Overall Satisfaction with Ariba Procurement
Ariba was referred to us by a client as they liked our services as an aggregator. It was then that I got to experience Ariba. It is a really good software for procurement, it eases the work of the purchase department in any firm across many fields. As a sales rep you can easily see what items need to be quoted to the client, and as a purchase guy you can monitor unquoted inquiries by vendor and notify them to do the same within specified time frame. This is a good console for vendor and quote management for the procurement team, it simplifies the work and facilitates ease of work flow monitoring and awarding the work to best quotation as per the procurement managers needs, it has good analytics and insights as well for a procurement department.
- Eases work of monitoring quotes pendency.
- Facilitates ease of comparison between different vendor quotes.
- Ease of invoicing and Purchase Order creation.
- Good platform to keep track of all work flow stages of procurement, as in which order is in which stage and compare delivery pendency.
- Difficulty for unskilled employ to use, when I first used it , I needed to be guided.
- Complexity in structure for use.
- Secrecy of data I feel is a point, for example I as a sales person can monitor all pending orders from my clients or open for quote items, even if they are unrelated to my firm. I suppose there must be some option to correct that from the client end in order to prevent loss of privacy, thereby I think it's a bit complex to use.
- It has provided good efficiency to procurement practices.
- It has increased overall efficiency for vendor development, quotations pendency monitoring and improved analytics for several vendors.
- Reduces PO and invoicing costs.
Ariba in a general sense is better at everything if you are a properly trained professional but when it comes to self-learning and use of application by one, the ease of use lies with Tradeshift for me, it has very easily comprehensible user interface and easy to learn and adapt, but again it lacks the features stacked in Ariba. So for a large company looking to reduce costs and increase efficiency, a proper training in Ariba would do wonders.
There were quite a number of times where I had login issues with the site for no reason at all, there are sometimes bugs on the home screen that you have to refresh the web page to get rid of, Ariba support needs to up their game, for this is a software being employed in big leagues and has to be developed to stay worthy of it.
Do you think SAP Ariba Procurement delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SAP Ariba Procurement's feature set?
Did SAP Ariba Procurement live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SAP Ariba Procurement go as expected?
Would you buy SAP Ariba Procurement again?
Ariba is well suited when procurement is a day-to-day activity for large manufacturing and mining firms. Most of our clients that use this are from the same sector, we have clients like Vedanta, Hindustan Zinc and Zawar Mines, who have us as an aggregator and vendor, we provide services of aggregator for their existing vendors and provide in-house materials as well. In the case of a large conglomerate this product works sufficiently well, also it eases the work flows of both vendor and the client throughout the quoting - negotiation - ordering - invoicing - delivery process.