Trend Micro ServerProtect Reviews

January 22, 2020
We currently use Trend Micro ServerProtect to provide AV/Malware Protection for our virtualized servers running on ESXi. These servers are utilized for all our applications and databases. Our clients use built in Microsoft Defender but we wanted something more robust for our servers. It addresses the varied protection needs based on the type of server it is protecting.
  • It has been very effective at protection. Nothing has gotten by it in three years.
  • It's pretty easy to install in agent based mode.
  • We originally bought this to run at the hypervisor level. It did not work well.
  • I had constant issues with the VMs required to run at hypervisor level.
I have found that most AV/Malware protection servers have quite a bit in common. I bought this specifically to reduce issues that can happen with agent based AV on virtual servers. The host based setup was very difficult and even once implemented it was difficult to keep it running well. Support was not great. They really expected a high level of competency in the advanced features. In the end, using it as a standard agent based install was much easier to install and manage. It's very effective and the performance hit from running all the agents and during the updates is really minimal.
My experience with support has not been great. They really had lots of prerequisite work and information gathering requirements before really getting involved. I have no problem doing needed work but I just felt a support person could do things more quickly and spare me so much challenge that was unnecessary. The website has good access to updates and knowledge base information but it was a bit limited in scope.

Trend Micro ServerProtect Scorecard Summary

What is Trend Micro ServerProtect?

Trend Micro's ServerProtect is a malware and virus protection available for NAS storage devices, and other server systems.