Overall Satisfaction with CA Unified Infrastructure Management
I heavily leverage CA Unified Infrastructure Management (UIM) for performance monitoring and statistics.
- Web interface has both great form and function. I've noticed the capabilities of what you can do via the web interface is getting closer and closer to that of IM's thick client.
- Deployment of probes and configuration packages is literally drag and drop. Quite easy to use and scale.
- I'd like to see improvements in inventory management. Currently node management isn't as efficient as I'd like.
- I also see a big opportunity to offer greater customization in the Detail Tab. I'd like the ability to pick and chose which metrics are displayed by default in the Detail Tab snapshot.
- Its helped a lot with quick fault isolation. We've been able to reduce the overall amount of time spent on determining where the issue is which leads to quicker resolutions.
I've been really happy with the amount of performance data and reporting options that I've been able to get out of UIM. Performance hardware statistics take no more than a few mouse clicks. Also, as mentioned in the pros section, deployment and configuration is very intuitive and easy.