Thrilled with ActiveDEMAND
May 29, 2015
Thrilled with ActiveDEMAND
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ActiveDEMAND
ActiveDEMAND is currently being used by our Canadian Marketing Team to drive subscription-based marketing initiatives, campaigns and to execute local events. ActiveDEMAND provides us with a single robust tool to help us execute email marketing activities, build landing pages, protect assets, run nurture campaigns, send surveys and more all with powerful analytics and reporting capabilities.
- Template development and brand management - ActiveDEMAND makes it simple to maintain your brand identity and a consistent look and feel across campaigns using templates and brand identities that are easy to set up and easy to incorporate into every piece of collateral you develop.
- Use of variables for replicated content - This is super convenient! Templates can be created and then the campaign can be cloned (in its entirety or just the assets you need) and reused allowing for simple updates to be made to the variables in minutes. This makes executing campaigns very simple and quick once your templates are built the way you want them.
- Responsive design - This is a MUST in modern digital marketing and ActiveDEMAND does this really well. You can view all screen size renders as previews as you build your assets and all the modules are built to work with responsive technology so you can be confident that the assets you create and share with customers won't break and will look great on all devices.
- It just works. - Everything from creating logic steps to editing the items you create just works really really well.
- Support - the support team has been amazing. Live chat and ticket submission facilities make it easy to get help when you need it and tickets are resolved quickly and effectively. There is also a good knowledge base of self help articles available online.
- Reporting - Though the reporting is extensive and very very good... I sometimes miss a simplified view of email opens/clicks/link clicks etc.
- Don't get me wrong, you can get to this data in ActiveDEMAND relatively easily, the default views through the campaign dashboard are just quite detailed (which some people would probably prefer) and I just don't think that we need that level of reporting on first glance. That being said, I do love the option to drill down and uncover the complex detailed data when i do want it (ActiveDEMAND is very good at this).
- One element of reporting that I would also like would be an event registrant report showing all registered people (this part exists) and their responses on the registration form they completed to register for the event. (These things would be dietary restrictions, industry, customized responses to other event related questions).
- I also wish the reports autorefreshed more frequently.
- ICS Files - Right now there are work arounds for loading an ICS file (Calendar meeting invite file) that can be accessed in campaign assets. I just wish this was more native to the tool.
- Archive Filing - Now, first of all, it is so amazing that ActiveDEMAND even has an archiving feature... I LOVE this. One small downside, however, is that the archiving cannot be organized using a folder structure or anything. I would like to be able to group my live events together, then group my webinars together etc.
- Simplified email marketing and event management
- Better tracking of leads
- Better intelligence about which initiatives are working well and where future opportunities lie
- Less reliant on IT department/third party to execute our online marketing
- Constant Contact,industry mailout,MailChimp,SurveyMonkey,ClickDimensions,Sightmax
ActiveDEMAND is much more robust than most of the above products. It does more and provides more detailed analytics. It is also very user friendly. The user interface is nice and it is very easy to navigate the tool. The brand identity and replicated content are two areas where ActiveDEMAND really shines compared to competitors.
When choosing a marketing automation system, it is important to think of what exactly you want it to do. I think no matter what you are hoping to get out of a marketing automation platform, you can achieve it with ActiveDEMAND. It can be used for simple/basic marketing email sending and campaign execution or it can be used to develop a microsite, create sales and marketing kiosks, run multi-step campaigns, host protected assets or whatever you want to do with it. You can easily choose (or ignore) the modules and features to be as creative as you choose to be.