Reviews (1-22 of 22)
- Easy to split items onto new checks.
- Ease with applying multiple payments on one table.
- It would be nice to have the option to get an email from the primary close or payment screen.
- Having a problem printing gift card balances.
Additionally, we will soon be using Upserve for fully integrated inventory and ordering management as well as scheduling. They are truly a one stop shop and they do everything well.
- Reporting: Upserve's backend reporting system is unparalleled in this industry. It's extremely robust and gives us eyes into every nook and cranny of our business.
- Intuitive: The Upserve POS is nearly as intuitive as Square. The ease of use really helps us provide great service without spending a fortune in training.
- Extras: A quality POS system is assumed with Upserve. It has all the bells and whistles and it's very effective. What takes Upserve over the top is all the added features. Our online ordering system, loyalty program, delivery platform integration, KDS system, and soon to be inventory management are all provided for free with our system. The other benefit is all these features are seamless and work really well.
- KDS System Features: Overall the KDS system is fantastic. That said, there is one really frustrating issues. When a ticket is changed in any way, including being split at the end of the transaction, it reappears on the KDS screen as a "shanged ticket." That can create enough trouble, but what makes it worse, is that it shows up on the screen in the order of ticket time. So, the changed ticket will reappear in the queue wherever the ticket time falls. It ends up being really hard to track what is what and what needs to be fired next.
- Splitting Checks: It is extremely difficult to split a check for guests. Instead of simply choosing the number of checks and dragging and dropping items onto the correct checks. With Upserve you have to start from the original move specific items to a new check. Then go back to the original and move more items to a different check, etc. Only then can you go search for checks and start charging guests.
- Menu Item Changes with Multiple Locations: Unfortunately, there's no global way to change menu items at all locations. All menu changes, big and small, have to be done individually for each location separately. It's super time consuming and frustrating.
- No need to refresh after changes are made.
- Ability to make adjustments as an admin without having to remote into a server.
- Quick response from the support team via chat.
- Ability to do granular level check audits.
- Ability to adjust breaks.
- Notifications for cards that are processed without the internet, but then are later declined by the processor.
The equipment is great, the system on the iPads is super user-friendly, and the HQ is very helpful and easy to navigate. We highly recommend using Upserve.
- Great Customer Service.
- Great for reporting.
- Easy for customers to close their tab/ticket.
- Refunding from the POS instead of the back office.
- More versatility for discount approvals. Currently, the manager has to approve EVERY discount. It would be nice if you could pick and choose which ones to password protect.
I would like to be able to let my staff give some discounts without having to enter a PIN. I would also like to be able to refund from the POS. Currently, you have to log in to the back office section of the system to refund.
- Easy tracking of inventory.
- Easy to keep menus and counts accurately updated.
- It would be helpful to have more restrictions on individuals with what they can and can't edit. At the moment it's kind of all or nothing.
- Splitting checks could be easier.
- I love all the backend reporting features of Upserve. It's really robust and helps me manage our restaurant by staying in touch with labor, best selling items, etc.
- The customer service is great. I had a question and used their chat feature and my question was answered within 5 minutes.
- I'd highly recommend this product.
- On the KDS, the system will re-fire tickets when we split checks and sometimes when simply closing out.
- On the KDS, when someone adds onto an order that has already been bumped from the screen and doesn't put the new item at the end of the queue. It bumps it to the front and keeps the original time of the original order. This makes it difficult to process the order and determine the priority of which order should be fulfilled.
- The software is very intuitive and easy to learn.
- Support staff are very helpful and wait times are low
- Email receipts and signature capture on the tablets help to reduce costs and admin time.
- There are a few minor bugs in the reporting that should be fixed.
- Check out reports could improve by showing each transaction detail.
- There is not currently a way to check via the reports how many online orders come through since they are processed as a credit card/cash.
- Seamless integration
- Excellent UI and layout. Makes using it an aesthetic pleasure!
- Wonderful customer service!
- [Could use] better sales reporting.
- Tagging needs work.
- When you go into the wrong tab for locations, you can’t do anything else!
- Breadcrumb is an agile, responsive platform, so updating our menu — which occurs — is accomplished successfully in a matter of minutes.
- Customer service —24/7 support — is excellent: a model for any company.
- Set up costs were competitive with other premium POS systems, and monthly charges are quite reasonable.
- Intermittently, the platform seems slightly unstable: items disappear from view (every time quickly rectified by the support crew, although phoning support during busy service hours is awkward).
- The mobile app isn't as robust as the desktop version; it's difficult to drill down to details on my phone.
- I'd like the table layout to be even more customizable than it is.
- Sales and financial reporting
- Great customer service
- Ease of use over our previous POS system
- Not sure yet. We are four months into the system but [it's] such an improvement over our previous system that I have no real improvement thoughts at this time.
- User-friendly interface. Easy to search for items if they are not on the screen immediately.
- Easy to track inventory with one click - any of our servers can 86 an item if the kitchen tells them to do so.
- Time tracking is really straightforward.
- Payments are easy and streamlined. They even accept American Express.
- On the back end, my in-house developer has said Breadcrumb's database is kind of a nightmare. I find all the categories and courses confusing. And now we're four years in with so much old data that needs to be archived. I wish there were ways to archive multiple items at once. Or change descriptions or prices of multiple items at once.
- I wish the integration with 3rd party delivery like GrubHub were more streamlined. It's been a headache thus far.
- I find entering different forms of payment confusing. Checks, gift certificates, etc.
- It would be great if we could have checks that include both gratuity items and non-gratuity items instead of having to split them to different checks.
- Customer Support
- Easy Menu updating
- Great layout
- Archiving menu items takes forever, they need to have click boxes to do multiple at once
- Chip reader
- Wireless kitchen printer needs to be mandatory
It addresses better control for our restaurant operation, in fact, we have some concern about the security related to users, but I love Breadcrumb because their team is always up to improve the system according to our needs.
- Very friendly interface for any level user, even the back office is pretty easy to deal with.
- There is a 24/7 support that you can contact direct from your terminal.
- Good rate when compared to other competitors.
- The team that works for Breadcrumb is always willing to help.
- User security is not the best deal, any employee can clock in/out without supervisor approval.
- There should be more detailed security levels, for example, I do not want my manager to change roles, but if they can manage users they can manage roles as well.
- Split Checks should be easier to deal with. Additionally to that you cannot use the same table until the previous check is closed.
- breadcrumb does take orders and sends them to the kitchen.
- Breadcrumb has detailed sales reports.
- It is somewhat user friendly if someone is used to using an iPad.
- Was nearly impossible to get ahold of an actual person if there was a problem.
- Have all in one loyalty program... we had to get a third party to handle the loyalty program for awhile.
- Maybe a different operating screen... it's kind of a boring eyesore.
Upserve POS (formerly Breadcrumb) Scorecard Summary
About Upserve POS (formerly Breadcrumb)
Upserve POS, formerly Breadcrumb, is a restaurant point-of-sale solution. The vendor describes it as easy to implement, with personalized onboarding, a dedicated success manager, and professional on-site installation, with 24/7/365 U.S. based in-house support team. Features include a training mode, check split, item hold, and more.
The product includes features for online ordering, table management, restaurant management, inventory, and customer management. Upserve POS also integrates with dozens of companies like GrubHub, Rezi, and Tock.
Upserve POS (formerly Breadcrumb) Screenshots
Upserve POS (formerly Breadcrumb) Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Core||$60||per month per terminal|
|Pro||$50||per month per terminal|
Our Core plan starts at $59 per month. This plan includes Payments Processing + EMV, Sales & Labor Reporting, Marketing Insights, Mobile App, Employee Scheduling, and Inventory and Online Ordering for an additional fee. Our Pro Plan starts at $199 with the first terminal free. This plan includes all core features, along with Menu Optimization, Server Performance, Loyalty, and Inventory and Online Ordering are included. Our Enterprise Plan starts at $359. This includes all the features of Pro, along with a dedicated success manager, custom reporting, and Data API Access.
Upserve POS (formerly Breadcrumb) Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Upserve POS (formerly Breadcrumb) Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||United States|