Vimeo Enterprise

Vimeo Enterprise

Vimeo Enterprise (Vimeo Livestream)

What is Vimeo Enterprise?

9 people want pricing too

What is Microsoft Teams?

Microsoft Teams combines video conferencing software with team collaboration tools. The communications platform allows MS Office users to conduct conference calls and share files via SharePoint, and join or initiate a group chat.

What is Zoom?

Zoom is a unified communications platform primarily known for its use as a web conferencing tool. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.

What is Vimeo Enterprise?

Vimeo Enterprise, based on technology acquired with Livestream in September 2017 is the company's HD livestreaming platform touting auto-archiving, simultaneous live streaming, secure sharing with password and domain-level security, and audience engagement (e.g. chat), with SLA available at the highest tier service level. Vimeo Enterprise streaming solution enables the user to provide secure corporate comms and "no-fail" virtual events. Or, Vimeo OTT enables the user to launch a subscription service.

Vimeo Enterprise Technical Details

Alternatives

Kristina Green | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am currently using Vimeo to host my videos for an online program in my business. I have seven modules within the program, each with at least one video (up to three) along with the other materials. All are hosted on Vimeo and embedded within the program's individual pages using their embed options.

I'd attempted to use several other services for this purpose. The issues I ran into with the competitors included allowing users to open the video in a new window (and therefore to share it with people who had not paid for the program) and poor streaming quality of the embedded video. Some even would block the users from viewing the video! I tested all of this before completing the program for sale, but wow - it was difficult to find a service that truly delivered a quality experience and was budget-friendly for a small business.
  • Quality streaming of video - few if any hiccups.
  • Embed options that allow for customization of video.
  • Option to limit viewing to just one domain, so users can't share the video link with others who have not paid for the content.
  • Easy upload process.
  • I'd like the ability to adjust the sizing of the progress bar for the videos. I recorded my videos with a profile photo that could only display in the lower left corner but when I attempted to add Vimeo's progress bar (showing how much time is left in the video) it covered the profile photo. If I'd kept that progress bar, the result would have looked unprofessional.
  • I'd like the "optimization" time after the video is uploaded to be faster. However, I realize this may depend on the speed of my internet connection.
  • I'd like more features in the Plus version of the service such as custom branding and lead generation options. This was included in another competitor that I tried before moving to Vimeo.
Although there is room for improvement, it is a fantastic service and I would suggest this to many clients. In fact, I already have and overall they're happy with it.

It does what is needed, has impressive features in the free version as well as the Plus version, and they seem to truly listen to what their clients want for features. They're head and shoulders above the competition with delivering a service that works (unlike other mentioned) along with having a slick end product. I'm so happy that I moved over to Vimeo!
Dylan Costa, CTS-D, DMC-E | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a university and we use Vimeo Live for three primary purposes. One is to expand our events to other venues on campus. With no space large enough on campus to host our larger events we often have overflow sites and we stream to these sites enabling us to involve more of the community. We also have an engaged alumni community and Vimeo Live allows us to keep them connected to the campus. Our largest streaming event is our commencement, with students and families from around the world Vimeo Live includes the extended family without requiring travel. Our entire organization has access to use the service and so it sees a variety of uses from studio art demonstrations, lectures, and panel speaking events.
  • We use the hardware based Broadcaster which makes for very easy set up. It is so easy we can loan the equipment to smaller events that do not require our on site technical assistance.
  • Ease of integration and embedding in our Facebook page and website give our followers many options to join the stream.
  • Real time statistics on viewership and chat provide up to the minute understanding of our viewers needs and issues should they arise.
  • The editing features are very basic for an archived event, work for us most of the time but can be clunky.
Perfect for the "one to many" steaming scenarios. We sometimes struggle with choosing the right platform when we may need two way communication and establishing if the chat feature is sufficient or if we need to move to a true web conferencing platform. We love the simplicity of the one way stream and really try to make the presenting department justify any move to two way communication. We are so confident in Vimeo Live because we have all the control, if we go to any platform that relies on the far end having equipment of technical expertise the chances of a successful event diminish greatly.