Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers, and a content management system, known for its simplicity and modifiability. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/3s/tM/BG448UBIK1SQ.PNGWordPress is Built to ImpressWhen we take on new clients, many times they need a website overhaul. Wordpress is our go to solution for this. I've been developing in Wordpress for a number of years that it's actually more cost effective for our agency to custom build a theme than find an off-the-shelf theme. This way we can address all the custom feature requests for the client. When the website is complete, Worpdress is very user-friendly. It is easy for us to train not only our internal staff on updates, maintenance, new content and upkeep, but also to train the client how to use their brand new website. Since most of our clients have a Wordpress website, it is very simple for our internal staff to work on multiple client websites. An issue or problem solved on one website, means the same issue is so much quicker to resolve on the remaining client sites. Our internal staff can make changes, updates to forms, add new content, add new calls to action, build new landing pages -- all without hours of training. It's a great resource we can add to our client and account management. This really helps keep our client costs down!,Worpdress is very SEO-friendly. The built in permalink structure, the organization and structure of post types and pages plus the addition of the 'rhymes with toast' SEO plugin gives you a great SEO foundation. Wordpress is a constantly evolving piece of code. Wordpress does a great job of maintaining the core product. As new features are available, as new security issues become known, the WP team keeps you up to date with the latest and greatest version. The Wordpress community is strong! As a developer, this is just fantastic. If I am having trouble implementing a highly custom piece for a client, chances are someone else has already done it! And if not, I can just ask the community, review the Codex or simply Google it. I've never had to say "No, can't do that" when working in Worpdress.,Because Wordpress is so popular, it is under constant attack from bots and hackers. New security issues are found and exploited. Our client's websites are at risk of hack or attack. Wordpress is a resource hog. Worpdress sites tend to load slowly, especially if you buy one of those all-in-one themes. You really need to leverage caching and minification to ensure your Wordpress site loads quickly. There are simply too many plugins. Wordpress needs to purge all the abandoned and non-functioning plugins in the repository. I'm always fearful of a client downloading and installing a plugin that crashes the site.,9,Since Wordpress is free and open source, the ROI is always strong. We get to build a custom website for each and every one of our clients. The client is thrilled and so are we. Our clients tend to want similar pieces and moving parts on the website. I often re-use pieces from site to site which really speeds up the development process. Sometimes clients already want to use Wordpress for their next web project. And since we are very familiar with it, it makes for a smoother sale and on-boarding process.,Joomla!, Wix and Drupal,Act-On Software, Terminus, Teamwork Projects,Developer,10-100 pagesA great content management solution/website builder for most businessesOur main website is hosted on WordPress, and I've been at several other employers who also used WordPress as their primary CRM. It is used across the company, from customer support, to product development, to sales and to marketing. Marketing owns the WordPress instance and is responsible for maintaining it, ensuring it is kept up to date, etc.,It is constantly being improved, with new features added, because of the community code-sourcing aspect. Security vulnerabilities are continually being patched to keep it secure. It has the best plugin repository, by far. So, anytime you have a needed new feature for your website, there is usually a plugin that already exists to allow you to do what you're wanting.,Because it is the most-used CMS, there are a lot of hackers targeting it. As such, you need to make sure you're always updating the software and patching plugins to the latest version. Not hard to do, but something you need to be vigilant about. Plugins are hit and miss. If it is a new plugin without many existing users and reviews, it is truly hard to know if the software package is any good. Sometimes there are too many options. For example, there are a dozen or so plugins for any given functionality and so you have to sift through to find the right thing.,9,WordPress has allowed my company to quickly get into content marketing (blog posts, ebooks, case studies, etc.) without any support from the developers, as marketing owns the delivery mechanism (WordPress)! One negative aspect of our WordPress usage is that, because it is so easy-to-use and we've made it apparent we don't need developer help to support it, when we actually do need developers for a non-WordPress related project, we can't get the help! WordPress-hosted forms/landing pages bring in the majority of our leads, which end up in sales demos and eventually new revenue.,Joomla!, Drupal, Wix, Weebly and Squarespace,Marketo, Shopify, Asana,Content Author / Administrator,100-1,000 pagesThe best Content Management System!I always wanted to have my own website and I used to think that I have to contact someone who can create a website for me but after some time, I started learning on my own about how to create a website. WordPress helped a lot when I created my first website that was a free website and I learned a lot about it. After learning many things I decided to guide others about it that's when I started freelancing. Now I can offer many services to people when it comes to WordPress.,WordPress is an open source software. Open source software provides awesome features which make it easy to use, modify and build upon. You can make your website the way you want it to be There are many Content Management Systems (CMS) available but WordPress is a popular one. It is a free and open source, the large number of developers making it popular. The thing which I like about WordPress is its simplicity and usability you don't have to be an expert to use WordPress everything is already set up you just have to install the plugin and there you go,One of the major advantages of WordPress is it is an open source software but sometimes it becomes its disadvantage since it is an open source it is always at the target of hackers especially if the codes have been written by someone else. When you install lots of plugins the website becomes laggy or stutters it takes time to complete the process.,10,There is no negative impact on my business. I would say it has helped me learn many things. Now I can create websites on my own and I can help others when it comes to creating a website.,,Google Drive, Adobe Acrobat DC,Content Author / Administrator,1-10 pagesWordPress ReviewNot used for business, mainly personal use. Chose for the following reasons: Free/open source, easy to use, and lots of resources for support.,Extremely flexible; can suit most website needs from blogs to small business. Design, content, and functionality separated from each other. This allows for data portability (you can add content regardless of the design you are using, modify the design without changing your content, and add new features without affecting the other areas). Countless themes to choose from/ability to create from scratch.,Still responsible for securing the site. Does not come with a built-in drag and drop website builder. Some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is not required but makes things a lot easier; users without it may have a longer learning curve.,8,It's hard to judge the ROI as I use this mainly for personal use, but it has helped me build a fully functional website with ease.,,Content Author / Administrator,1-10 pagesWordPress - The world's most popular content management systemOur firm uses WordPress for all new websites that it builds for clients. It provides a stable, well-known and accepted foundation for all websites that our clients employ. It is so well-accepted as an industry standard for website construction that clients never question the choice and in fact most of the time they expect us to use it.,It is stable and reliable. It is so widely-accepted that there are many, many many resources available for working with it, many of them at little or no cost. It saves us countless hours of development that we otherwise would have to do ourselves.,WordPress has become caught up in the trend toward "drag n drop" page builders with the advent of the new "Gutenberg" block-based editor, despite the fact that many in the WordPress community don't want it and resent the manner in which it has been forced upon them.,10,With WordPress we save money by not having to build our own CMS (content management system) for work done for clients. With WordPress we save money because there are thousands of addons that provide excellent features and functions that are free or very low-cost. With WordPress we save money because there are thousands of expert-level developers with WordPress skills available around the world with whom we can contract for development work.,Wix and Squarespace,Google Analytics, Ahrefs Site Explorer, SEMRush, Majestic SEO, Screaming Frog SEO Spider, Google Drive, Accounting by Wave,Developer,10-100 pages
WordPress

Top Rated Award
Filter 1904 vetted WordPress reviews and ratings

Dave Moll profile photo
December 13, 2018

User Review: "WordPress is Built to Impress"

• Worpdress is very SEO-friendly. The built in permalink structure, the organization and structure of post types and pages plus the addition of the 'rhymes with toast' SEO plugin gives you a great SEO foundation.
  • Wordpress is a constantly evolving piece of code. Wordpress does a great job of maintaining the core product. As new features are available, as new security issues become known, the WP team keeps you up to date with the latest and greatest version.
  • The Wordpress community is strong! As a developer, this is just fantastic. If I am having trouble implementing a highly custom piece for a client, chances are someone else has already done it! And if not, I can just ask the community, review the Codex or simply Google it. I've never had to say "No, can't do that" when working in Worpdress.
  • Because Wordpress is so popular, it is under constant attack from bots and hackers. New security issues are found and exploited. Our client's websites are at risk of hack or attack.
  • Wordpress is a resource hog. Worpdress sites tend to load slowly, especially if you buy one of those all-in-one themes. You really need to leverage caching and minification to ensure your Wordpress site loads quickly.
  • There are simply too many plugins. Wordpress needs to purge all the abandoned and non-functioning plugins in the repository. I'm always fearful of a client downloading and installing a plugin that crashes the site.
If you need a website, WordPress should be on your list. The only exception to that would be a large ecommerce site. I wouldn't recommend WordPress to someone who does hundreds of sales per day via their ecommerce platform. Yes, there are add-ons and plugins that can do it, but you can also mop your floor with your cat. Why do that? There are other platforms that specialize in ecommerce and do it so much better.

But if you need a social blog, B2B or B2C lead gen, a non-profit, a membership site, a community bulletin board, news site, arts and music or just a simple about me type of website, WordPress is the perfect platform for you. It's so very popular, that it's not going anywhere. It is a platform that will be supported as long there are websites on the internet! You really can't go wrong. Even if you wanted to do an ecommerce site on WordPress, you can. I just would urge you to look at another solution.
Read Dave Moll's full review
Ben Beck profile photo
December 09, 2018

WordPress Review: "A great content management solution/website builder for most businesses"

• It is constantly being improved, with new features added, because of the community code-sourcing aspect.
  • Security vulnerabilities are continually being patched to keep it secure.
  • It has the best plugin repository, by far. So, anytime you have a needed new feature for your website, there is usually a plugin that already exists to allow you to do what you're wanting.
  • Because it is the most-used CMS, there are a lot of hackers targeting it. As such, you need to make sure you're always updating the software and patching plugins to the latest version. Not hard to do, but something you need to be vigilant about.
  • Plugins are hit and miss. If it is a new plugin without many existing users and reviews, it is truly hard to know if the software package is any good.
  • Sometimes there are too many options. For example, there are a dozen or so plugins for any given functionality and so you have to sift through to find the right thing.
I believe WordPress is well suited for all websites, except those of major corporations. In my estimation, if you have fewer than 500 employees your website should be on WordPress. The other exception to this rule is if you are a one- or two-man shop and have no technical aptitude. In that case you may want to use a competing CMS software package that is easier to learn.
Read Ben Beck's full review
Danish Mirza Baig profile photo
November 23, 2018

WordPress Review: "The best Content Management System!"

• WordPress is an open source software. Open source software provides awesome features which make it easy to use, modify and build upon. You can make your website the way you want it to be
  • There are many Content Management Systems (CMS) available but WordPress is a popular one. It is a free and open source, the large number of developers making it popular.
  • The thing which I like about WordPress is its simplicity and usability you don't have to be an expert to use WordPress everything is already set up you just have to install the plugin and there you go
  • One of the major advantages of WordPress is it is an open source software but sometimes it becomes its disadvantage since it is an open source it is always at the target of hackers especially if the codes have been written by someone else.
  • When you install lots of plugins the website becomes laggy or stutters it takes time to complete the process.
Well, there is nothing where WordPress gets well suited or not. For me, it is a great platform for anyone who wants a website and it's an opportunity where people can learn a lot about websites. I think WordPress is the best CMS available on the internet. Everything which is required for a website is already available which makes it more user-friendly.
Read Danish Mirza Baig's full review
Tiffany Thielepape profile photo
January 16, 2019

"WordPress Review"

• Extremely flexible; can suit most website needs from blogs to small business.
  • Design, content, and functionality separated from each other. This allows for data portability (you can add content regardless of the design you are using, modify the design without changing your content, and add new features without affecting the other areas).
  • Countless themes to choose from/ability to create from scratch.
  • Still responsible for securing the site.
  • Does not come with a built-in drag and drop website builder.
  • Some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is not required but makes things a lot easier; users without it may have a longer learning curve.
Wordpress is a good choice if you want to:
  • Make a professional business website without spending a lot of money.
  • You can easily follow simple tutorials to learn the basics.
  • You want to make a blog, portfolio, or a personal website and use it to make money online.
You might want to look at other options if:
  • You just want to run a blog and have no plans to make money or use any third-party services.
  • You are fine with limited features as far as you never have to write code, make backups, or worry about updates.
  • You just want a small website, and you are not worried about growing your business online or using the website to make more sales.
Read Tiffany Thielepape's full review
Tim Colling profile photo
December 11, 2018

Review: "WordPress - The world's most popular content management system"

• It is stable and reliable.
  • It is so widely-accepted that there are many, many many resources available for working with it, many of them at little or no cost.
  • It saves us countless hours of development that we otherwise would have to do ourselves.
  • WordPress has become caught up in the trend toward "drag n drop" page builders with the advent of the new "Gutenberg" block-based editor, despite the fact that many in the WordPress community don't want it and resent the manner in which it has been forced upon them.
WordPress is very well suited to building websites of almost any type for small and medium sized businesses, including:
  • Service providers
  • Sellers of merchandise (i.e., "ecommerce" companies)
  • Data collection such as polling
  • Online education and training
  • Family and personal websites
Read Tim Colling's full review
Lauren Golden profile photo
December 11, 2018

Review: "WordPress is the solid choice for building your online presence"

I use WordPress.org to run my website, both through a theme installed on WordPress and by integrating with my use of ClickFunnels using the ClickFunnels plugin for WordPress. The ability to fully customize my online presence is important to me and how I present my brand online. Being a virtual business selling digital products, it's essential to have software I can trust.
  • The ease of adding plugins to customize the site and integrate it with other platforms is excellent
  • Adding new pages and posts is incredibly simple, and with Yoast it's easy to prioritize SEO
  • Changing themes is also easy to do to keep things looking fresh
  • I've had issues finding technical support, whether it's wordpress related or dealing with a particular theme
  • It would be great to have a visual builder to toggle back and forth between in wordpress without adding a plugin
I believe WordPress is the best option for websites. It is definitely not the most user-friendly, I believe there is a learning curve that less customizable sites like Wix and SquareSpace don't have, however I think it's worth it for the control you have over your online presence.
Read Lauren Golden's full review
Brandon Mand profile photo
December 11, 2018

User Review: "Beginner's Guide to WordPress"

WordPress is being used to manage the State College of Florida Foundation website. The Foundation started using WordPress about 3 years ago when a new website was developed. The website allows the Foundation to provide constant communication to potential students and donors.
  • From a user perspective, WordPress is pretty user friendly and intuitive. I had no website experience before using WordPress and was able to quickly teach myself how to use WordPress.
  • I am impressed with the amount of customization WordPress provides and the options you have to make your website unique.
  • My organization pays for WP Live support and I find them to be extremely courteous and helpful.
  • The main issue I have run into is the theme my organization chose is no longer being updated, so it has decreased the functionality of the website in general. Being new to website management, I had no idea this was a possibility, so conveying that more clearly would have been helpful for me.
  • At times, there is a significant delay between when I make changes on the back end and when those changes take effect on the front end of the site, so reducing that lag time would be great.
I think WordPress is well suited for organizations who update their website frequently. I have found it easy to make changes and they typically do not take much time to process. I also think it is a good option for someone who has limited website management experience since the interface is so user friendly.
Read Brandon Mand's full review
Floyd Finch profile photo
December 09, 2018

Review: "WordPress From a Low-Tech Small Business Perspective"

I initially started using WordPress as a hobbyist, but as my restoration business grew and my blog began to get more popular it became a way to generate revenue through affiliate advertising. It is also essential for advertising the vapor blasting & ultrasonic cleaning services that I offer to motorcycle restoration enthusiasts. The biggest reason for choosing WordPress is the ease of use & customization. Being able to purchase and use different themes for appearances without have to do any coding is a big plus. If you still can't get the exact appearance and features you want from a prefab theme there are literally thousands of resources to guide you in customizing your website. There is a huge community of users and terrific support to help you make the most of it. Most web-hosting companies also offer basic 1-click WordPress installation, making life really easy for the beginner. WordPress is easy for the beginner but can be customized to extreme levels by an advanced user.
  • Ease of installation.
  • Making regular posts is quick & trouble free.
  • Huge number of themes, apps, and plugins easily available for WordPress.
  • Finding the best options for your use can be time-consuming due to the huge number of choices.
  • Not all plugins and themes play well with each other.
WordPress is my first recommendation for any small business wishing to create a good-looking functional website that works well. If you are a hobbyist, or a professional blogger or photographer, it's the best platform to grow on. My own website (motopsyco.com) uses a lot of images and WordPress has a good image management interface. If you are a photographer or designer there are literally thousands portfolio themes to choose from to best show off your work.
Read Floyd Finch's full review
Adam Montgomery profile photo
December 08, 2018

WordPress Review: "Great for Small Business"

This is used for the main organization's website. It helps us host and update the website on our own without getting IT involved. It also hosts our blog for us. It can help us schedule posts and save drafts so we can work on something together as a team without posting first.
  • It has a lot of blog options.
  • The pricing is very fair, not too expensive..
  • Its simple and user friendly.
  • You don't have to be a computer expert to use this.
  • I wish they had more all-inclusive features like an email campaign program or a photo editing program.
  • There is no drag and drop tool.
  • I wish there was a place I could call for tech support.
Word Press is great for a small organization or business that wants to build and run their own website without too many complications. Its a simple program. Larger companies might want to use something else that can be more customized.
Read Adam Montgomery's full review
Jay Cornelius profile photo
December 07, 2018

User Review: "Wordpress Quote Request Solutions"

We use Wordpress to manage our internal and external product line. The front end in conjunction with plugins, offer our clients quote request options. The back-end offers sales staff product information not visible on the front-end.
  • User management with controlled access privileges.
  • Simple SEO management.
  • Simple content WYSIWYG management.
  • Custom field with formulas, as standard feature would be very handy.
  • Reporting similar to Access and Crystal reports would be good.
  • Backup of sites as standard vs plugin features.
Wordpress is generally WYSIWYG and user friendly and this means users with very little technical skill required. If however regular updates are required because of multiple plugins being used, the process can be beyond the basic skills limitations.
Read Jay Cornelius's full review
Brock Ross profile photo
December 07, 2018

Review: "Wordpress - The only limit is your desire to learn and grow"

Wordpress is our primary platform for our online courses (including hundreds of videos, community interactions between teachers and students, a paid membership system, and more), our main site (consisting of blog, live event scheduling, and more), our shop (selling a sizable selection of physical goods), and a handful of other offerings.
  • Versatility - If you're comfortable learning some computer code, the sky is essentially the limit on what you can do with Wordpress via the thousands of available plugins.
  • Reliability - Wordpress has proven to be more stable and reliable than other services we've used.
  • Huge community for support - because of its renown and popularity, the Wordpress community is huge, and you can consequently find ideas and support among peers very easily.
  • User-friendliness - As is usually the case, there is an inverse relationship between a software's power/robustness, and its ease of use. Making a functioning site beyond a basic template will require a learning curve, especially as more plugins are introduced to the process.
  • It's easy to make things ugly - Because Wordpress offers so much freedom of design and function, you have all the power in your hands to make an ugly, dysfunctional site--other services we use have a paradigm against this, and restrict design freedom to prevent you from making something "ugly."
  • Back-end interface feels dated and cluttered - The back end of Wordpress could use a little streamlining and updating. Controls and menus feel like they haven't had a face lift in a few years.
I would say if you're hoping to build a unique, multi-functional, powerful site--and you're beyond the level of a basic storefront or blog you could make with Wix or similar, but don't have the budget/size to justify a professionally-built custom site--Wordpress is an excellent option. You'll be limited only by your willingness to research the best plugins and learn to implement them. That being said, if you are running a smaller/simpler operation and don't need such a robust online platform, your resources may not be well-spent learning the ins and outs of Wordpress.
Read Brock Ross's full review
Andrew Murphy profile photo
December 07, 2018

User Review: "WordPress is great for nonprofit CMS"

We use WordPress as our CMS for fundraising and event sales, blog writing, and sponsor recognition. Only the marketing department uses the site, but it serves its purpose as a landing page and source of event information!
  • Open-source! Being free is important for a non-profit.
  • Modular! We can create as much custom content as possible through modules and plugins
  • Well documented! If I have a problem, I'm not usually the only one who has experienced it and can find endless resources online about how to solve it.
  • Can be easy to overload, and slow down if you aren't careful.
  • Is difficult to navigate if you don't know PHP.
  • Usually requires some paid plugins to execute your ideal site. Luckily there is lots of competition!
Well suited: E-commerce, non-profit management, full site builds

Not well suited: multi language sites, app based sites, heavy custom Javascript implementations
Read Andrew Murphy's full review
Patricia Thomas profile photo
December 05, 2018

WordPress Review: "Create web pages professionally and in a short time from any device."

In our company we use WordPress to keep all our customers up to date through our website. As the company deals with tourism then WordPress is extremely ideal for displaying packages and excursions, as well as having contact forms and subscriptions. WordPress saves us a lot of programming time and we focus on design.
  • It is an excellent content manager, you can do almost anything you want, web pages of all kinds of topics.
  • The amount of topics that can be found on the web is incredible. There are many free themes of great quality and with very accessible prices.
  • It is very easy to install and use. In addition you can expand its original functionality by installing plugins.
  • If you want an original website, you should choose the topics you want to install carefully, since you run the risk of having a website very similar to another one.
  • Customizing WordPress at your whim is a bit difficult and you must have a lot of knowledge of web programming.
  • It is risky to install plugins or cracked themes, as they can cause serious security failures.
WordPress is ideal for informative pages, I do not see a better option than that, without the need to program as many lines of code. In this sense, WordPress has the entire structure made just for you to focus on the design and personalization of the site. That is why in my company we use it to keep our website up to date.
Read Patricia Thomas's full review
Stephen Shepard profile photo
August 03, 2018

WordPress Review: "Best CMS Platform"

WordPress is used by my business to establish a web presence and publish content easily and affordably
  • Wordpress is fast
  • Wordpress is easy to use and setup
  • Wordpress is cost-effective
  • Security
Wordpress is well-suited for any small to mid-size business
Read Stephen Shepard's full review
December 17, 2018

Review: "Wordpress is great for most website demands"

It's been used to create websites that requires the users to be able to easily edit and update information on their pages. It is used by the organization as well as the organization supports other clients using the Wordpress platform. Among different open source content management systems available in the internet, Wordpress is highly user-friendly and easy to set up which helps save time in operations and maintenance of the website.
  • Easy to set up and configure
  • Easy to edit, update, delete, content on the website
  • Easy to integrate with plugins and themes
  • Wordpress just released a new version and the editing experience has changed quite a bit from the previous version. While it is already an improvement, an overview of the interface with the new installation would be helpful.
The content management part of the Wordpress is pretty robust. Based on the complexity of the themes and plugins used on the site, WordPress allows users to create a variety of websites from just a simple personal blog to a full-fledged e-commerce website. It suits most common user needs, but the themes are big part of the platform, and while there is no limit to the complexity, WordPress isn't a tool if one is looking for developing web applications.
December 18, 2018

Review: "Get Your Students Blogging Like a Professional With Wordpress"

I use WordPress in my school district to house everything regarding professional development and educational technology. Teachers access our WordPress site, designed more like an elaborate blog, to access: weekly tech tips, a booking calendar to schedule me for trainings or to work with their class, to see highlights of other teachers and what they are doing, to see what apps/programs we subscribe to or pay for in district, and to access lesson plans and ideas that we share. I update this site weekly and push out updates/tips via Gmail that invite my staff and teachers to check the site. This has been a nice way for our teachers to stay informed, learn some tech tips, and share what everyone is doing.
  • Blog writing is simple and effective and allows you to embed images and YouTube videos.
  • Professional look and feel with an easy to understand navigation.
  • Syncs with other domain sites like GoDaddy, etc.
  • More features or ability to customize more. A lot is dictated my the theme with minimal editing allowed, at least for free versions.
  • Ability to embed other apps. Other than YouTube, teachers utilize apps such as Padlet, polleverywhere, etc. Although these have embed codes, this feature doesn't work with WordPress.
Blogging. This is top notch with WordPress. It is very simple to write posts, schedule them, and allow the posts to be featured on your main page. So if you want more of a blog, WordPress does an excellent job. I also like the portfolio templates. Templates, in general, are extremely useful when working with students who don't have the time to learn the app in depth for school assignments. Education is always looking for means to digitize portfolios, allow students to publish work, keep track of the best assignments, and hold essays, etc. My only scenario where WordPress is less appropriate is in full website building or with minimal time. I think WordPress takes more time to master than most website builders although it does offer more professionally, especially with the data.
Richard Molina profile photo
May 10, 2018

WordPress Review: "The safest content manager on the market."

I use WordPress as a content manager to develop the pages of my clients because it is the best way to deliver a complete and fully self-managed website.
  • for developments of web pages that need to be delivered quickly.
  • dynamic websites where information will be constantly loaded. (Manageable Auto)
  • if you need a secure solution and a development that you can start with a theme or a template.
  • is not very good with very elaborate developments as e-commerce, in my opinion, there are more complete alternatives.
  • free websites because they fill the advertising site.
  • mobile apps.
I recently developed a website for a client with this CMS. and it was quite useful until today the client makes use of this content manager to upload new content every week to his web page.
Read Richard Molina's full review
May 28, 2018

WordPress Review: "Best CMS platform providing a number of features without any knowledge of coding"

It is used by the department to maintain blogs. To make a different type of websites which are describing small and larger business of people. With the help of WordPress number of online stores, websites are being made every day to provide best and stylish experience to the users of the website.
  • WordPress is an open source CMS system that provides plethoras of free features.
  • There are varieties of plugins by installing them. We can add new functionalities to the website without any knowledge of coding.
  • WordPress is the best platform for customization of websites and millions of free themes are there.
  • The security of WordPress websites is not up to the mark. This should be improved so that we can overcome the threats and attacks on the websites.
  • Premium version of plugins is more costly.
  • Plugins are making websites slow.
WordPress provides tons of free features by installing different plugins and we can add every functionality to the website without any knowledge of coding.
If you are looking for a secure website then WordPress is not providing it by default. However, there is a limit of login attempts to overcome invalid logins
January 24, 2018

WordPress Review: "Great for blog management"

I used Wordpress at a marketing agency to manage and post blogs for various clients. It was is an integral tool for the content team to ensure that content is published across clients' websites. Posts could effectively be uploaded by the agency content team and reviewed by the client before publication.
  • Flexibility of design
  • Ability to check drafts
  • Ease of use
  • One Wordpress account I have been locked out of and can't get back into despite requesting reset email
Wordpress is perfect for the blog functionality of a website. The post feature is fantastic - this is my primary use. It is great for a content team who can review content before it is published, schedule postings etc. The Yoast SEO optimisation plugin is also fantastic to help with your keyword language.

I have also used Wordpress to build websites from scratch - it is perfect for Small Businesses who may not have a large budget or experience in web design. The plug-ins require plenty of flexibility and functionality and there is plenty of support in the user forums.
March 13, 2018

Review: "WordPress is one of the best open source CMS platforms available."

Wordpress is widely used by our organization. We build all of our partner's sites using Wordpress and we also develop and design some internal web projects using WordPress. We choose to use WordPress because it has a very intuitive and easy to use admin dashboard to allow us to manage the back end of our websites.
  • WordPress allows us to create websites quicker because it provides a number of built in systems so we don't have to develop from ground up.
  • WordPress makes it easier for non-coders to manager their websites through the content management system admin interface.
  • There is a massive WordPress community that you can use as support and third party plugins that you can select from to extend the functionality of your site outside of the standard Wordpress themes.
  • Sometimes there are too many plugins to choose from for a specific need. It requires you to try and test multiple ones to find the right fit for your site.
  • WordPress can run slow if you use too many plugins and don't do any speed optimizations within your configurations.
  • Plugins and WordPress make a numerous updates throughout the year. In order to keep up with the latest updates and security patches, you must keep up and update as new releases come out.
Wordpress is well suited for blogs and other informational websites. It allows non-coders to manage their websites without knowing how to code. The content management backend allows admins to easily make updates and add functionality to their site. Although you can certainly use WordPress to build landing pages, I don't think it's an ideal solution. There are other platforms like Unbounce that specialize in landing pages with built-in features specifically for landing page use cases.
February 06, 2018

User Review: "WordPress - I'm Impressed!"

I have used WordPress in various capacities, both in its original implementation as a blog on an otherwise larger site and to host entire sites with posts (such as products and blog posts). I have created themes for these sites to customise the appearance and features of the CMS on the front end, and have contributed to the content, so have used it as both an administrator and author.

WordPress provides a relatively easy solution to put a platform in place to create and manage content, with its large number of plugins to add functionality and features to the end product. I have found the availability of plugins exceptionally useful in filling in gaps within the original CMS, and have also found the availability of tutorials and documentation very useful in modifying the platform in-house too.
  • Quick to set up
  • Highly customisable, especially with the regular updates the platform receives
  • A large number of available plugins and themes
  • Extensible and versatile
  • Relatively simple to manage
  • Relatively open to hacking (if not properly maintained and set up)
  • Plugins can break with platform updates or clash with each other
  • Can be overkill if inappropriate for your project
  • Some themes are slow to load
WordPress is very well suited to projects that have a short window of time to be implemented, due to its relatively quick setup time. This isn't to say it is not suitable for more complex or well-thought-out implementations, but it just lends itself particularly well to fast turnarounds. It is excellent in scenarios where regular posts of content are required as it was originally set up as a CMS for blogging, but now supports many other content types. With page builders and custom post types, there really aren't many limits to what can be done within WordPress, and really the limitation generally lies with the developer implementing a site with it.
May 24, 2018

Review: "Wordpress is good for quick and dirty projects"

WordPress is being used by various clients for website capabilities. We specifically recommend WordPress for those teams who lack advanced technical proficiency when it comes to content publishing platforms. For the more advanced user, other platforms like Drupal are better.
  • Easy-to-use
  • Customizable with plugins
  • Very buggy, especially with more plugins
  • Small updates can break the entire site
WordPress is best for teams wishing to get off the ground ASAP. It is ready to go and very easy to set up. However, for more advanced capabilities and customization, WordPress may have some weaknesses. Plugins can also get complex, especially when constant updating is required.
January 26, 2018

"WordPress Review"

Wordpress is used to build smaller sites that we need to look good, and be able to create within a timely manner. Wordpress also allows us to create great looking content/websites for our clients, and it's easy to hand over the editing capabilities to them with little training on the CMS.
  • Interface ease of use.
  • Ability to train clients to use the CMS to edit their own content.
  • Endless amounts of themes and plugins available to use for customization.
  • Regulations of who can create themes/plugins. There seems to be many glitchy themes/plugins created.
  • Although there's a huge online community/forums with support, it would be nice to have a chat feature and be able to talk with an actual rep.
  • Security. I seem to hear a lot about being easy to hack.
I think that WordPress is well suited to people who have a small business and are looking to have a blog on their website. I believe that if you have a major site, I would stick with hiring a professional developer/team to build and run your website.
Benjamin Hale profile photo
January 18, 2018

WordPress Review: "Come for the Price, Stay for the Community"

We use WordPress to create and maintain websites for multiple universities across the country. These websites are used to capture prospective students contact information and inform them about our education programs. We also use WordPress for some of our internal websites. This is our main source for any public facing, robust website we created for ourselves or our school partners.
  • WordPress is quick to implement and have up and running. The combination of the quick installation to the user-friendly interface of the back end, makes WordPress a great tool for experts and novices alike.
  • There is a huge community of developers and experts to provide customization and tips for any website. A quick Google search will find numerous solutions to most WordPress and website issues that may arise.
  • Plugins everywhere! This is great because there are options for plugins. Some other CMS solutions offer one or two options for different features, but WordPress has multiple options and allows you to find free and more premium options.
  • Because it is built using free and open source platforms, there are no additional software or specialty hardware costs needed to get a website up and running. Just a basic website package will do.
  • Security can be an issue, because you are dealing with both core WordPress code, and any plugin code. WordPress is usually quick with updates, and does a good job of keeping up on any possible security issues. But, plugins can be a different story. Add to that, as one of the largest CMS systems around, it is often a target of attackers.
  • The plugin marketplace can be a minefield. While there is a review process, we find that we have to be very vigilant in looking for plugins that are actively being patched and updated.
  • The extensible of WordPress can make it slow. If we are not careful with our plugins and customizations, we can sometimes create sites that do not perform up to web standards.
WordPress is well suited to most conventional or eCommerce websites. There are features to use the built in database for data driven sections of websites, like a store finder. The flexibility of WordPress can help make it a good choice for almost any website type, but if someone is looking for a very simple one or two page website that will not change much, WordPress may be overkill.
Read Benjamin Hale's full review
Shelle Pourmanafzadehardabili profile photo
September 20, 2017

User Review: "WordPress - the choice for most!"

We use Wordpress for our websites, landing pages and for designing and developing websites for other companies.
  • It is a relatively easy to manage content management system for business sites, personal and professional blog sites and e-commerce sites.
  • WordPress has an impressive number of free and paid plugins that are regularly updated to manage security, seo and other functionality.
  • WordPress has an impressive number of well-written themes so that one does not have to be a programmer to create and/or update their site.
  • WordPress consistently does updates to the platform for usability and security. I do not see any inherent problems with how WordPress operates.
  • There is some confusion between wordpress.com (all-in-one blogging platform) and wordpress.org (self-hosted) that I personally feel should be separated. I've had some clients sign up and pay through wordpress.com when they should be using (free) wordpress.org which can be a pain.
The only time I do not recommend WordPress is if a completely non-techy person wants to create their own website without wanting to learn the basics or hire someone to help them create and/or maintain the site. It's features and capabilities far exceed those by the "do it yourself without any tech knowledge" of Squarespace, Weebly, Wix, etc.
Read Shelle Pourmanafzadehardabili's full review

Role-based user permissions (36)
API (27)
Internationalization / multi-language (22)
WYSIWYG editor (35)
Code quality / cleanliness (36)
Admin section (39)
Page templates (37)
Library of website themes (38)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (37)
Publishing workflow (38)
Form generator (34)
Content taxonomy (32)
SEO support (35)
Bulk management (28)
Availability / breadth of extensions (35)
Community / comment management (35)

About WordPress

Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers and a content management system. The appearance of a Wordpress site and many of its functions are managed through themes, and further customizable through altering code, though altering code is not required; templates and plugins to expand its capabilities are plentiful. Wordpress features integrated link management, and a search-engine friendly permalink structure. WordPress now allows multiple blogs to exist within one installation. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.

Wordpress is popular due to its simplicity and modifiability. Furthermore implementing Wordpress costs only time. Two paid versions exist. The $99 premium plan allows a user an ad free custom domain with 13GB of space and advanced customization. The $299 Business plan allows unlimited space and supports eCommerce as well.