Overall Satisfaction with Autodesk Inventor
We use Autodesk Inventor to draw standard and sheet metal parts. We draw up the profiles of the individual parts and assemble them in assemblies to make sure it looks like what we want. Also when assembling the parts you can check for conflicts that intersect and would be an issue when bolting or welding the pieces together after they are cut. After everything is approved by the costumer we will export the sheet metal parts as flat patterns and send them to our CNC plasma or laser cutter to be processed. All the guys in the shop and office know how to use it to address questions during assembly, which makes it nice. It is very easy to use.
- It is easy to make custom sheet metal templates to save and use on future projects. Once assembled, it will tell the weight of the assembly and the surface area. It will also give you the center of gravity on a part or assembly, if you need to lift the assembly with a crane or lift to allow for proper jigging placements.
- Autodesk has some great 3rd-party apps in the application store to allow for flat pattern exports of assemblies and eliminate expensive 3rd-party software.
- It is a hog on memory card and operating system.
- There's not too much I can complain about. I really like working with it, mainly because that's all I am familiar with.
- Careless users forget to look at assemblies and make sure everything fits together as it should.
Autodesk does not have the best support, but I always contact the person I buy the license from. They have the greatest support ever, and always help through problems.
Do you think Autodesk Inventor delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Autodesk Inventor's feature set?
Did Autodesk Inventor live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Autodesk Inventor go as expected?
Would you buy Autodesk Inventor again?
I like the fact when you hover over commands on the toolbar, Autodesk Inventor will show videos on how to go about doing the command. Assembling complicated parts can take some time to figure out the right constraints. A few more options would be nice. The hardest part to customize is the view tab. I don't change a lot but it is easy to forget what I change.