Overall Satisfaction with Oracle CX Sales (formerly Oracle Engagement Cloud and Oracle Sales Cloud)
We use BigMachines in the quoting of all sales and renewal pricing for our company, as well as to generate our contracts and order documents that we send to customers. It is used primarily by the sales team, with use by the renewals team as well. Our finance and legal departments have it as a guideline to ensure that pricing is quoted correctly and that contracts are uniform across all deals that we close. It solves the problem of standardizing our pricing and contract process. Makes quoting customers fairly quick and easy.
- BigMachines is great for quickly putting together quotes and contracts for customers, making the process less time consuming than it would be otherwise.
- The system integrates with Salesforce, allowing for integrated asset management.
- Can automatically apply discounts.
- Sometimes when BigMachines is required to prorate pricing, it does not seem to do it correctly and there can be a number of glitches.
- BigMachines and Intacct round to different decimal points. Our company integrated BigMachines, Salesforce, and Intacct, and this causes slight variations when we invoice off an opportunity that has a BigMachines quote, as the three systems will have slightly different numbers.
- The system seems overall very buggy. Our organization has faced different issues that have stemmed from BigMachines not doing certain things correctly, such as populating contract end dates on new assets.
- Faster quoting process for customers. After we were able to get our renewal contracts into BigMachines, the time it takes to quote customers decreased dramatically.
- Data integrity issues have stemmed from BigMachines updating assets in Salesforce incorrectly, which has led to time consuming cleanup projects for our employees.
- Uniform price quoting and contracts across the company.
I do not have sufficient experience with similar products.
I have used BigMachines for over three years and at two different companies. It is not a product that I particularly like from a renewals perspective, but it seems to work much better for our sales staff and they seem to have a more positive appreciation for it. I think it is great that it integrates contract documents with the pricing, which not only makes things quick, but keeps contracts uniform. Most people at our company do not find it to be particularly intuitive to learn, and I would be interested in looking for something that was more user friendly and had less bugs.
Using Oracle CX Sales (formerly Oracle Engagement Cloud and Oracle Sales Cloud)
Ultimately, whether we renew BigMachines is not up to me. I would be against it because of the abundance of glitches and bugs the system has, as well as issues that have occurred with data integrity as a result of this. However, the time it saves with sending quotes and contracts to clients is very valuable. I would like to know if there is a better system out there, but I would worry about being faced with another inefficient product.