Overall Satisfaction with vCenter Operations Manager
We use VCOPS for health monitoring, provisioning of resources and capacity planning.
- Resources allocation estimates are amazing, this feature allowed us to increase density on our hosts by reclaiming RAM and CPU from over allocated VMs letting us increase the amount of VMs per host. The report was very clear and easy to understand.
- The planing feature enabled us to gather all the info we needed to plan hardware purchases as it showed us, with our current rate of deployment, when we would reach capacity in or environment.
- The heat maps provided excellent drill down capabilities allowing for proactively resolving potential issues.
- Only thing I would like to see is a more affordable package with the forecasting and planning feature. Other than that, I really love this product
- The over allocation report allowed us to postpone new hardware purchases by 16 months by reclaiming resources.
- Pro activeness to resolve issues with the build in alarms
The UI is heads and shoulders above VM Turbo, much clearer and user friendly. I did not like the cost modeling used in that product.