Overall Satisfaction with AutoTag Template Designer
Autotag Template Designer is being used across the entire company and by several departments that specialize in reporting. It's being used as a tool to create templates that run in conjunction with the software out company has created. It allows our company to [access] extra data being stored in our software and generate it into specific documents that our clients need.
- The set up of the product is fairly easy as long as you have the right version and license key. It's also fairly easy to transfer licenses between users.
- Once you have the main queries down, the tagging of the template is fairly easy and you can reuse templates instead of starting from scratch each time.
- If you are having issues with a template or a tag type- the help documentation provided is helpful to provide examples. The webinars are also a good stepping stone to get knowledge quickly.
- Sometimes the formatting within the Microsoft Word documents can be tricky. That's where most of the time comes from is making sure the tags don't mess up the formatting of the actual template itself.
- Error messages can be vague. For example if something is wrong with the query or a tag, it can be difficult to find the issue within the query or identify the offending tag easily. This means the whole template won't work because of one minor issue.
If the end users are going to be proficient in SQL, then they are already light years ahead. Most of the time learning the product comes from figuring out the queries. After that, tags are fairly easy! It's great for clients that don't know SQL too that will just need the initial template built and will update the wording or static text.