WordPress Reviews

Ann M. Frank | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

WordPress makes creating sites easy, even for amateurs!

We are using WordPress to create internal training and information sites. It's become a critical part of our training programs both internally and externally with clients.
  • Easy to learn and train on - very intuitive.
  • Easy to create easy to navigate and professional-looking sites.
  • It can be shared easily internally and externally.
  • I found it challenging to find support documents while I was in the training process on how to create a site.
  • Save and publish can be confusing to some users.
Very easy to create professional-looking sites that can be shared internally and externally. You don't need to be a designer to create the sites and have them look "nice" - which frees up creative staff for other more complex projects. Sites can be developed both for internal and external use, which is important as we have over 70 clients. It can be a bit challenging to learn if you haven't used it before or don't understand publishing sites.
Read Ann M. Frank's full review
Diego Pacheco | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2020

Building websites quickly and easily with WordPress

WordPress is used and maintained by the marketing team and a third party company that hosts our portal/blog. It is used to present the company, products and ways of contacting customers and potential customers with the company. There is a blog where the marketing company publishes articles related to the company's field of activity as well as videos or texts explaining the technologies used in our products/services.
  • Creating blog posts and sharing on social networks.
  • Manage easily and quickly whether or not visitors can comment on publications.
  • Application migration to another hosting.
  • Custom changes to be maintained after updates.
It is very suitable for creating institutional or personal pages, blogs, and even online stores. There are many free themes and plugins to help you create easily and conveniently. It is not very suitable for use as a sales system if you do not have mastery of the tool or plugin used since any carelessness can generate a great loss of financial credibility with customers.
Read Diego Pacheco's full review
Xavier Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 02, 2019

WordPress for Website Growth

We are using Wordpress as a means of recruitment. With our organization and just the nature of the industry cluster we are in, there is an extremely high turnover rate. Therefore we utilize just about any product we can to help with recruitment and retention. Through Wordpress, we can create an appealing website to attract candidates to work for our company. We are also able to track the traffic our website receives and therefore adjust things to make the website itself more worth our while.
  • Organization - we are able to keep our website easily organized as well as all the analytical features organized through the WordPress interface.
  • As mentioned above, the WordPress interface is extremely organized - this makes it extremely user friendly.
  • WordPress is definitely ahead of its time, staying up to date with the newest technology and always updating to accommodate to technological advancement.
  • A better way to integrate third party plugins - a lot of times our plugins glitch and I end up having to dig around to see why things have adjusted in ways I don't want.
  • Better tutorials so that I don't have to walk new employees through the program step by step, but instead can assign a tutorial for their education of the program.
Are you growing your online presence? WordPress is the exact place to start. With all it's bells and whistles, there is no way you will find a better place to create and edit your website.
Read Xavier Knight's full review
Aaron Case | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 06, 2019

Unmatched CMS

It is being used across the whole organization as we begin replacing outdated in-house built CMS platform.
  • Ease of use.
  • Developer friendly.
  • Well supported.
  • Plugins for everything!
  • Security.
  • More variety of database support.
WordPress is well suited for front-facing marketing platforms. It is not well suited for custom application development.
Read Aaron Case's full review
January 07, 2020

WordPress for Blogging and Business

WordPress is used to power my staffing organization's website for blogging, taking in resume's from job candidates, and for seeking business from employers. We use WordPress to handle form data, post regular content, and host media. WordPress is used by the entire organization, though it is only directly managed by the Strategy department. We have also used WordPress to handle a small amount of eCommerce.
  • Simple to Use
  • Highly Customizable
  • Slow page speed compared to other options
  • Can have security issues if not updated vigilantly
WordPress is a perfect content management system for someone with limited web development experience. It is the simplest content management system for getting a site up and running without writing a single line of code. Complex business needs like eCommerce can be handled by various plugins that save you from having to do any scripting. The multitude of available themes allows users to find an aesthetic for their website that they like without having to create their own. WordPress is strong for smaller businesses that need to put out web content but may lack the technical skills to manage a more complex content management system.

The flip side is that if heavy customization is needed for a project, another CMS might be preferred. WordPress can have security problems if there is any delay with updates, which means sites that hold a large amount of user data may prefer a more secure option. It is difficult to optimize WordPress for speed. If page load speed is important, a site can be better optimized using other content management systems. Some WordPress plugins also have recurring fees, so other systems may be cheaper if you can meet your business needs using them.
February 26, 2020

WordPress is excellent for business websites

We have used WordPress for years to create websites for our businesses. We have one main business (our school) and some smaller businesses which we've also created websites for. It's great to be able to do everything online so we're not tethered to a specific computer. It's also very beneficial to have the regular security updates, to be able to change the look of our website quickly and easily in the form of themes, and the vast array of plugins that allow us to add many different features to our sites.
  • Very user-friendly--you don't need to be a coding expert to create a website
  • Lots of features--Just about any kind of functionality you can imagine there is a plugin for that
  • It can be tough to sift through the various plugins, and not all are regularly updated
  • Finding support can also be difficult. There is a free message board, but it's hit or miss.
It is originally intended for blogs, but you don't need to run a blog to use it. We use it just for regular websites and find it to be excellent. Especially if you have other people that need to add content or make adjustments, you can assign them logins and roles to add content, edit, make changes, etc. There are so many free and paid themes that allow you to do just about anything, I can't really think of an instance where Wordpress would not be an appropriate option for a website, unless you are looking for something super simple and brief, like only a page or two, then Wordpress might be overkill for your needs.
December 17, 2019

Powerful Software Offers Lots of Customization at a Price

Early in my tenure at Bepress, we elected to revamp our corporate website and selected Wordpress as our solution of choice. This was the first time our company had worked with Wordpress, and to the extent that the corporate website is used by the whole organization I suppose it was used by the whole organization, however, the users were almost entirely the Marketing team.
  • WordPress offers an intimidating array of customization features almost to the point of being overwhelming.
  • LOTS of integration support.
  • The UI can get quite complex at times, doesn't always feel intuitive to use.
  • Poor support for copy-pasting in text from other software (such as Google Docs or Word), doesn't play well with others in this capacity.
One of the key pieces that made our WordPress implementation successful was working with a consultant who was hired to help us make the correct design choices at implementation so we wouldn't spend the rest of the website's lifespan plugging holes in a sinking ship. While they did good work, it does strike me that if we didn't have the resources to invest in giving our website an absolutely top-notch look and feel I don't know that I would have felt this was money well spent.
December 12, 2019

WordPress is a worthy CMS and blogging platform

WordPress is a pretty malleable platform. It can be used as a simple website, blog, or you can extend it with a variety of plugins to morph it into almost anything else. I have deployed this as both a website and a blog in multiple instances. I've also used plugins to secure the site as well as add additional features such as file sharing and media. It's free software that can be quickly deployed and is relatively simple to run. Low cost and overhead make this a great tool.
  • Static web pages provide basic functionality that any CMS should.
  • Dynamic content such as blog entries extends this functionality.
  • Plugin security can be difficult as they are supplied by vendors of varying quality.
  • There is a slight learning curve to developing new themes for WordPress.
WordPress is an excellent platform for static and dynamic content. It has a variety of uses beyond this such as storefronts, file hosting, and more. Care must be taken to ensure the security of the platform, however. Fortunately, between a few excellent security-related plugins and the ability to deploy this in a container, much of the security concern can be mitigated.
December 18, 2019

WordPress is the easy and simple way to go.

Currently, I use WordPress for my blog to create and distribute content. Additionally, I write for other media outlets that utilize the platform for their content.
  • Easy to use themes available
  • Free add on plugins
  • Providing more integration with voice technology
  • Providing CRM tools with the platform
WordPress works well for building out a website that is blog heavy, while it needs work to make affiliate marketing work a bit easier.
Kate Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 20, 2019

WordPress for Medical Blog

Health and Willness uses WordPress a great deal of the time. This is how we have created our entire website and continue to utilize it to post our weekly (sometimes biweekly) blog posts showcasing a great plethora of medical information for new nurses. The entire organization does use the program, though, we use it in different facets. My supervisor does more of the behind-the-scenes coding and formatting to get the perfect look for the website, where I am more of the day-to-day, posting new posts and checking our analytics. It has been a great way to grow our email list and ultimately create the client base we were looking for.
  • Organization and user friendly - The entire site is user friendly making it very easy to navigate.
  • Once or twice there has been a glitch in our programming and the contact for support was GREAT at helping us figure out the problem.
  • Another thing we have enjoyed while using WordPress is that it is so easily compatible with our other services we utilize.
  • At times I feel there is a bit much on one screen, small font and tons of information. It can be a bit overwhelming. Perhaps more menu options would cut down on this.
  • Although we did receive help with our glitch, it did take awhile to respond, leaving us unable to post for almost a week.
  • Perhaps a better tutorial would be helpful to learn the software. We utilized YouTube tutorials done by independent people.
I think our organization is a prime example of where WordPress is well suited. It is great for small businesses that are just starting up, hoping to grow clientele, and ultimately learn how to get started with internet "broadcasting" (for lack of better terms). I think it is a great way to jump all in to starting to grow a business.
Read Kate Knight's full review
James Hicks | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 12, 2019

WordPress For The Win!

WordPress is our CMS (content management system) of choice for all our blog content properties. Administration is extremely easy since WordPress is operated as a SaaS and does not needed to be loaded on a centralized system.
  • Flexibility - allows contributors to easily customize the content they are creating.
  • Functionality - the ability to load various plugins within the environment bring about much-appreciated functionality (i.e adding contact forms, e-commerce front-ends, photo/video galleries, etc.).
  • Security - WordPress as a platform runs more than 1/3 of the world's internet sites - with that in mind the community is laser-focused on maintaining high-security standards and ensuring that the platform is properly patched against security vulnerabilities.
  • Better controls around the inclusion of 3rd party written plugins within the Plugin Directory - search functionality and classification hasn't changed much in the past few years.
WordPress is THE platform choice for online publishing. Even for those that are knowledgeable about HTML coding, they will still appreciate the framework that WordPress provides (as you can still customize everything about your environment through CSS).
Read James Hicks's full review
Daniel Morse | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 10, 2019

Perfect, and where it isn't, it can be made so

The WordPress platform (we use the stand-alone product) is the absolute perfect way to establish a public-facing presence in the world. We (and I as an individual) use it for our primary website, which is to provide information for our potential customers, but also for blogging smaller updates and celebrations/milestones we reach.
It is my go-to software for websites because it is just so versatile, flexible, reliable, and literally perfect. It always works.
  • Ease of use.
  • Great flexibility of setup, integration of plugins, and expansion of functions.
  • Reliability.
  • Dynamic to changing requirements.
  • Continued improvement on speed of loading, but that is also due to the website coding itself rather than the software.
WordPress is perfect for individuals, small, medium and large organizations, and literally everything in between. The software is completely personalizable, and although it takes time to get it working well, when it does work well, it is literally everything you want it to be. There are thousands of plugins that enhance the usability and functionality of the platform, making it the number one choice for me and many others.
Read Daniel Morse's full review
Dinesh Selvachandra | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 18, 2019

Best website development platform out there,

We use WordPress to rapidly build websites and stores for our client, with very minimal requirement to deployment time.
  • Free
  • Easy to use and tons of plugins
  • Well implemented content management
  • PHP based, so it's faster
  • Can create a mock website in minutes
  • Rich templates available for integration
  • Plugins may have bugs
  • Easy to spam
  • Constant target for hack bots
From simple to complex website design and development WordPress is the go to place. By using WordPress we were able to create some fast mock sites with minimal effort and build on it over time.
Read Dinesh Selvachandra's full review
Richard Peterson | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 08, 2019

WordPress is my go-to tool for quick micro-sites

WordPress is a great tool for quickly building microsites without having to bring in your digital agency for an expensive and long-drawn-out build process. I can organize my wireframes and have a junior assistant hammer it out. Very intuitive for a novice to use and easy for me to go in as a senior manager to make my improvements.
  • The use of widgets to build page elements is so much faster than coding an entire page.
  • The library of existing tools makes the design and page loading process very fast.
  • The fact that I do not need to bring in my expensive digital agency is a very big plus in these times of tight budgets.
  • I have issues at times with the number of people that I can add to my admin account. I do not like sharing UNs and PWs so the more admins I can add the better.
  • The updates are not automatic and some that I clicked on broke the site. Need a better process of sending software updates for the package you buy.
  • I would like if comments could be filtered from spammers.
I like WordPress for developing fast-moving micro and mini-sites. I am done with the site by the time the digital agency has sent me the scope of the project and the estimate.
Read Richard Peterson's full review
November 07, 2019

A superior blogging tool

WordPress is a helpful tool for our marketing and fundraising departments. We use WordPress to show how awesome it is to be a Girl Scout and encourage other girls to join. We write and create posts to show what our organization is doing, what community projects the Girl Scouts have been working on, and the benefits of joining a Girl Scout troop. We are able to create content that matches our brand but is separate from our website, which gives us the freedom to get creative. It helps solve the problem of outreach, as we see a decline in interest as girls get older.
  • Integration is one thing that I love. I am able to integrate WordPress with my social media platforms, and also I am able to integrate widgets into WordPress to organize and better serve my audience.
  • Themes and colors are another way WordPress excels. I use the paid version, but the free version also has great options and themes that cater to your needs.
  • I am very pleased with my ability to customize and organize my page, I would consider customization to be a strength. Again, I am not a web developer, and I am not looking for anything extremely customizable or exchangeable, so for marketing and what I do, WordPress is perfect.
  • Navigating WordPress for a new beginner can be a challenge, as it is not exactly outlined well. I think WordPress should offer free courses and tutorials for when someone is just getting started.
  • WordPress uses different names for features that can be confusing and over-complicated, and I think that is something I would like to see done differently.
  • If you are only looking for the free site, I think that it can be a bit more limited and less customizable. I would not consider WordPress to be the best on the market for free platforms.
I really have no reservation recommending WordPress as a platform to a colleague. WordPress is a great platform for students, small companies, and non-profits because of the low cost. I would say WordPress is great for non-profits especially, as it can be a great alternative to paying someone to build a website and you can post all upcoming events and activities.
October 17, 2019

WordPress Review

Wordpress is used to build smaller sites that we need to look good, and be able to create within a timely manner. Wordpress also allows us to create great looking content/websites for our clients, and it's easy to hand over the editing capabilities to them with little training on the CMS.
  • Interface ease of use.
  • Ability to train clients to use the CMS to edit their own content.
  • Endless amounts of themes and plugins available to use for customization.
  • Regulations of who can create themes/plugins. There seems to be many glitchy themes/plugins created.
  • Although there's a huge online community/forums with support, it would be nice to have a chat feature and be able to talk with an actual rep.
  • Security. I seem to hear a lot about being easy to hack.
I think that WordPress is well suited to people who have a small business and are looking to have a blog on their website. I believe that if you have a major site, I would stick with hiring a professional developer/team to build and run your website.
Martin Aranovitch | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 21, 2019

WordPress Can Save You Thousands Of Dollars On Web Development Costs And Put You In The Driver's Seat Of Your Online Vehicle!

I have used WordPress for years to build websites for business clients, and also ran government and local council-sponsored training seminars and workshops teaching businesses how to grow their presence online using WordPress.

After building hundreds of WordPress sites over the years and authoring a series of detailed WordPress training guides for beginners. I have recently turned all of my WordPress knowledge and expertise into a comprehensive Free WordPress training site at WPCompendium.org and developed WPTrainMe - a WordPress tutorials plugin that allows users to get instant access to hundreds of detailed WordPress step-by-step tutorials from their own WordPress dashboards.
  • WordPress allows users with no technical knowledge or coding skills to be in complete control of their web presence.
  • WordPress can save business owners thousands of dollars in web development and web design costs.
  • WordPress is a powerful, secure and highly scalable online content publishing platform and business marketing tool that costs almost nothing to run.
  • WordPress can be configured to automate many areas of website management and online marketing, including automatic updates and automatically driving visitors from search engines and social networks to your site whenever new content is published.
  • WordPress is open source software and benefits from the contribution of thousands of community users, including web developers and web designers.
  • WordPress is regularly updated (on average every 3 months) to provide users with new features, bug fixes, and to address security vulnerabilities found in previous versions.
  • WordPress is the most popular and fastest growing content management system in the world
  • I have written a detailed article listing 50 reasons why WordPress is the ideal choice for most website owners here: http://wptrainme.com/wordpress/50-great-reasons-why-you-should-choose-wordpress
  • The biggest challenge I have found with WordPress is training - helping clients and business owners understand just how much they can achieve with WordPress. Even though there is so much great information online about WordPress, most of it is not organized into a logical system, or aimed at technical users. This is why I have years developing a comprehensive WordPress 'A-Z' training system that takes users step-by-step through every aspect of using WordPress.
Most people equate WordPress with "blogging". WordPress has evolved way beyond blogging to the point where many people are visiting websites that don't look like blogs, but are actually being powered by WordPress.

WordPress would suit most business uses and applications. I would only recommend custom web development work if a business owner cannot get the functionality they need or the web design look they want from a WordPress plugin or theme.
Read Martin Aranovitch's full review
Mike Toger | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 28, 2019

WordPress - A great platform

We use WordPress for our own website as well as several clients. Using the new BigCommerce App integration we have two clients that are now selling their products on separate websites increasing their web presence. This is a very cost effective way to expand on the web. The amount of Plug-ins for WordPress make customization very easy.
  • Ease of Setup
  • The extensive library of Plug-ins
  • They have out-of-the-box themes for most site clients
  • It is difficult to use multiple themes on one website
  • The dashboard is a bit dated and unorganized
  • Some themes are difficult to customize
Pros:
  • Low cost of acquisition
  • Multiple hosting options
  • Very Customizable
  • A large amount of free plug-ins
  • Very stable platform
Cons:
  • The dashboard could be better organized
  • Can be difficult for the novice to customize the theme
  • You need to ensure the plug-in is compatible with your
    version of WordPress or you may have site issues
  • You need to make sure you have backups of your site, not an automated process
Read Mike Toger's full review
Christopher Joles | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 21, 2019

Best Website Builder in the Universe!

WordPress is hands down easy and intuitive to use. I have built many sites using WordPress and have always enjoyed the project. We use WordPress on 2 different websites and it solves all our website issues.
  • Easy posting of articles.
  • Very easy interface for uploading images.
  • Blogging is made super simple with WordPress.
  • The jump to v5 Gutenberg went smooth for me.
  • I find that the classic editor meets my needs much better.
Honestly, I cant think of any scenario where I would not want to start out using WordPress. It is ideally suited for the smallest blog to a large corporate website.
Read Christopher Joles's full review
Dave Moll | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 13, 2018

WordPress is Built to Impress

When we take on new clients, many times they need a website overhaul. Wordpress is our go to solution for this. I've been developing in Wordpress for a number of years that it's actually more cost effective for our agency to custom build a theme than find an off-the-shelf theme. This way we can address all the custom feature requests for the client. When the website is complete, Worpdress is very user-friendly. It is easy for us to train not only our internal staff on updates, maintenance, new content and upkeep, but also to train the client how to use their brand new website.

Since most of our clients have a Wordpress website, it is very simple for our internal staff to work on multiple client websites. An issue or problem solved on one website, means the same issue is so much quicker to resolve on the remaining client sites. Our internal staff can make changes, updates to forms, add new content, add new calls to action, build new landing pages -- all without hours of training. It's a great resource we can add to our client and account management. This really helps keep our client costs down!

• Worpdress is very SEO-friendly. The built in permalink structure, the organization and structure of post types and pages plus the addition of the 'rhymes with toast' SEO plugin gives you a great SEO foundation.
  • Wordpress is a constantly evolving piece of code. Wordpress does a great job of maintaining the core product. As new features are available, as new security issues become known, the WP team keeps you up to date with the latest and greatest version.
  • The Wordpress community is strong! As a developer, this is just fantastic. If I am having trouble implementing a highly custom piece for a client, chances are someone else has already done it! And if not, I can just ask the community, review the Codex or simply Google it. I've never had to say "No, can't do that" when working in Worpdress.
  • Because Wordpress is so popular, it is under constant attack from bots and hackers. New security issues are found and exploited. Our client's websites are at risk of hack or attack.
  • Wordpress is a resource hog. Worpdress sites tend to load slowly, especially if you buy one of those all-in-one themes. You really need to leverage caching and minification to ensure your Wordpress site loads quickly.
  • There are simply too many plugins. Wordpress needs to purge all the abandoned and non-functioning plugins in the repository. I'm always fearful of a client downloading and installing a plugin that crashes the site.
If you need a website, WordPress should be on your list. The only exception to that would be a large ecommerce site. I wouldn't recommend WordPress to someone who does hundreds of sales per day via their ecommerce platform. Yes, there are add-ons and plugins that can do it, but you can also mop your floor with your cat. Why do that? There are other platforms that specialize in ecommerce and do it so much better.

But if you need a social blog, B2B or B2C lead gen, a non-profit, a membership site, a community bulletin board, news site, arts and music or just a simple about me type of website, WordPress is the perfect platform for you. It's so very popular, that it's not going anywhere. It is a platform that will be supported as long there are websites on the internet! You really can't go wrong. Even if you wanted to do an ecommerce site on WordPress, you can. I just would urge you to look at another solution.
Read Dave Moll's full review
Ben Beck | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 09, 2018

A great content management solution/website builder for most businesses

Our main website is hosted on WordPress, and I've been at several other employers who also used WordPress as their primary CRM. It is used across the company, from customer support, to product development, to sales and to marketing. Marketing owns the WordPress instance and is responsible for maintaining it, ensuring it is kept up to date, etc.
  • It is constantly being improved, with new features added, because of the community code-sourcing aspect.
  • Security vulnerabilities are continually being patched to keep it secure.
  • It has the best plugin repository, by far. So, anytime you have a needed new feature for your website, there is usually a plugin that already exists to allow you to do what you're wanting.
  • Because it is the most-used CMS, there are a lot of hackers targeting it. As such, you need to make sure you're always updating the software and patching plugins to the latest version. Not hard to do, but something you need to be vigilant about.
  • Plugins are hit and miss. If it is a new plugin without many existing users and reviews, it is truly hard to know if the software package is any good.
  • Sometimes there are too many options. For example, there are a dozen or so plugins for any given functionality and so you have to sift through to find the right thing.
I believe WordPress is well suited for all websites, except those of major corporations. In my estimation, if you have fewer than 500 employees your website should be on WordPress. The other exception to this rule is if you are a one- or two-man shop and have no technical aptitude. In that case you may want to use a competing CMS software package that is easier to learn.
Read Ben Beck's full review
Fedor Paretsky | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 26, 2019

Quick, intuitive solution for hosting a blog/site

WordPress is used to host all of our blog posts and pages on a server purely serving these pages. We use it as a combination of a CMS, editor, and designer for all of our articles and pages. It is used mostly by Engineers writing articles or founders writing updates on progress.
  • Super intuitive, well-designed UI. WordPress is one of the older, more developed CMS products out there, and their UI has gotten very good through the versions.
  • Integrated SEO. This is a really helpful tool. There is no need to export blog/article info and add it to an SEO service, it's mostly done within WordPress.
  • Full customizability. There is an extensive list of plugins, themes, etc. that can be added to WordPress sites, and the general compatibility of software with WordPress is really good.
  • Open-source. WordPress is all open-source, so sites can be more vulnerable generally, but this also makes the process of releasing and integrating updates into WordPress sites super transparent.
  • Speed. There are definitely parts of the UI that are still quite slow and decrease in speed as you increase the amount of content on WordPress sites.
  • HTML/CSS skills are necessary. While WordPress does simplify the process of developing any sort of website, there is still not enough customizability for it to be possible to edit websites without purely without using HTML/CSS. It's necessary to either improve the customizability function of WordPress or have knowledge of HTML/CSS.
For companies that are looking to quickly publish any sort of material online, WordPress serves as a great CMS and site-editing software. It is truly possible to publish an extensive site very quickly with WordPress. For companies that require more custom functions, integrations, and specific features, it is probably a better idea to just develop a website using a contemporary web framework.
Read Fedor Paretsky's full review
Tiffany Thielepape | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 16, 2019

WordPress Review

Not used for business, mainly personal use. Chose for the following reasons: Free/open source, easy to use, and lots of resources for support.
  • Extremely flexible; can suit most website needs from blogs to small business.
  • Design, content, and functionality separated from each other. This allows for data portability (you can add content regardless of the design you are using, modify the design without changing your content, and add new features without affecting the other areas).
  • Countless themes to choose from/ability to create from scratch.
  • Still responsible for securing the site.
  • Does not come with a built-in drag and drop website builder.
  • Some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is not required but makes things a lot easier; users without it may have a longer learning curve.
Wordpress is a good choice if you want to:
  • Make a professional business website without spending a lot of money.
  • You can easily follow simple tutorials to learn the basics.
  • You want to make a blog, portfolio, or a personal website and use it to make money online.
You might want to look at other options if:
  • You just want to run a blog and have no plans to make money or use any third-party services.
  • You are fine with limited features as far as you never have to write code, make backups, or worry about updates.
  • You just want a small website, and you are not worried about growing your business online or using the website to make more sales.
Read Tiffany Thielepape's full review
Tim Colling | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2018

WordPress - The world's most popular content management system

Our firm uses WordPress for all new websites that it builds for clients. It provides a stable, well-known and accepted foundation for all websites that our clients employ. It is so well-accepted as an industry standard for website construction that clients never question the choice and in fact most of the time they expect us to use it.
  • It is stable and reliable.
  • It is so widely-accepted that there are many, many many resources available for working with it, many of them at little or no cost.
  • It saves us countless hours of development that we otherwise would have to do ourselves.
  • WordPress has become caught up in the trend toward "drag n drop" page builders with the advent of the new "Gutenberg" block-based editor, despite the fact that many in the WordPress community don't want it and resent the manner in which it has been forced upon them.
WordPress is very well suited to building websites of almost any type for small and medium sized businesses, including:
  • Service providers
  • Sellers of merchandise (i.e., "ecommerce" companies)
  • Data collection such as polling
  • Online education and training
  • Family and personal websites
Read Tim Colling's full review
Lauren Golden | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2018

WordPress is the solid choice for building your online presence

I use WordPress.org to run my website, both through a theme installed on WordPress and by integrating with my use of ClickFunnels using the ClickFunnels plugin for WordPress. The ability to fully customize my online presence is important to me and how I present my brand online. Being a virtual business selling digital products, it's essential to have software I can trust.
  • The ease of adding plugins to customize the site and integrate it with other platforms is excellent
  • Adding new pages and posts is incredibly simple, and with Yoast it's easy to prioritize SEO
  • Changing themes is also easy to do to keep things looking fresh
  • I've had issues finding technical support, whether it's wordpress related or dealing with a particular theme
  • It would be great to have a visual builder to toggle back and forth between in wordpress without adding a plugin
I believe WordPress is the best option for websites. It is definitely not the most user-friendly, I believe there is a learning curve that less customizable sites like Wix and SquareSpace don't have, however I think it's worth it for the control you have over your online presence.
Read Lauren Golden's full review

Role-based user permissions (55)
API (41)
Internationalization / multi-language (35)
WYSIWYG editor (51)
Code quality / cleanliness (54)
Admin section (58)
Page templates (56)
Library of website themes (56)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (55)
Publishing workflow (53)
Form generator (49)
Content taxonomy (50)
SEO support (53)
Bulk management (41)
Availability / breadth of extensions (54)
9.2
Community / comment management (53)

About WordPress

Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers and a content management system. The appearance of a Wordpress site and many of its functions are managed through themes, and further customizable through altering code, though altering code is not required; templates and plugins to expand its capabilities are plentiful. Wordpress features integrated link management, and a search-engine friendly permalink structure. WordPress now allows multiple blogs to exist within one installation. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.

Wordpress is popular due to its simplicity and modifiability. Furthermore implementing Wordpress costs only time. Two paid versions exist. The $99 premium plan allows a user an ad free custom domain with 13GB of space and advanced customization. The $299 Business plan allows unlimited space and supports eCommerce as well.