About IP Geolocation APIWhoisXML API’s IP Geolocation API is a resource to link an IP address, domain name, or email to its geographical coordinates. For a given input, the API returns various location data points among which the country, city,…
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
1 person also want pricing
- Tech Details
About IP Geolocation API
WhoisXML API’s IP Geolocation API is a resource to link an IP address, domain name, or email to its geographical coordinates. For a given input, the API returns various location data points among which the country, city, time zone, postal code, latitude and longitude, ASN type, geoname ID, ISP, as well as associated domains.
Marketers and advertising professionals can use the API to enrich customer profiles with location data. They can better target their audiences as part of their digital campaigns with location-based content. E-commerce businesses can work with geolocation information to customize visitors’ web experience with, for example, the relevant language and currency to facilitate the checkout process and increase sales.
Organizations can rely on IP geolocation API to collect location information about all IP addresses reaching their networks. Cybersecurity professionals can then compare these IP addresses against known spam and phishing lists and block them where necessary, so employees and other stakeholders do not fall for scams.
Payment processors can use geodata to identify possible fraudulent card-not-present transactions. If a purchase is made online from a remote location that does not match clients’ records, a verification process can then be initiated based on the information returned.
- Supported: Works for both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
- Supported: Reliable and up-to-date IP address data from various sources with weekly updates
- Supported: Covers most IP addresses currently in use
- Supported: Search terms include IP address, domain name, and email address
- Supported: Results are available in both JSON and XML formats
- Supported: Connected to a database with information on more than 30 million IP blocks and locations across 250 countries
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|