Overall Satisfaction with AutoTag Template Designer
One of the most important parts of our printing deliverables are audit reports. These reports go to both internal and external clients and are used in everything from order verification to marketing materials. Before AutoTag creating the reports involved a lot of manual data collection and editing. This was a time intensive, error prone, and frustrating process. WindWard's AutoTag report creation made it easy to recreate the reports into templates. Whenever we got stuck there was a Wiki based user guide and top notch tech support. The reports now take a fraction of the time to create and are finally consistent in layout and content. With the success of the report generation in our department we have been tasked to review and identify more reports that could benefit. THANK YOU WINDWARD.
- AutoTag can easily be connected to virtually any data source. The wizard walks you through all the needed steps. This is very helpful in getting reports from multiple sources or departments.
- WindWard has put together a Wiki based user guide and has the best tech support I have ever worked with. For the rare occasions that we get stuck trying to convert a report the help is plentiful.
- AutoTag is built within the Office suite and is therefore able to leverage all the familiar features. This is very useful when you need to make reports useful and appealing.
- It is hard to pick out the tags if they are mixed in with a block of text.
- Using report variables in select statements causes the selection list of available fields to not show anything.
- The color themes do not match the office selection and it feels very disconnected.
AutoTag has a feature called POD. With PODs you are able to save sections of reports to reuse elsewhere. If your reports have several pieces that are common between several reports, or reused many times in the same report, making a POD is perfect. Once made the POD can be dragged and dropped into any report for instant use. PODs are not limited to just tags, we have several just for document styles and database connections. This makes adding a new datasource very simple.