October 24, 2016
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Anaplan
Anaplan is used for our entire financial forecast process including bookings, revenue, expenses, balance sheet and cash flow. All budget managers are responsible for the input associated with their budget, so we have fairly wide use, but it is limited to only a few touch points a quarter. The main problem it solves is the centralization of the planning process.
- Aggregating significant amount of complex and disparate data.
- Almost as flexible as an Excel spreadsheet... almost.
- Availability - rarely down.
- User management can be painful.
- User experience has only marginally improved while I think Anaplan has spent a lot of time patting themselves on the back.
- The rollback situation is a joke. A simple mistake in a formula will result in 5-12 minute lock ups. This is reaching a breaking point for us.
I would like this to proliferate beyond finance, but need it to be easier for a new user to get up to speed. There is a model building deficit here that keeps that from happening. Number of ways you can fix - first, fix the roll back problem. two, have a formula builder and three, improve training (very good for getting from 0-10 mph, but not beyond that).