Overall Satisfaction with Akamai Bot Manager
Akamai Bot Manager helps me and my customers to gain visibility over the bot traffic vs the real traffic and take the appropriate actions, besides being black or white ( deny/allow) it has another set of options very useful for our infrastructures such as tarpit or delay. Akamai Bot Manager is easy to install on websites and even mobile applications through the SDK package.
- Detects bots traffic.
- Take actions over the bot traffic.
- Proactively protects agains known bad bots.
- Support might not be as fast as we want for custom implementations.
- At the beginning the interface might be confusing.
- Some new features they introduce might break existing features.
- Good ROI over the first month.
- Gain visibility over bot traffic.
- Protect websites and mobile applications.
Since I've been a former Akamai employee, I know there is a solid engineering team tuning this product daily and their back-end also is widely distributed through the Akamai CDN network. Akamai also offers good support through the installation and post-installation of the product and the product evolves constantly as the threats do as well.
Do you think Akamai Bot Manager delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Akamai Bot Manager's feature set?
Did Akamai Bot Manager live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Akamai Bot Manager go as expected?
Would you buy Akamai Bot Manager again?
E-commerce or financial websites fits very well for this product but it can be applied to any existing website in practice. Akamai Bot Manager introduces new features every so often that help me and my customers to stay protected against the latest threat without worrying to update my hardware or software in my environment.