Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Routers
- Cisco ISR 4000 Series
We use Cisco 4000 series routers as the ingress and egress point to all of our office locations. They are configured with MPLS WAN connections and BGP routing. Most of these routers are also used as voice gateways for our Cisco Unified Communications platform. We utilize Cisco CUBE along with QoS settings to control and prioritize voice traffic.
- Routing between different networks. Cisco routers are a great way to segment your network and provide a basic level of traffic control and security.
- Voice Gateways. Cisco routers along with the correct licensing and interface cards are the best platform for incoming and outgoing call flows.
- Traffic and control and prioritization (QoS). QoS on Cisco 4000 series ISR routers can be configured from a very simple setup to highly complex.
- Depending on features needed licensing can be difficult to understand and costly.
- The plastic front bezel can be easily broken.
- Cisco is leading the way in enterprise networks. Cisco routers are quality products that provide the most reliable hardware in the market.
We utilize Cisco switches, access points, IP phones, and security cameras. These products are fully compatible with the Cisco 4000 series routers.
We are not using the Cisco 4000 series routers to provide threat protection. We utilize access lists for a very basic level of security.
For any network segmentation and connections to external WAN providers, Cisco routers have a wide range for interface cards to work with any type of circuit or connection type. Cisco 4000 series routers make excellent voice gateways for incoming and outgoing VoIP calls. Call flow, prioritization, and QoS settings are easily configured on Cisco 4000 series routers.