Cascade Server Rocks!
Updated March 19, 2015
Cascade Server Rocks!
HCC Medical Insurance ServicesInsurance, 51-200 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cascade Server
Currently HCCMIS uses Cascade Server to manage multiple websites including 2 WordPress sites and a number of custom coded sites. The goal is to expand the use across other companies held by the parent company. Cascade Server has solved site consistency problems as well as providing us excellent compliance records.
- By removing the core coding skills from the average user including non-technical individuals, Cascade Server allows all users to produce consistent content regardless of the content author.
- By providing excellent workflows content publishing is easily monitored and controlled, including scheduled after-hours publishes.
- By allowing multiple publish destinations you can easily test things out and publish to development servers before making anything live on the public site
- We safe a ton of time monitoring stale content and broken links now that Cascade Server handles these for us automatically.
- Would love to see better integration with Spectate. We have need to manage our social media and the lack on connectivity via API prevents us from accomplishing this.
- Would love to see the ability to parse code within the default content block. Think WordPress shortcodes.
- The new button layout at the bottom (sticky buttons) are messed up. They are difficult to click as they start popping in to show the draft buttons. Instead of inserting them to the right and shifting the others to the left. Just put the new buttons in on the left to prevent this jumping around
- Our marketing team has increased the amount and quality of content by making the content creation simpler and uniform coupled with better review and editorial processes.
- ROI has been clearly demonstrated by the reduction in time to complete a full site redesign. We managed to cut our time well in half and produced a far superior website.
- We utilize a third party vendor as well for some of our content. Cascade has allowed us to cut the time to print drastically by allowing the vendor to have content creation rights directly inside of Cascade and having an approval process that we control.
The most striking advantage of Cascade Server is the push vs pull technology. Being able to reduce the constant hits to the server and database for every page delivery makes better use of physical resources and allows us to server our pages quicker.
Using Cascade Server
- Fully manage social media content creation, compliance approval, and schedule publishes
Cascade Server Implementation
The key to any CMS implementation is PLAN, PLAN, PLAN. Proper planning with Cascade can increase your satisfaction exponentially once the site migration/creation is complete. When all is said and done, your implementation can make your site run like a Yugo or Maserati. Be smart and deliberate in your decisions. Drive the Maserati. It is already paid for.