Best bang for your buckhttps://www.trustradius.com/endpoint-backupCarbonite EndpointUnspecified8.1551012019-10-04T21:22:26.276Z
October 04, 2019
Best bang for your buck
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Carbonite Endpoint
We implemented this backup solution and had 1.5TB of data to be backed up and we are now on week 6 of still sending data to the cloud. Hopefully, it will be completed within the next two weeks so if you have a large amount of data on a normal GB network expect two months to get all your data upload unless you spend the additional money to procure their appliance that you have to install on your network. This will definitely speed up your upload process but is an additional cost and device you have to manage. Once our backup of the data completes to the cloud incremental backups will be sent up which will not be as time-consuming.
- Installation was pretty straight forward Carbonite Tech was a big help in rolling out the install.
- Secure and encrypted backups sent to the cloud.
- Tech support is very good and they are willing to assist with your issues you may have big or small.
- To be honest not so impressed with the amount of time it has taken to get data backed up to the cloud.
- I have not had to do a restore at this time so I cannot comment on the restore process.
- I was not aware at time of procurement that the upload process would take so long since we were not procuring their hardware. Sales rep mad it seem like upload would only take a day or two and we are now starting week 7 hoping to be done by week 8 for 1.5 TBs of data.
- We have only started this process at this time and have not fully completed our transfer of data up to the cloud.
- As far as business objectives, we now have at least implemented a backup solution on a very vital server at an off-site facility that had not ever been backed up in two years and holds data for a major constitutional office in the county.
To be honest, Unitrends is the best solution that we found, tested and procured and are very happy with it. But if you don't have 40K to spend on a backup solution then Carbonite is the way to go especially if you spring the additional $1200 and procure their appliance that you install on your LAN or WAN and then depending on the amount of data that you have to backup the base their rates on that. So for a low budget solution for peace of mind that your data is at least getting backed Carbonite is the way to go!
Tech was very knowledgeable about the product and the installation process. He was able to assist with the installation and we had it all completed in less than 45 minutes time. Just a phone call away for support! I would not hesitate in using them for your install and set-up as they will make sure all your I's are dotted and T's are crossed!
Do you think Carbonite Endpoint delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Carbonite Endpoint's feature set?
Did Carbonite Endpoint live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Carbonite Endpoint go as expected?
Would you buy Carbonite Endpoint again?
If you do not have someone in IT on-site to maintain your daily backups this is a good solution to give you peace of mind that your data is protected. Once your data is uploaded incremental backups are sent up on a daily schedule to the cloud. If you are a large organization with an IT staff this would be an okay secondary solution in addition to using something like Unitrends or Nimble Storage for onsite daily backups.