Microsoft Powerpoint Reviews

December 16, 2020
Varun Kainthla | TrustRadius Reviewer
Powerpoint is used by our organization on a daily basis. Most of the data like business growth, company’s profits or customer experience that has to be presented to the other employees is primarily done through this software only. It mainly addresses the need of an organization to visualize the data and make it more digestible and easy to look at.
  • Visualization of data: You can make boring data like sales numbers or targets look more interesting through this software.
  • Ease of Use: Even with its colossal features, it still remains very easy to use and it is very easy to learn how to use it.
  • Gives a lot of customizability for each presentation.
  • It is really cheap.
  • It has a lot of features which can confuse people and usually results in a person wasting time on looks rather than material.
  • It has a unreliable customer service.
In [the] business world, Powerpoint is a standard for presentations. However, [all] data that one comes across must not be shown through Powerpoint, which is a mistake a lot of people make. For example, when data is text heavy (like [a] review of a novel). Secondly, one should first write their ideas and then use Powerpoint to visualize them. Many people usually waste their time in making presentation look beautiful even though their content is weak.
Read Varun Kainthla's full review
October 20, 2020
Adam Cain | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use PowerPoint to visually communicate in most of our meetings from team level up to corporate level. It helps drive home key points in a meeting and provide visuals that help data make sense. As an included part of the Microsoft Office Suite it works well with other apps such as Excel for utilizing charts and graphs.
  • Animations of objects on a single slide
  • Transitions from slide to slide
  • Dynamic sizing of fonts to make items fit
  • Video backgrounds rather than stills that can continuously play from one slide to the next
  • Wizards to create templates as that part is not intuitive
  • Ability to link text from one slide to the next like Publishers ability to bleed over from one text box into a next
It is well suited for factual information sharing. It is not well suited as a full presentation package for church needs as it lacks the ability to use video feed as background, import lyrics, etcetera.
I have never had to use the actual support. Most of my questions are "how to" questions and there is a rich internet full of users sharing their tips and tricks with this application. Sometimes I find the answers on Microsoft support site but often I don't
Read Adam Cain's full review
August 31, 2020
Terra Stafford | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use PowerPoint for almost everything: presentations, documents, printed materials, playbooks, etc. Whenever my design team tries to pull a design into Adobe Creative Cloud instead, it usually ends up back in PowerPoint. PPT is one application that allows you to be creative with create great designs, while still being editable by an entire team (not just the designers).
  • Presentation mode animations: You can make things LOOK more creative and high-tech than they actually are when you apply the animations in clever ways.
  • Text transform: Google and Apple's answers to PowerPoint are severely lacking in this area.
  • Gives you free reign of the design of the page.
  • It's easy to create layouts with the smart guides that appear as you move/resize objects.
  • I WISH they had the option to export with bleeds, so you could use pages for large format printers.
  • When you export a PDF from a letter or legal-sized paper, it adds a white border around the page, even when there was none in the design. As a designer, this drives me CRAZY.
  • Adobe Creative Cloud allows you to move things slowly with the arrows, or in 10px increments when you hold the Shift and arrow key. In PowerPoint, when you hold shift and click the arrows, the shape resizes. It would be nice if there was another way to move things with the arrows in increments of 10px with PPT too.
  • PPT claims to be able to embed fonts, but it only causes headaches. Every time we have a file that we want to embed fonts, all we get are error messages. It's infuriating that we can't use more customized fonts and share them with our clients. Everyone asks for standard system fonts, which makes the design bland.
We use it for presentations as well as printed documents. We use PowerPoint when files need to be edited between us and our clients, so we can hand over a document and they can maintain it without us. However, if we want something static or more polished, then we move it into the Adobe Creative Cloud applications instead.
I've never contacted Microsoft support directly; I've only Googled the answers to my questions. But just the fact that there are thousands of posts on boards with people having random issues with PPT is a bit indicative of the state of the support for their product.
Read Terra Stafford's full review
May 04, 2020
Nahian Mahmud Shaikat | TrustRadius Reviewer
In every department, we used to use Microsoft Powerpoint to present our report summaries, production information, company strategic plan, logistic plan, etc. Actually this application makes it easier to share the knowledge and information among stakeholders. The company makes important decisions based on presentations conducted by using Microsoft PowerPoint. To provide training to the trainees of different departments we also use this application.
  • Present information in a visual graph.
  • Add required table to the presentation slides.
  • Present the summary of any case or scenarios.
  • Add different media to the slides.
  • There could have something to calculate, as like as excel. Some ready to operate financial formulas.
  • Add more free design to the existing software.
  • More fonts should add to the existing list.
It is well suited for the corporate presentation to present core information with the stakeholders which makes it easier to understand by the audiences. Professors are now using this application to do academic presentations which help the students to concentrate in the classroom. On the other hand, trainers also use PowerPoint to train the participants.
I am giving this rating because whenever I was looking for support from the Microsoft PowerPoint I used to get the required help. As because of quick support I can easily do my work and present it according to my preference. I am highly satisfied with the usability of this application.
Read Nahian Mahmud Shaikat's full review
May 26, 2020
Yes, it is used by my whole organization and it helps us a lot for making presentations and a variety of other tasks as well. It allows us to use images, audio, and video. It helps to make a brief writeup of a detailed study/matter making it more attractive and easy to read and understand for others. We can use various backgrounds of our choice, colorful and stylish fonts, we can also paste pictures, charts, and various other informative things on it.
  • It has Smart Art which is a diagram tool and helps us to insert diagrams in presentations.
  • It contains shapes that help to make the diagram manually. It has a number of transitions that are very useful for making slides attractive.
  • You can easily insert images in the slide from your gallery. It contains many animations.
  • The only thing is that, it is very difficult to create our own custom design. It needs some polish.
It is mainly used as a presentation tool, it helps to animate your slide and give it great visual impact and you can create a professional format. It is very easy to organise your presentation in PowerPoint and it is very easy and reliable to use it for business as well as for education purposes.
Because it is very useful for me since I am in school. Making a presentation by PowerPoint is very useful to create an impact on the audience.

What is Microsoft Powerpoint?

Microsoft PowerPoint is a presentation software designed to allow users to create slide-based presentations including video and images, as well as slide transitions and animations.