July 26, 2014
Score 9 out of 10
Unified Security Gateway
Overall Satisfaction with Actiance
A compliance solution was needed for tracking and logging of IM conversations. The Actiance USG solution (formerly FaceTime) was decided as the product to use due to its robust capabilities and ease of implementation. Although it was purchased for one department it was quickly integrated across the organization. Once deployed it's full range of options were immediately put to use to help with various security related needs.
- Filtering capabilities for both URL and Social Media were easy to implement and manage by the security team. These features allow you to grant or deny access to various user groups as needed all the way to an individual grant or deny. It offers a vary large robust list of configuration options.
- If you have a need for storing and later discovering Instant Messaging conversations or even messaging in social media then this is the tool to deploy. At that time when we chose this product, none of the other products were capable of meeting the feature set that Actiance offered.
- Ease of deployment. Its abilities for integration with LDAP and Active directory give a wide set of deployment options.
- Its configuration options were very large and required a good deal of time to learn all of the various settings.
- Faster investigative work has led to increased employee efficiency when working on security investigations.
This was the only appliance of its kind that I have used. Other devices have different capabilities for web filtering such as the checkpoint firewalls, but none of them offered the overall solution that was deployed with this product at that time.
Its not often that you come across a platform that is as easy to deploy as this one was. Once deployed it is an easy configure and forget appliance, but then you wouldn't get to benefit from its many other available features.