Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI)
In our organization, we are using Cisco ACI as our main data center switching platform. All in all, Cisco ACI has done exactly what we expected it to do. There was a little learning curve at the beginning of the transitioning process but once we started figuring everything out it was rather easy for us. Once deployed, we really haven't had to touch it. It's doing exactly what it should be doing day in and day out.
- Integration with VMWare is extremely simple.
- Creating and crafting policies to meet specific criteria is very straight forward.
- Alerts, notifications, and information about the system make troubleshooting issues simpler.
- Having the ability to create more specific security rules or access rules would be nice.
- Better documentation on the concept of "contracts".
- We typically don't have to touch ACI. It does what we need it to do without having to "baby" it.
- It's constantly running so the amount of downtime we have (if any) is very minimal.
- It was pricey in the beginning but with is reliability it was well worth it.
The main reason we decided to go with Cisco ACI over VMware NSX was that with ACI we could still connect physical networks, therefore, utilizing ACI as our complete data center switching platform. NSX was really only a solution for virtualized networks.
Since we already have a lot of policies crafted in Cisco ACI, any new devices we decided to plug into ACI are seamless and save a ton of time. Cisco ACI has been exactly what we needed to help us save time. We are able to use it as our data center switching for both physical and virtual networks so we don't have to have two separate products doing that.
We have not yet got our feet wet with the automation that Cisco ACI provides. We would like to someday and it is on our radar. We know once we start the automation process, our lives will be that much simpler and our time will be freed up to work on other items that need our attention.
Do you think Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI)'s feature set?
Did Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI) go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI) again?
Depending on the infrastructure a company currently had in place has a huge impact on this question. We found Cisco ACI to be the best option for us based on what we currently had in place. We were already using VMWare which integrated nicely with Cisco ACI and all of the networking was already Cisco so this transition was extremely nice.