- The web interface made it easy to manage professional services projects and break them down by logical phases.
- My former company enjoyed the Microsoft Project integration. Project plans could be uploaded directly to the web interface. Team members could then log their time directly to these activities for tracking.
- The site could become slow with high volumes of traffic. This may have been due to the way that our infrastructure was setup.
- Analytic reporting was not available in the version that we used. We created external reports to slice and dice the data and view it as the business demanded.
- Centralized online portal to manage customer engagements, time entry, and billing.
- Changepoint has the ability to integrate with Microsoft Project (time-savings for us) and also with back-end ERP systems such as Siebel or SAP.
Changepoint, tightly integrated with Microsoft Project, provides a quality professional services automation solution.
Changepoint was a nice solution to manage our SMB. Microsoft uses this technology today to manage their professional services teams - so this is to say that it can also handle large enterprises.