Reviews (1-2 of 2)
I use Workshare Compare to do a couple of things:
- I use it to show the differences between two versions of a document. For example, I will run a comparison before I send a revised document out to a client, and then send them a copy of the comparison to show them what has been changed. This is a general sort of use.
- I use it to proof my own changes to a document that I have been working on. I find that this is the most effective way to proof my revisions because it highlights the content you have changed (and need to proof).
- I use it to check if the other side has changed any content in a document. For example, some of the time the other side will send you an "execution version," but we need to check that they did not change anything material at the last minute.
- Clearly shows the changes between two documents using multiple colors of text and crossing-out and underlining.
- Has diverse options for savings and sending the comparison document (Word, PDF and its own proprietary file format).
- Has multiple options for letting you review each of the changes (in sequential order or by type of change).
- While Workshare Compare does let you compare PDFs and does feature some optical character recognition software, this feature only works with relatively straightforward PDFs (that are either already text readable or are very short). For longer scans, you need to first use Adobe Pro to convert those scans to Word documents, and then compare the converted Word documents. It would be nice if Workshare had a more powerful engine for comparing PDFs that allowed you to skip this intermediate step.
Read this authenticated review
Workshare Compare is well suited for professionals who review multiple versions of a document multiple times per day (or even per week). I would suggest that this is most lawyers. It is maybe less well suited if you only need to run comparisons once in a while. Word has a comparison feature built in which is so-so. I just find the Word comparisons harder to read. But if I was only running comparisons once a week on short documents then the Word version is probably fine, and Word is software that most people have anyways.
April 11, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Workshare 9 is used daily by the entire law firm to remove all meta-data from Word documents sent as email attachments via Outlook. Workshare 9 is also used to accurately and easily create perfect comparisons of the latest version of a document to an earlier version.
- Workshare 9 is easy to set up program that removes metadata from all word documents and all emails sent via Outlook It is a simple Add-in that is linked to one's Microsoft Outlook Program. Provides excellent security that all Metadata is removed and never available to the recipient.
- Workshare 9's document comparison program is world class in terms of speed and accuracy, creating an easily red comparison documenmt that highlights deletions from, additions to and items relocated within the document.
- It is easy to adjust the level of security that you want in your documents and in your email program
- It allows you to directly place a document in a new email.
- It allows you to convert a Word document to a PDF document (creating an Adobe PDF or if you elect a Workshare PDF
- You need to be careful when using a PDF Filler to turn off (easily done by un-checking a box that pops up alongside the forwarding email) the Metadata removal, as it will empty everything from the PDF form that you just added.
Read Robert Roseman's full review
- Meta Data Removal
- Comparison Copy Creation
- Initiating an email with the document already attached
- Conversion to a PDF
Workshare Compare Scorecard Summary
About Workshare Compare
Workshare’s platform is designed to empower professionals to compare, protect and share their high stakes documents on any device. According to the vendor, content owners can accurately track and compare amendments made by all contributors. This product aims to help businesses have secure ways to work collaboratively and control the process of constant change.
Headquartered in the UK, in London, Workshare also operates offices in the US and Australia. The vendor says more than two million professionals in 70 countries now use Workshare solutions on their desktop, mobile or tablet.
Workshare Compare Screenshots
Document review that gets you from draft to final version: Instantly compare different versions of a document with ease and 100% accuracy – no matter the complexity or length of the content. Prioritize your review time; in a single click identify all changes and view them by type and relevance.Share documents securely: Once you’re ready to share your reviewed document, clean and encrypt it without having to use multiple tools. Remove metadata, convert to PDF, compress or even convert file into a secure link – the choice is yours.Access files on the go: Workshare mobile apps enable you to keep productive while on the move. Access, review and compare your files to previous versions anywhere, anytime. Sync files stored in your DMS to your mobile device. Workshare seamlessly integrates with iManage, OpenText, SharePoint and other leading DMS solutions.Manage complex transactions: Eliminate law firm fixed fee write-offs by automating the manual processes involved in creating checklists and preparing closing binders. Document administration time can be radically reduced, enabling legal teams to be more productive.
Workshare Compare Integrations
Workshare Compare Competitors
Box, Docscorp, Litera
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Workshare Compare||$175||per user per year|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Workshare Compare||$175||per user per year|
Workshare Compare Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Self-Service customer portal|
Workshare Compare Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|