Score 8.7 out of 10

What is TurboBid?

TurboBid is a construction and estimation software offering from Advanced Electrical Technologies, Inc.

What is monday.com?

monday.com Work OS is an open platform designed so that anyone can create the tools they need to run all aspects of their work. It includes ready-made templates or the ability to customize any work solution ranging from sales pipelines to marketing campaigns, CRMs, and project tracking.

What is QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise?

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a widely-used accounting package designed for small to mid-sized businesses. It is the top of the QuickBooks line. Pricing starts at $3,000 for five users, and goes up depending on the number of additional users. They also offer an Advanced Inventory module for $999…

Attribute Ratings

TurboBid was created by contractors, they know what we need and what we want, and they sure delivered. It is much needed for anyone serious about their business. We don't have any business problems since this program works so well. It helps a lot with our takeoffs, customers know what the job consists of along with any costs, and makes it easy to pass on job duties to others.
  • Takeoffs
  • Costs
  • Accuracy
  • User Friendly
  • Easy
  • Adjusting Takeoffs
  • Updates
It is very adaptable to our business plan. Also, it is very cost-effective than any other software I used while working with previous companies. Also, as previously mentioned it helps a lot with our takeoffs, customers know what the job consists of, and what our costs are, and make it easy to pass on job management items to others.
Construction Project & Field Management (11)
Plan distribution & viewing
Checklists
Estimating (5)
Cost databases
Asset Management
Reporting & Analytics (3)
Dashboards
Standard reports
Custom reports
10.0
  • We are much more organized
  • We saves a ton of money by choosing this program
  • Very adaptable
  • Clear and easy reports
We selected TurboBid because it was very cost-effective. The adaptability to use this program is also very easy and guidable. The database has a very large capacity. Along with the accuracy of the program as well. As you can see there are many reasons to go with TurboBid as it delivers to the contractors with ease.
I purchased TurboBid almost a year ago because I was sold on the product by one of their representatives. The things that were told to me about the product and what it could do turned out to be untrue. For example, I was told I could get an up to date price list from anyone of my suppliers. I contacted the suppliers that I dealt with, and they were not able to provide me with an Excel file like TurboBid claimed. TurboBid contacted my suppliers and were unsuccessful as well.

Coincidently enough, I met another gentleman in an estimating course. He informed me that he purchased TurboBid as well and was never able to use it or get it working. I was dealing with the owner/developer near the end and he was unable to get the software working for me as well. This turned into heated arguments where eventually it was left as "Too bad, so sad." I even requested at least a portion of my money back, but there was no way the owner was doing this. They came across as nice in the beginning, but their true colors came out later. I am stuck with a useless piece of software that I paid thousands of dollars for. When I decide to purchase again, I will be buying from a known reputable estimating company like Accubid or McCormick. Do your homework before purchasing this software because two of us were burnt bad by this company.
  • Ability to sell their product
  • People skills
  • Honesty
  • Guarantee their product works
  • Unable to get an up to date suppliers price list
This software has never worked for my company, thus it was a waste of money. TurboBid could care less and basically said "You're on your own."
Construction Project & Field Management (1)
Jobsite reports
Estimating (4)
12.5%
1.3
2.0
Reporting & Analytics
  • It cost me money for the software that I will never get back.
You can get up to date pricing with Accubid in Canada, unlike TurboBid.
I dealt with one individual and the owner. After making me feel stupid for not being able to get an up to date price list from my suppliers, they decided to try. There were unsuccessful as well. The right thing to do would have been to refund my money, but they refused to do that. I was lied to and basically called a liar on many occasions (including in emails). I have never had an experience like this with a company before. Most of the other companies guarantee their products and would refund your money if something was wrong, didn't work or you were unsatisfied. Not this company! They could care less once they have their money.
TurboBid has been used to help in the estimating process for projects. This estimating software offers the ability for users to project the costs associated with a project regardless of the type of work required. It allows companies to accurately project and determine the cost and profit of a project, helping to determine if it is a wise pursuit or not.
  • Allows for the creation of customization reports and bid packages.
  • Users can generate formal proposals.
  • The program also has quantity take-off capabilities.
  • Estimating, needless to say.
  • Slight learning curve for users.
  • Navigation through the program may not appeal to all.
  • The program can be pricey.
TurboBid is well suited to serve as an on-premise estimating software solution for small and midsize contractors. The type of work associated with the project may include new residential, light commercial, remodeling, service work, flat-rate pricing, or just about any application! The software is less suited for large contractors that may wish to communicate information within a network domain.
Construction Project & Field Management (6)
88.33333333333334%
Estimating (5)
9.8
Cost databases
Reporting & Analytics
  • Evaluated the costs associated with a project.
  • Determine the profitability of a project.
  • Compare bid proposals to understand which subcontractor is best suited for the project.
Turbo bid is perfect for small and midsize contractor users in need of estimating projects. The software comes with excellent customer service and is easy to understand program navigation within a short period of time. The program goes into extreme detail with many capabilities for accounting and estimating. For example, the software has the ability to calculate the material installation time, which not all program competition can do.