no way to bulk delete pages from the index via the web admin UI.
- There isn't a good module for using Swiftype with Drupal 8 Search API.
Read Richard Davies's full review
It excels at quickly adding powerful and flexible search capabilities to a web site--especially if you want to populate the search index via a web crawler. It's great if you want a solution that's easy to learn and easy to manage. But you're paying for this ease of use, so if you want/need a free solution you'll have to look elsewhere.
August 16, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Swiftype is currently being used by our organization in certain departments and on our online e-commerce platforms. As our organization is very huge, it is obviously not incorporated organization wide. Our company website has many search features, definitions, symbol lookups at different stages of a trade life-cycle, screening securities, help texts and glossary.
- Swiftype helps with providing search results at a very rapid pace. Since our industry is in financial services, this plays a major role.
- Swiftype also has a very good integration setup with the websites as well as mobile applications.
- The API's we use are configurable and customizable. Hence, we can use it differently for mobile and web apps.
- Swiftype also provides analytics of geographical information of search results. This is very critical from troubleshooting prospective in-case of issues.
- Swiftype does not have indexes ready to go. When you add a new website to the search set, it takes some time to index the website. This is something that is different from what Google does. Google in this particular aspect does a relatively better job.
- Swiftype is very expensive, this makes it difficult for smaller companies to afford.
Read this authenticated review
Swiftype is excellent for e-commerce companies and especially the financial services sector where speed plays a major role in executing transactions. It is also very dynamic and customizable. It is very useful for electronics/travel reservations on e-commerce sites also. The only place it is inappropriate is when it comes to indexing a website in which case Google is slightly better, as I mentioned before. There is nothing much to complain about here in regards to the breadth of applications and analytics it offers.
Swiftype Scorecard Summary
Swiftype is a cloud-based search platform that provides search software for organizations, websites, and computer programs. It can be used for applications, shared and personal data, and public content. Notable customers include AT&T, Dr. Pepper, Surveymonkey, Shopify, and TechCrunch. Swiftype's site search can be used for full-text search, real-time search, faceted search, semantic search, and concept search queries.
Their AI-powered enterprise search software allows organizations to find their data across different databases and services. Swiftype’s enterprise search software is known for being easy to implement, with configurable and customizable API’s which can be used differently across both mobile and web apps. Another unique feature of their software is that it features Google Search Appliance (GSA) Alternative migration, helping customers keep up with emerging trends in search solutions seamlessly.
Categories: Enterprise Search
Swiftype Technical Details