Cisco Aironet 1560 Series Access Points review

Modules Used

• Cisco Aironet 1560 Series Access Points

Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Aironet 1560 Series Access Points

Cisco Aironet 1560 Series
I installed the external series of the Cisco Aironet 1560 in a factory, as they needed wifi coverage to be able to use the barcode readers through the wifi network for the management of stock control of the merchandise. I was very surprised by the quality of the outdoor box, they are still working without any problems today after a year.
  • A large amount of product documentation for installation and even administration is a big plus
  • The coverage radius is very good
  • The power consumption is very low with full power and the external AP is only 25 watts.
  • 11ax support

Do you think Cisco Aironet 1500 Series Access Points (discontinued) delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with Cisco Aironet 1500 Series Access Points (discontinued)'s feature set?

Did Cisco Aironet 1500 Series Access Points (discontinued) live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Cisco Aironet 1500 Series Access Points (discontinued) go as expected?

Would you buy Cisco Aironet 1500 Series Access Points (discontinued) again?

• The APs appear to me to be of high quality from sight to function.
  • The implementation of the AP is simple and fast.
  • Connectivity with old and new equipment is very good on this AP line.
The performance of the equipment is very good as I mentioned before we had problems with the coverage areas but when we use the tools contained in the WLC to customize the APs and give the best possible performance for what the customer needs. This makes it very easy to manage and configure the equipment.
The software of the Cisco Aironet 1560 is highly scalable, the software is very powerful so that the APs can be customized to the maximum and achieve the best performance of the network at the wifi level. The use of it is very easy for people with low knowledge.
Once the product was delivered to the customer, it took us about 10 days to install and wire 20 APs outside a factory and 5 days to finish the optimization of the APs. In my opinion, it was quite fast in terms of time as compared to other vendors' wifi implementations it took us more days to do something like this.
As I mentioned before, thanks to the good tools and the performance of the APs we were able to regulate the coverage zones, and thanks to clean air we were able to manage the devices effectively in the change of coverage zones.
At the beginning of the implementation, we had a lot of problems with the barcode readers because of the change of AP coverage areas. Thanks to the software that has the controllers and cleanaire features and the power management and channel change, we were able to control and improve the problem we had when the operations moved and changed coverage zones.