Overall Satisfaction with Amazon CloudWatch
Amazon Cloud watch is primarily used for watching all the requests coming into any of the AWS services our organization is using. It can tracks all the requests, with the IP address and can help in monitoring the requests/ sec. Also helps to filter what requests need to be searched based on different criteria like Access Key, and IP address.
- Tracking all the incoming requests.
- Filtering the requests.
- It can collect and access all your performance and operational data in the form of logs and metrics from a single platform rather than monitoring them in a server, database, or network.
- Integration of Cloud watch to other tools to export data and analyze it on premise.
- Improved formatting of log datas in various formats.
- Better searching capability and narrow down searching capability to controlled users.
- Storing, archiving, filtering the logs so that we can focus on our business needs.
- Simplified access to lengthy log files and can view history of data.
- Simplified collaboration around log files.
- It is a monitoring and observability service built for DevOps engineers, developers, site reliability engineers (SREs), and IT managers.
- It provides you with data and actionable insights to monitor your applications, respond to system-wide performance changes, and optimize resource utilization.
- It can be used to detect anomalous behavior in your environments, set alarms, and visualize logs and metrics side by side.
Do you think Amazon CloudWatch delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Amazon CloudWatch's feature set?
Did Amazon CloudWatch live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Amazon CloudWatch go as expected?
Would you buy Amazon CloudWatch again?
CloudWatch allows to ingest, store, filter, search and archive the logs reducing operational burden Allows to focus on application and business rather than logging Specific scenarios where it is less appropriate: When different users have different permission to view a specific set of logs, it does not allow that Product managers or Business people cannot easily make charts to view the stats from each customer for their purpose. Easy integration with the product team is not viable.