- I think it works really well for making home budgets especially if you are doing like an every dollar system.
- It can easily be used to make simple invoices when you have a template.
- Using it when you have said an American Express credit card invoice to break that invoice into the correct departments to be able to add to the correct account in your other accounting software works well.
- I also use it for calculating my payroll tax.
- There are probably some integrations from other data sources that pull the info automatically that could come in handy though.
- There is very little I think it lacks, but I barely touch the surface of what it can do even though I am a decently skilled user.
Very complicated things like doing payroll for 100 employees is probably not going to be the best thing to do with excel as there are going to be many better alternatives specifically made for that at an ok price.
But I would definitely recommend excel to anyone that has a small business as it is so versatile.