Reviews (1-2 of 2)
November 22, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
vCenter Operations Manager is used by our Infrastructure team to monitor our four vCenter environments for configuration issues and performance problems. It gives us a general health overview and allows us to locate problems quickly and easily.
- Easy to view Health Dashboard.
- Easy to configure and implement.
- Easy to quickly locate issues that need to be corrected or future performance issues through trending.
- It would be nice to be able to make configuration changes either directly in vCenter Operations Manager or have it link back to the correct locations in vCenter.
Read Roman Fyler's full review
If you already have the Enterprise level licensing, you may as well use it as opposed to pay for another third-party plug-in, i.e., SolarWinds.
We use VCOPS for health monitoring, provisioning of resources and capacity planning.
- Resources allocation estimates are amazing, this feature allowed us to increase density on our hosts by reclaiming RAM and CPU from over allocated VMs letting us increase the amount of VMs per host. The report was very clear and easy to understand.
- The planing feature enabled us to gather all the info we needed to plan hardware purchases as it showed us, with our current rate of deployment, when we would reach capacity in or environment.
- The heat maps provided excellent drill down capabilities allowing for proactively resolving potential issues.
- Only thing I would like to see is a more affordable package with the forecasting and planning feature. Other than that, I really love this product
Read Eric Kutyla's full review
Capacity planing is great, and heat map analysis is phenomenal with its drill-down capabilities and versatility