Overall Satisfaction with Avid Pro Tools
We create tutorial videos that often need vocal overdubs. I have used Pro Tools for my audio projects even before it became useful to our company, and I find it is easier and faster to use it for audio than to work inside IMovie. It is easy to show others how to use it, and has all the functionality lacking in many of the video programs available.
- It is an easy to use program that makes overdubs faster.
- The quality of the recording turns out better using this program than when I try to do the same thing in my video program.
- I have templates set up so that setup for each session is fast and easy.
- It does not like to cooperate with third-party interfaces.
- Plug-ins can get quite expensive.
- They are proprietary about their product, so it does not lend itself well to open-source features that you can use with other programs.
- I actually finish projects, because once I set up templates it's basically plug-and-play.
- My customers enjoy my videos more now that the audio is better.
- I might spend too much money on plug-ins, haha.
I used this at another company, and I found it difficult to use in comparison to Pro Tools. Granted, I wasn't using it for audio-only the way I do Pro Tools. The learning curve was too high for my basic needs. The visual element was confusing, and I had a hard time understanding how it worked, whereas ProTools feels intuitive. I strongly prefer Pro Tools.
They take too long to get back to you, but they try to answer your questions and fix your issues.
Do you think Avid Pro Tools delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Avid Pro Tools's feature set?
Did Avid Pro Tools live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Avid Pro Tools go as expected?
Would you buy Avid Pro Tools again?
It is great for stand-alone audio, but requires some workarounds when syncing it to video. The functionality for video work is limited compared to other audio programs. That said, recording audio is a breeze. The sound quality is great. There is a never-ending list of new plug-ins to vary your sound and keep you inspired.