Easy, quick, fun

September 16, 2021

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Relationship 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Value 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Microsoft Powerpoint, and make your voice heard!

One Time Purchase

What is Microsoft Powerpoint?

Microsoft PowerPoint is a presentation software designed to allow users to create slide-based presentations including video and images, as well as slide transitions and animations.

Microsoft Powerpoint Technical Details

April 21, 2022

Easy, quick, fun

I have used this as a learning tool in my previous job as a Registrar at Salem Health. The purpose was to inform myself and other employees of new healthcare regulation both federal and statewide. I have used this at least quarterly to go over proper PPE training and safety. In my current role I use PowerPoint to stay up-to-date on current laws and regulations that effect human resource professionals, employers, and employees.
  • Presentation
  • Ability to edit
  • Layout options for each slide
  • More development for slide animations
  • More Design options aimed towards Business professionals
PowerPoint is great for conveying a message and statistical presentations. Each slide can be customized differently to fit your needs. PowerPoint is definitely my go-to when presenting. It is very easy to use and I especially like that there is a "Handout Master" view so you can see exactly how your slides will look when passed out to employees or the audience.
Tayyaba Bibi | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Powerpoint is a presentation application. In my organization related to medical field, I have been using Microsoft Powerpoint for more than five years for the seminars, meetings, conferences, groups discussion and also for the webinars purposes. I am very satisfied with the feature of the Microsoft Powerpoint and it is use for constant discussion on international level. Microsoft PowerPoint enables me to create official presentations for my documents, such as thesis.
  • Microsoft PowerPoint allows to use images, video and audio to have a greater visual impact.
  • The other best thing is it is easy to use.
  • The best feature is converts even the most simple documents into attractive presentations.
  • It offers word processing, outlining, drawing and graphing.
  • If PowerPoint are universally provided free-of-cost and preferably pre-installed in the devices it should be helpful.
  • sometimes due to heavy file it creates problem and it would be great if it runs faster
  • A user guide and annoying
Microsoft Powerpoint is great for universities, colleges, business and other organizations. According to my experience there is no cons of this app. I love utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint consistently to design my documents and thesis and I can create attractive presentations from simple documents using this software's easy, flexible and convenient features. It allows me to present my ideas to a crowd and on international level easily and without trouble.
The whole organization uses Microsoft Powerpoint for any presentations. It is already integrated with Teams, which we use for virtual collaboration. Powerpoint is used for any formal presentations to stakeholders, but also as high-level tool to communicate outlines of plans, data, etc.
  • Presentation - readability for all audience (virtual & live).
  • Automation within slides to highlight/manage information delivery
  • Integration with other Microsoft office tools, including Teams
  • Ability to save file as PDF for secure distribution
  • Better drawing tools, including updated icon library
  • Different templates that look less like standard 'slides'
  • Automatic updating from Office applications (e.g., chart/table from Excel, Gantt from Project) so embedded images are not static. (With ability to change to static if desired.)
Standard office presentations - Powerpoint is perfect for. Powerpoint is easy to put some bullets together. Presentation is easy and laser point, marker tools make it easy to present to virtual team members.

Some people use Powerpoint also as a drawing tool (drawing project timelines, drawing network diagrams/flow, etc.) and Powerpoint is not strong for drawing, though some drawing interfaces are easier the Microsoft VISIO.
We use Microsoft Powerpoint to put together presentations for product pitches. Convey information to employees and investors. Organize results and data. The business problems it addresses mainly stem from communication. It is a powerful communication platform to allow us to share ideas during meetings.
  • Easy to import Graphics.
  • Compatible with many plotting software (Excel, Origin, MATLAB).
  • Easy to customize to increase company branding.
  • It sometimes crashes when PowerPoints get too large.
  • Import/play of videos can be finicky.
  • Hotkey introduction for alignment and distribution of elements would be useful.
Microsoft PowerPoint is great whenever you need to give a presentation and you care about graphics, animations, or focusing your audience on a specific part of the slide. It is finicky and requires a lot of trial and error if you want to include videos. These have been known to not play during presentations at times.
Pitch decks, ideas, and projects, organization around roadmaps.
  • Quick mock-up.
  • Transitions and animations.
  • Smart art and objects.
  • The precision layout of objects.
  • Creating a master template.
  • Menus and tool organization.
Well suited for one slide event idea creation and less suited to working on an idea over time or having long-term usability.
I have used it in the past for projects, such as projects during training. I have used it many times during training to create a slide presentation of information I wanted to share with my onboarding class. It makes it very convenient to present many slides of information to everyone via Zoom screen share.
  • Organization
  • Convenient features
  • Can insert hyperlinks
  • better area for notes when presenting
September 16, 2021

Review on MS Powerpoint

Shehroz Akram | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft PowerPoint is a very powerful tool that is being used in most of the organization. We are using this tool on a frequent basis to prepare presentations.
  • Password protection - helps to maintain the confidentiality of the data and presentations.
  • Tramplers inherent in the software are very helpful to users.
  • Inexpensive to use.
  • A user guide.
  • Functionality direction within the software.
  • Integration with other Microsoft software to update Powerpoint in real-time.
  • Sometimes if the file size is heavy it creates problems when playing the presentation.
Microsoft PowerPoint is well suited when anyone wishes to graphically present their content/data. On the other hand, it is less appropriate while using content that contains more sentences and paragraphs, such as memos and announcements.
Cindy Moore | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Microsoft PowerPoint in our sales department to create demos or presentations to show prospects or display on a large screen during trade shows. Management uses Microsoft PowerPoint to create a slide show with instructions to introduce new programs or projects to employees. I have also used Microsoft PowerPoint to create a game to play with the employees during a motivational meeting. The business problem PowerPoint addresses is getting instructions out to either a prospect or employee in a consistent manner that can be referred to at any time. The use of visuals is very helpful as well.
  • Provides so many options on design (e.g., how it would look in your presentation)
  • Provides a presenter screen with what to say while the prospect follows along by watching their screen (without the lines to say)
  • As far as I know, you cannot make changes while in presenter mode
  • If you don't have two computer screens, it is hard to present and see what they see at the same time as being able to see your lines (or seeing their faces for reactions)
  • As far as I know, if I put a picture in a slide, I cannot add text on top of the picture
I find Microsoft PowerPoint is well suited for use during online Zoom meetings because of the presenter mode. It is also good if you do a lot of demos for prospects every day, so that you don't have to memorize what points you need to make to the customer over and over.
Ryan James Buagas | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Powerpoint is one of the primary tools my current company uses. We use it when preparing presentations, reports, business proposals, the orientation of our newly hired employees and etc. All departments use Microsoft Powerpoint but it is mainly on preparing reports. One of the business problems Microsoft Powerpoint address is preparing presentations. When making presentations, Microsoft Powerpoint is the way to go since all the things and functions needed are in there already.
  • A wide variety of design templates so you don't have to worry about the look of your presentation
  • You can easily prepare your statistical data with no ease.
  • User friendly. Everyone can do their own presentation
  • More guide or tutorials for beginners.
  • Be more user friendly.
  • More options for transitions and animations to make presentations more lively and interactive.
Microsoft Powerpoint is well suited since it is very convenient to use it and the tool is already trusted and proven. However, the software can very much be pirated and this is very unfair to everyone who pays for the product. If you would surf the internet you can download a copy of the software for free. So it needs better security on Microsoft side.
We use Microsoft PowerPoint to present data, ideas and information. These processes are used internally during company meetings as well as externally when presenting information to other companies. The business problems this program addresses are nearly endless. They range from being organized while presenting to having something an audience can grasp to when you are presenting.
  • Easy Usability
  • Information portrayed beyond the basic presentation
  • Filled with features that can really make any presentation a home run
  • Microsoft PowerPoint can be a bit dated at times when not used effectivly
  • Can take away from somebody's ability to engage an audience
Microsoft PowerPoint is utilized on all aspects of the spectrum. It is used educationally, professionally, and for personal use. Educationally, it is one of the most effective ways to teach. Displaying a graphic while speaking about a topic is a great way for the audience to grasp onto what the presenter is speaking about. Professionally, it is a great way to give a presentation and display data for clients to be able to see.
I use Microsoft Powerpoint for my firearms and personal defense training classes and seminars. It is a great presentation software and easy to use. I also use it as a graphics design program to design my brochures and business cards.
  • Great at creating professional presentations
  • Good option for graphic design projects
  • Exporting slides into different formats
  • When exporting to PDF, there is no option to just export the current slide like there is when you export to PNG. Export to PDF exports the entire file.
Powerpoint works great for presentations obviously but it is also a good graphics editor and does some similar things as Photoshop but a whole lot easier to use. I use it for creating my brochures, handouts and even created an image that I had blown up into a poster size for my business.
I use Microsoft Powerpoint on a day to day basis to share campaign planning, report metrics and support sales with customer presentations
  • Autosnap functionality
  • Recommended layouts functionality
  • Master slides
  • Background settings is inconsistent
  • Autosnap will lose center of page with too much on it
  • As you add stuff to page it becomes less intelligent
[Microsoft Powerpoint is well suited for] customer presentations, casual team presentations. Less appropriate for outward facing docs on our website where I will still use a layout tool like Adobe.
Johnston James | TrustRadius Reviewer
I preach and teach with [Microsoft] PowerPoint 3 times a [day]. It is a good way of sharing information and displaying photos that describe what I am talking about in my sermons and lesson. I have set up templates in PowerPoint to make it easier to use. Each updates from Microsoft makes it easier to use. There is a wealth of phots and clipart available with PowerPoint that makes my task easier to use. I use PowerPoint each and every day in preparation for my sermons.
  • Insert Photos from my computer and from the web with ease.
  • Auto arrangement of graphics and texts is made available through suggested formatting.
  • Spell check as I type is very valuable to me. It autocorrects many words. I like for my presentation to be accurate.
  • The ability to change any font or any size of font is very valuable to me.
  • The ability to cut and past from Microsoft Word is valuable to me. It also allows me to import tables I have already created in Word.
  • I would like for PowerPoint to automatically assume that I want my transitions to come from the left rather than from the bottom. I don't ever use a transition from the bottom.
  • Learning the control keys has made my work much faster, but where to find the shortcut keys is a challenge. Maybe a menu for shortcut keys would be helpful.
  • I like to save to my computer, PowerPoints wants everything to be save in OneDrive.
[Microsoft Powerpoint] is very well suited for preaching and teaching. I find it easier to describe what I am trying to get across with a graphic. [Microsoft Powerpoint] is the most effective way to present material. I have also used it do graduation videos for our preschool. The integration of music with the graphics provides a first rate presentation.
Raveena Thakur | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Powerpoint is used in my organization for making impressive presentation to present some important subjects. Its usually used by research department product and market research department to describe the subjects and importance of the data given. I am also using it from very beginning to make presentation. You can easily download and send directly through mails to your peers.
  • Presentation
  • Beautiful Templates
  • Wordart
  • Downloading
  • Easy sharing
  • I am not able to highlight text which is available in other softwares.
  • The common issue is that it doesn't really have much features for other versions of windows.
  • There is strong need to remove bugs as sometimes it doesn't really open.
  • There is a need to make lighter version of it
It is good to go as you can use it when you dont have any network access while you will not be able to download the templates available in the very starting . You can use to make effective presentations. You can share these presentations with your clients they open very easily.You can present the presentations on your projector.
Varun Kainthla | TrustRadius Reviewer
Powerpoint is used by our organization on a daily basis. Most of the data like business growth, company’s profits or customer experience that has to be presented to the other employees is primarily done through this software only. It mainly addresses the need of an organization to visualize the data and make it more digestible and easy to look at.
  • Visualization of data: You can make boring data like sales numbers or targets look more interesting through this software.
  • Ease of Use: Even with its colossal features, it still remains very easy to use and it is very easy to learn how to use it.
  • Gives a lot of customizability for each presentation.
  • It is really cheap.
  • It has a lot of features which can confuse people and usually results in a person wasting time on looks rather than material.
  • It has a unreliable customer service.
In [the] business world, Powerpoint is a standard for presentations. However, [all] data that one comes across must not be shown through Powerpoint, which is a mistake a lot of people make. For example, when data is text heavy (like [a] review of a novel). Secondly, one should first write their ideas and then use Powerpoint to visualize them. Many people usually waste their time in making presentation look beautiful even though their content is weak.
This software saves our lives daily at work. We use it throughout the company. To make presentations, it is one of the best, and certainly the best known. Very easy to use, with several options of themes, templates, integrated with Office 365, in addition to allowing shared use, with security levels, and in addition to being very fast.
  • Share presentations
  • Template options
  • Quick to use
  • Multi monitor presentation
Which scenario is it recommended? In practically everyone from that very simple and fast presentation (really fast), that you do in 5 minutes, to that more complex presentation, with animations and details, in all these scenarios Powerpoint attends to you. I think the only point that I think can improve, is the question of using multiple monitors, due to it being lost with some frequency, but nothing that prevents the use.
Microsoft PowerPoint is being used across the whole organization, not only by the training teams but by the management of almost every unit. It allows us to communicate in clear, visual ways both internally to our own employees, and externally to clients. PowerPoint provides a simple and accessible program for every staff to use.
  • Accessability - Anyone can get into PowerPoint
  • Visualization - Ability to clearly convey information
  • Polish - the program provides a lot of ways to make simple ideas polished
  • Deeper customization is not very possible.
  • It's very clear when something is made in PowerPoint.
  • Not ideal for creating graphics or even arranging them.
Microsoft PowerPoint is well suited for management, both for making presentations for their employees, and presenting possible ideas to anyone above them. It's also well suited to departments heavy in communication, such as the training departments--which use presentations often during orientation sessions, and the like--and HR departments--which use presentations for explaining benefits, or other things.
Microsoft PowerPoint is used to inform employees on how to use other software quickly and used as quick notes. The company also uses PowerPoint to address what types of materials that will be used in projects. Microsoft PowerPoint can show pictures as examples as an easy way for step-by-step ways to use other software used in the company.
  • Inserting pictures clearly.
  • Can change backgrounds.
  • Have easy to use [templates].
  • Can provide more [template] choices.
  • Technical difficulty with slides.
  • On going cost.
Microsoft PowerPoint is great for presentations. The slides can be used to summarize different topics [along] with pictures. The company I work for used PowerPoint as training and report of financials gains at the end of the year. The only time where PowerPoint is less effective is when explaining complex subjects.
Every employee in our organization uses Microsoft PowerPoint. It is the standard for presentation software and is used by one hundred percent of our clients.
  • Interfaces with other Office products
  • Easy to find support
  • I feel they change the interface and usability too often, requiring some re-learning.
  • Some functionality is difficult to figure out.
  • There are some things that it just doesn't do.
Microsoft PowerPoint is powerful when creating presentations of all kinds (graphic, video, numeric, visual, etc). It is easy to update between groups and within teams. I can't think of any scenarios where it is not a good solution.
Microsoft Powerpoint allows you [to] share and present information in a concise and easy to share format. The tool has several presentation features which allow the presenter to see notes and other items that those who are viewing the presentation do not see. It is a capable tool that does what it needs to do to allow for clear communication of information.
  • Good presenter features
  • Used by most organizations
  • Sometimes alignment can be clunky
  • Files can sometimes be large when images are added
  • Occasional formatting issues
It is well suited for capturing bullet point information and being able to share it with others in an interactive format. The ability to have presenter notes allow the presenter to not have to hold note cards or look at separate paper notes. This allows for a more fluid presentation in front of a large group.
Nafisha Labiba | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Powerpoint is used across the organization at my company. We are a leading business in Bangladesh in tourism and leisure. We need to prepare ppt templates for onboarding the customers as well as our employees and tour hosts. In addition to this, preparing the project planning and management is extremely good in Powerpoint and it's very vibrant and easy to understand. We normally prepare promotional & project related documents through using this application.
  • It's global and accepted very well by everyone.
  • Infographics design and word arts feature.
  • Visualization of data is very vibrant.
  • Animation feature.
  • Offline access to prepare the ppt.
  • Easy to understand and user-friendly interface.
  • Existing layout designs need to improved or new designs can be incorporated.
  • More design ideas can be incorporated.
  • Infographics can be built in helping the users.
When anyone wants to present anything e.g. project, business plan etc. to the senior leaders or any audience, Microsoft Powerpoint is well suited in this regard. It's the best platform for sharing any ideas, data or findings with the relevant audience. I would choose to refer Microsoft Powerpoint to other colleagues for using this.
Microsoft Powerpoint is essential in our teams, as we use it for most deliverables in presentation format. It has improved throughout the years greatly and always kept features up to date, such as leveling, grouping, sharing flexibility. The linking with external documents is very important and used very frequently by our team members, and we usually export or copy over data from Excel or other files to visualize in Powerpoint.
  • Slide show and notes help us focus the audience on what's being presented.
  • Leveling and grouping objects makes it looks nice and clean.
  • Export/importing data to and from other files helps us update different versions easily.
  • Sometimes it breaks or locks when source is misunderstood and there's no easy way to fix it.
  • Occasional saving/protecting bugs happen but not significant.
  • Charts styling is limited compared to Excel.
I could not imagine my work being completed and presentable without using Powerpoint. I have tried using other programs, but Powerpoint is so much easier to use compared with others and has more flexibility and pre-built styling that is easy to implement. I also like the slide copy/paste feature that helps me easily modify my presentation without [losing] any slides.
Our whole organization uses Microsoft Powerpoint at some point or another. It is a highly effective presentation tool that enables us to create powerful presentations, inductions, training materials and other documents that can easily be branded by the use of templates.
  • HR Department use Microsoft Powerpoint for inductions.
  • Learning and Development use Microsoft Powerpoint in delivery of training courses.
  • Everyone is able to us Microsoft Powerpoint to delivery presentations, e.g. for sales, knowledge sharing, informing teams of changes, etc..
  • There could be better functionality to manage Microsoft Powerpoint at an organisation level, although the GPO templates do provide some of that already.
Microsoft Powerpoint would be the only software package that I would recommend to a colleague if they were preparing and delivering a presentation. It links up well with the other products in the Microsoft Office suite and particularly well with Microsoft Teams when delivering events and meetings.
PowerPoint is an excellent tool for presenting documents in an engaging and appealing manner. Sound and video can be quickly integrated. The animations are often entertaining and vibrant.
  • They have ready to use templates that can come on very handy.
  • It runs pretty smoothly, even on low end devices.
  • They arrange their layout nicely, and you never feel overwhelmed.
  • Lines alignment accuracy can be a lot better.
Microsoft PP provides you with so many features to make your presentation. The functions such as animations, pre-designed slides, ease of adding shapes, color scaling, and various intelligent arts are excellent.
Microsoft office Powerpoint is a great tool to visually present ideas, Powerpoint is an easy to use application to create amazing presentations.
We use Microsoft Office Powerpoint in meetings, knowledge sharing and in various sessions, I wish we have more premium templates available in Microsoft Office Powerpoint, everything else about this software is amazing.
  • Templates
  • Animations
  • Transitions
  • More templates.
  • More animations.
  • More transitions.
  • Collaborative editing and commenting.
If you are a student, teacher or any other profession we use computers every day, so we are communicating more with computers, that has increased tremendously during this pandemic everyone is working from home, students are learning online from home, this has made Microsoft Powerpoint and its competitor applications a necessity we can share study material in Powerpoint.