TBMR Reviews

Parul Patel | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 10, 2020

TBMR works for ever

It is used throughout the organization. It helps us disaster recovery readiness. It also helps to recovery so many servers due to hardware issues or application issues. We have recovered over a few hundred servers over time. It includes Windows and Linux. Even we converted from physical to virtual and virtual to physical. It is really a great product. We are happy to invest in this product. Over time we have increased the number of licenses also.
  • It works 99.9% all the time if you setup correctly. In some instance there was issue was disk was not able to read partition. I called support and upload the log file. They told me during recovery point to new modify file instead of reading from backup configuration. It work and able to recover quickly
  • The support is really great. They are always ready to help in any situation.
  • During Sandy storm, we mentioned our challenges. They told us there will two support engineer will be stand by for support any time. Just let them know when you need support.
  • Support is staff is very knowledgeable. They willing to go extra mile all the time
  • There have been so bugs in the software. They provided me the next day with a temporary fix. In the next release, they will fix the bug permanenly.
  • As far as we use it, I do not see too much on functionality.
  • Setup is unique in every organization. It has been working well so far.
During the Sandy storm, I was told to get over 200 servers ready in case we declare a disaster. I was able to spin over 190 servers in five days. I recovered servers using TBMR recovery. I restored each server using TBMR. After the server was restored at Sungard, I powered on the server without NIC to prevent a production issue with duplicate a name or IP. I validated each server after restore to make sure OS is working correctly and all data had been restored. I did not restore images due to the size of storage. Overall, it worked out and we were ready before Sandy struck. We did not go into disaster mode, but my management was impressed that this product worked as described.
Read Parul Patel's full review

About TBMR

Recover machines directly from IBM Spectrum Protect backups

TBMR allows users to perform a bare machine recovery of an operating system, applications and data direct from an IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM) backup. The vendor describes this recovery as fast, and states it can be fully automated to protect critical systems from the consequences of physical damage, human error or system failure. Users can recover protected systems to any point in time provided by TSM.

• Simulated recoveries can be scheduled which fully automates the creation of the recovered machine and then runs test scripts to verify integrity and functionality.
  • Recovery schedules can be set up months in advance and planned so that the entire server infrastructure is tested within the desired time frame. The recovery machines are held in an isolated network and can be released after every simulation so storage is not permanently required.
  • Detailed reporting of each step of the recovery process highlights any problems encountered and provides an audit trail of successful results to provide assurance that DR procedures are effective.

The vendor further provides that TBMR is re-sold globally by IBM and its channel partners and is currently available for Windows, Linux, Solaris and AIX operating systems, and state that TBMR is a widely recommended Spectrum Protect bare metal recovery solution.