Updated December 04, 2014
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Clickability
Clickability is the CMS that we use for 15 of our local broadcast sites. Employees that have access to it are developers, designers, sales, producers, reporters, etc. Not all employees have access to the Clickability system, and most don't have full permissions. It's a great tool for creating our sites' pages, publishing stories, delivering quality news and weather reports for our users.
- Clickablity allows for easy story publishing. This is crucial with breaking news and keeping viewers up-to-date.
- It has a good back end for specific development of additional features. We work with a team of developers that create items for live video promotions, weather closing ticker bars, etc.
- The templates that you can create help with quick page layout reproductions to help with usability and site continuity.
- The initial concept of how the pages work with sections can be tricky. Once you get into the system and start creating layouts and pages, it's becomes easier. You have to have some training and a good period for learning.
- There could be more drag and drop features.
- Some menus are small and take a while to change the placement (i.e. updating navigation).
- More page views
- Easier layout replication
- The system maintains a history that is easy to revert to in case of errors or changes
- Great staging server
We have an in-house CMS that we are changing to. It handles section set up differently, but relies on a third-party for navigation. It's not as robust, but is still in development. There are some things that it handles in the same way (story creation, breaking news alerts, etc.), but will be a big change from the Clickablity platform.
It's great for having a placement list for stories on a page. Once you target the content, it's a simple drag-and-drop to reorder them. You know exactly which pages the story is on, because of where you target it. We also found we needed a more robust story template. Our developers were able to add more features to initial layout which provided a better user experience.
- Building sites
- Producing stories
- Importing weather radar images and news feeds
- Creating widgets to help with promotions
- Weather closing ticker bars
- Scheduling live stream alerts for on-air
Evaluating Clickability and Competitors
Yes - We hosted our sites on our own servers. We needed an option that had a better history to prevent page/content loss and a system that would allow for easier page replication/reproduction.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
Price and usability were key. We needed a system that wasn't too complicated, but fit the budget.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Once you learn the system, it's pretty easy. Training is involved and not ever placement list is drag-and-drop.
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Creating pages
- Creating stories
- Testing layouts, pages, functionality, usability of sites
- Updates to template layouts
- Initial concept of how the system works
- Changing the location of navigation items.