Reviews (1-14 of 14)
- The user experience has increased exponentially in the time we have implemented here at Principal. Each iteration makes it easier for our employees to use. Creating events is one of the strengths that immediately come to mind. With a few tweaks it is the most intuitive and simple of most of the components of the CSR side.
- Date/calendar feature is rough - it automatically puts in a year out so you have to correct that and the time zone needs to automatically populate as it's a huge list that confuses most people.
- The search feature overall - not intuitive and clunky and usually inaccurate - needs to be fine tuned as well as broadened to include everything associated with a particular event or user - having said that they have made great improvements in this in the recent future so that's something to be grateful for.
Less appropriate - little tactical UX things being improved to today's standards would make a big difference i.e. the calendar feature pushes things out a year and you have to click 12 times to get it back and the time zone choices are confusing to most of our US users.
- Customer service - Our Account Manager is always quick to jump in and help herself, if not point us in the proper direction.
- The platform is very intuitive and consistently being upgraded/updated.
- Design is creative/colorful and can be quickly customized for a client.
- There is wording on the platform that needs to be changed. Instead of "Add Shift" it should say "Sign Up." That makes sense and doesn't confuse the employee.
- Need to display only the current projects/events, no past events (once over) should show up.
- Need to be "best practices" that can be shared with client peers.
- Reporting features could be a bit more user-friendly.
- Being a central hub for all giving data.
- Managing giving transactions and match applications.
- The usability of the back-end is terrible. They are in the midst of an admin transition that doesn't seem to have an end in sight.
- Cannot log in-kind donations such as people who participate in supply-related giving drives.
- Resolving issues takes weeks, not hours.
- The Engagement Element functionality is flexible and user-friendly.
- The IRS database integration is a great feature when employees are able to choose any charity in the U.S.
- It is very helpful to see your total community impact (volunteering and giving) on one page.
- Our dedicated account manager is great - very responsive and proactive.
- Integration with Workday.
- No capability to set volunteer or giving goals.
- Little ability to personalize the features that our employees see - for example, we cannot limit the time zones that show up on the site even though we only need a couple of them for our employee demographic.
- Dollars for Doers Volunteer Grant program features are very easy to use and manage.
- Cause cards are a great incentive available through CSR connect.
- Searching for charities to contribute dollars to is easy to navigate.
- The Engagement Elements are very user-friendly and easy to update on the admin side. Our employees love them and how easy they are to find and click through.
- There is not a blogging feature, it would be great to have that as an innovative feature in the future. Many firms are lookign at new ways to always share their stories, story tell, and allow their employees to share their volunteer and charitable giving passions.
- It would be very beneficial if external NPOs could create events within CSRconnect on the compamy's behalf. This would help drive volunteerism and the administrative burden.
- There are a lot of steps to "Give" to an NPO and also request a company match.
- There are no generic toolkits to help onboard new companies to show them how to set up different features i.e. playbook. There is not a guide that outlines the different tools and functions, etc.
- Metrics tracking -- CSRconnect makes it so easy to track metrics, especially in terms of volunteerism. You can easily visit the back office and pull any details on your company's volunteer metrics.
- Reporting -- CSRconnect has great reporting functionality built right into the back office! Super easy to use and very accessible.
- Giving -- CSRconnect makes it super easy to find a nonprofit and make a donation to the charity of your choice.
- One thing CSRconnect could do better with is having more functionality surrounding Corporate Social Responsibility (i.e., ESG, Environmental opportunities, etc.). I know Benevity's platform has more to offer in that space.
- Ability to verify nonprofits
- Ease of use for front end users
- Lack of ease of reporting and inaccurate reports following implementation
- The photo display is challenging. The size restrictions are quite odd, so a photo may display well on the homepage, but clicking on it strongly distorts the photo on the next page. This causes a major limitation in the photos that may be selected.
- Tracks volunteer hours well-leading us to track our impact.
- Creating volunteer events is easy and sending the link for others to sign up is easy.
- Creating reports on the number of volunteer hours logged is easy.
- Creating engagement elements is not intuitive, I had to learn some coding and a lot of trial and error.
- Lots of functionality that my organization just doesn't use. I wish we could pay less because we are essentially only using volunteers.
- There are always updates with no warning and no explanation and support is not always there.
- "Automation" of the matching gift request process and gives employees the ability to "self-serve" by making the request directly when the make a financial gift.
- It also allows the employee to track their own giving so they know what they've used (or donated) and how much is still available for matching. It further allows
- employees to dictate the amount of the match request, regardless of what their actual donation might have been.
- Automated communication emails when employees sign up for events or change their participation status.
- Reporting - volunteer event participation data, charities supported, etc. Easy to get lots of data.
- The shift feature in creating a volunteer event is very cumbersome and difficult to use! Needs to be simplified and be more intuitive.
- When creating events, drafts don't save and you have to go in and re-create every time. It would also be nice to see the way the draft looks while creating.
- as opposed to having to create it, save it and then go to the actual event to see what it looks like.
- When creating an engagement element, it would also be nice to see the way the draft looks while creating as opposed to having to create it.
Difficult to use if the fundraiser must utilize a specific site for donations. For example, a group of our employees are participating in a team fundraiser and each member of the team is required to raise a minimum. The NPO is lonely allowing donations to be accepted through their specific portal. This is a missed opportunity for the NPO but in order to support this event, donations will not be able to be made through CSRconnect.
On the other hand, we provide a $50 charity gift card to all of our employees around Thanksgiving for them to use for a charity that is meaningful to them. This used to be a manual process but now with CSRconnect, the incentive card allows us to easily manage this distribution and redemption process.
- The site design is clean and intuitive.
- The fee structure allows our company to cover all costs rather than passing any fees on to the nonprofits being supported.
- The site offers robust features and programs.
- It can be unclear that "Opportunities" means team volunteering and "Record Hours" means individual volunteering.
- If you display total 12-month amounts for recurring payroll deductions, the match amounts displayed will not line up, as they are only displayed as the amount remaining in the calendar year.
- Fairly intuitive flow for users.
- Ability to add photos to showcase project ideas, past projects to help inspire engagement.
- Regular updates to try to accommodate for client requests.
- Emails are not fully customizable and as such can be confusing to our users since some terminology used in the offering doesn't match our internal language.
- Team seems slow to fix some issues related to usability.
- Database isn't as clean as expected-duplicate orgs, internal orgs not as robust as expected.
- The reporting is tricky. Currently two systems. They are working on streamlining this.
- User-friendly- Our employees can navigate it well.
- Quick - The system loads significantly faster than our previous one.
- Reporting - The reporting feature is very versatile.
- Data - Transfer of data to be correct.
- Measurements - Allowing employees to set goals on their home page.
- Volunteer hours- It is confusing for employees to differentiate between their events and personal hours. this should be combined and not be separated.
- The look of CSRconnect is pleasant.
- Things that seem simple, but have way too many steps in them
- The picture ratios and the way that pictures are displayed are awful! Even if you use the recommended sizing, all pictures are stretched oddly and do not look nice. It is also frustrating that you cannot move or adjust a picture within the frame to make it look more appealing.
- The search function is not intelligent when trying to find a charity.
- The donation history is often wrong and many employees are confused about why totals do not match. The same goes for volunteering hours.
CSRconnect Scorecard Summary
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Product pricing varies based on company needs and employee size.
CSRconnect Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
CSRconnect Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry|
|Supported Languages:||Multiple Language Translations for Global Deployment|