Using Applied Epic
June 08, 2018
Using Applied Epic
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Applied Epic
Applied Epic is utilized most heavily by our Property & Casualty department as well as our Accounting department. The system is also used by our Employee Benefits team to remit invoices to clients and collect fees. It is our central agency management system and has allowed us to consolidate our storage of documentation as well as streamline workflows across the organization.
- Account Management - I like the way the system organizes the data for each account. It is easy to search and find any client we are looking for and then once within that record, it is easy to navigate to the necessary policy or screen.
- Task Management - once everyone was trained and on the same page, the ability to move tasks within the system from one person to the next really helps with the "passing the baton" from one team member to another. The task will come right up on the initial screen so the user knows they have something new to do.
- Reporting - the system drives the majority of the reporting we do as an agency and it is great when working within the system.
- Employee Benefits Agency Management - we found that Epic could not be used to support our EB business and as such now have a bridge between the two systems. It would be fantastic if that was all integrated into one.
- Contract Management - its hard to management/update account specific contacts especially for large companies that have changed and many points of contact
- Consolidated from multiple systems to one for P&C - reduced spend on maintenance of those systems and centralized our support making life easier for IT.
- Positive impact on the time spent actually putting information into the system. Previously TAM was used and that system was hard to navigate and use.
Applied Epic was more robust than some of the other systems we looked at. It had the ability to be configured to work with very large fortune 1000 companies all the way down to personal lines business which was advantageous for us.
Agency management for larger P&C driven agencies that are looking for standardization across their business. The system really allows you to track and see when activities are being created and completed, where an account is in the marketing process (or renewal process). It also is a great data warehouse when looking to consolidate.