My go to CMS for years
March 12, 2021
My go to CMS for years
PranzareDesign, 1-10 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Concrete5
We use this on a variety of website projects, both internally originated and for clients. It's easy to launch a new site through our hosting platform and keep it up to date, and the compact marketplace for add-ons and themes weeds out so much of the noise you would find on bigger marketplaces.
- Great UI for users to create content
- No need to deal with the maintenance structure, but when you do it is well designed
- Doesn't most everything you need from the base install
- The user forum needs a shake up. Can be hard to get activity on a thread
- Some more complex features aren't being developed by the community and need to be
- Needs more support to overcome the preference for the 800 pound gorilla in the sector
- Low/no cost to implement
- Affordable add ons and not too many needed
- Most features baked in, no need to navigate a wild marketplace for products of uncertain quality, running up big expenses on add-ons
- Run under the radar of the WP ecosystem of consultants and leeches
Easier to set up and manage. Easier to edit content. Not as feature-rich so it might not work for very special projects. Harder to get client buy-in when they only know Word Press. Great for quick projects, and for the right client more complex engagements. Free of complex corporate entanglements.
Do you think Concrete CMS delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Concrete CMS's feature set?
Did Concrete CMS live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Concrete CMS go as expected?
Would you buy Concrete CMS again?
The right choice for more projects than it wins. Get a site up and running quickly and focus on the content, not the inner workings. Good for early-stage companies to use and grow with, when you don't need to mess with your website at the expense of your business. An economical choice without the fear of your information becoming part of the business success of the developer. (no ties into the Internet economy of big data).
Concrete CMS Feature Ratings
Code quality / cleanliness
Library of website themes
Mobile optimization / responsive design
Availability / breadth of extensions
Community / comment management
Internationalization / multi-language
Role-based user permissions