Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Microsoft Excel, and make your voice heard!
Excel with Microsoft 365
Excel for 1 PC or Mac
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $6.99 per month
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
- Excel is the leading tool for data entry system.
- It is used to prepare the summaries of huge data.
- It makes easier to perform analysis by using its built in options such as pivot table.
- First of all, there should be direction or navigation available to use the tools for the basic users.
- Some tutorials or user guides maybe create values that can provide ease to the users.
- There maybe some more criteria included to recover the lost files of excel.
It could be less appropriate to draft a message/memo or any other written document.
Besides, the options and available tools in [Microsoft] Excel cover most of the needs of the users which is remarkable.
- It is very good at embedded formulas and tying cells to one another
- It allows me to compare deals terms on a side-by-side basis and talk my clients through it easily.
- It is very helpful as well in terms of allowing me to filter/sort results in many different ways depending on what specific information I am most interested in prioritizing.
- Ease of access to more/better on how to develop some formulas would be appreciated. I often feel as if I am left to my own devices to figured it out myself.
- The visual interface is not particularly exciting or engaging at all.
- It was be great to have more options to save the file in additional formats, where applicable.
- presentation of record-entries are also enhanced and improved readability with the help of different styling , fonts , colour-coding, etc
- there are many shortcuts for everything in Microsoft Excel but user doesn't know all of them and if he still does know them then it's hard to remember all of them because they are quite in huge number, so something should be done for this
- there should be a tutorial or guide for new users of every feature Microsoft Excel possesses
- autosave feature should never be off, if a user want it to be off then he should be manually able to do it
- Microsoft Excel application is very big in size and takes a huge amount of disc space and RAM in computers, hence a Microsoft Excel Lite version should be introduced so that the people who don't have that much space in their system can use the lite version of it
- Microsoft Excel mobile application working is not smooth yet , it is very hectic for those people who don't have PC or don't have accessibility to computers at that time and want to get their work done.
- It's compatible. I use Excel for Mac without issues sending and receiving workbooks to and from others.
- It's intuitive. The interface is as clean as it can be for all its functionality.
- Pivot tables: When needed, they are fast and easy to create.
- Formula help is a little hard to understand.
- Help search could be improved. It sometimes tries to search all over the internet instead of just in Excel.
- It can be confusing to have two ways to find data: Via the menu (Edit - Find) and the upper right magnifying glass symbol. They have different functionality, too.
- Visuals through charts, tables, etc.
- To run multiple checks simultaneously.
- Allowing secured but easier way to import third-party data.
- Financial/Accounting/Mathematics Calculation and Usage.
- Dashboards/Data Analysis/Information Reporting and Presentation.
- Project Management/Leadership Usage and Application.
- Adding more advanced and scalable programming features like Macros & APIs.
- Providing better themes, Interfaces, and User Experience.
- Supporting more languages especially Arabic and others.
Microsoft Excel is less appropriate when the work needs more word processing or formatting features like font, color, alignment, spacing, dividing the text into paragraphs, drawing and painting features, in addition to database features like query, insert, delete, create, and drop transactions.
- Pivot Tables
- Sorting and Filtering
- Sort feature does not work if there are blank rows; very frustrating
- Sometimes pivot tables don't update with refresh; have to delete the entire table and redo.
- Graphical representation.
- Fast calculation.
- Easy to learn.
- Limit on rows and columns.
- Auto calculation takes time.
- Use lot system memory.
- Specific Formatting
- Formula Driven
- Consolidates Large Data
- Online Support Community
- Video Instructions for Macros
- Easy to use formulas.
- Can have one sheet pull data from other sheets.
- Easy to enhance to make it look great.
- Make it easier to write a table of contents.
- Make it easier to write an outline.
- Additional font choices
- Easier to find formulas and their functions
- Smart tips as you progress
- Adding sums with their formulas
- Can design for various visual types on your team to understand what's going on
- Easy to share with others on your team
- Specific formulas are hard for the program to understand when doing equations
- Dealing with negative numbers can be quite difficult when cells are interacting with each other
- Moving cells is not as easy to do manually; keyboard shortcuts makes it easier
- Entering and classifying data
- The work of employees' sheets and data
- the formula of functions and equations should be facilitated more
- Add articles from Word to Excel
- Make a presentation on the program
- Data Collection
- Data analysis
- Data filtering
- Built-in formulas for calculations
- Copying data from one sheet to another
- Formulas and functions should be explained properly
- Hard to integrate with third party applications
- Invoicing of the Services and Supply
- Managing and Creating Data in Easier Way
- Reconciling the Costs efficiently
- Time Tracking of the Laborers
- Help guides required in the video formats with the written formats.
- Easy to write different modules for the beginners who don't knows the VBA.
- Linking of other MS Office file formats within the MS Excel sheets.
This product is less appropriate who doesn't know the basic of this product, like formulas, functions, etc.
- Conditional formatting of cells using regular rules.
- Filtering of cells.
- Quickly summarizing data.
- Calling data from other spreadsheets into formulas.
- Counting conditionally formatted cells (e.g., you have 5 green cells, 10 red ones, and 3 orange ones in a row).
- Merging cells in a table; I have to remove the table first and then re-add the table to merge cells together.
- Offering more preset colour categories for formatting graphs.
- Built-in functions to run ANOVAs, Multiple Linear Regression, Factor Analysis, etc.
- Pivot Tables/Charts & Slicer
- Charts - new types are added occasionally
- Easy to open, navigate and start building spreadsheet
- Familiarity as part of Microsoft Office - everyone knows it
- Reviews. Other than adding Notes or Comments, you cannot see what someone changed (like Word) unless you manually "redline" the cells
- Training - there are many features to Excel that most people are not aware of
- Ease of use
- Wide range of capabilities and functions
- Helpful autocomplete functions
- Helpful formula auditing tools
- [The] cloud version sometimes hangs up for unknown reasons.
- "Look and feel" occasionally changed by updates.
- Capabilities can be overwhelming.
- Sort data
- Easy to view
- create charts
- Organize data
- Very pleased and I find it to be user friendly
1. Database Management
2. Data Analysis and interactive Graphical Representation
3. Easy formula and effective pivot table usage
4. Protecting the confidential data through password encryption.
5. Successfully addresses the business analysis related issues.
- Database management
- Data Analysis
- Interactive Graphical Representation
- Effective formula and interactive graphical representation.
- Easy PIVOT Chart
- The software can introduce with some demonstration of the basic formulas for the new users.
- Harder to create dashboards with limited options.
- Row limit functionality for data processing requiring multiple tabs.
- API development.
- Data Gathering
- Data Filtering
- Layout of equation panel
- Graphing tool setup
- Data plotting
- Copy and pasting
- Formulas - Has a long list of options
- VBA - it's a great way to automation
- Data Source - incredible to work with bigdatas
- Could have the "google.translate" formula as Google Sheets
- Possibility to choose the numbers of columns and rows by Worksheet
- More functions in worksheets open into browsers
- Sum Columns
- Make pretty spreadsheets
- Import Data
- When running the Excel spreadsheet from SharePoint, I prefer to hit Save rather than to have the app auto-save for me.
- The version on my iPad is less intuitive (less functional?) than the version on my desktop - I haven't checked if macros work on my iPad spreadsheets
- I would like to put a mix of data types on one cell: text plus a link. HOwever, if I do that, it always treats the whole cell like a link.