Best Sitebuilder Out There Period

January 19, 2022

Swiss Army Knife of Website CMS

January 05, 2022

Love using WordPress for our corporate blog

November 24, 2021

Best option for making website

October 26, 2021

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Relationship 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021

Library of website themes (128)

Mobile optimization / responsive design (127)

Page templates (126)

Admin section (129)

Video Reviews (3)

Record

What is WordPress?

Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers, and a content management system, known for its simplicity and modifiability. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.trustradius.com/buyer…

10 people want pricing too

What is ExpressionEngine?

ExpressionEngine is a content management system from EllisLab in 2002, a successor to pMachine Pro, a blogging system, which is written in object-oriented PHP and uses MySQL for data storage. ExpressionEngine is their flagship Content Delivery Platform.

What is MODX?

The MODX Digital Experience Platform provides everything you need to build, host, and maintain amazing websites your way. The vendor says that with MODX CMS and cloud hosting, users have complete control over their creative vision and the experiences they deliver, without restriction or compromise.…

Security

Platform & Infrastructure

Web Content Creation

Web Content Management

What is WordPress?

Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers and a content management system. The appearance of a Wordpress site and many of its functions are managed through themes, and further customizable through altering code, though altering code is not required; templates and plugins to expand its capabilities are plentiful. Wordpress features integrated link management, and a search-engine friendly permalink structure. WordPress now allows multiple blogs to exist within one installation. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.

Wordpress is popular due to its simplicity and modifiability. Furthermore implementing Wordpress costs only time. Two paid versions exist. The $99 premium plan allows a user an ad free custom domain with 13GB of space and advanced customization. The $299 Business plan allows unlimited space and supports eCommerce as well.

WordPress Video

How to use WordPress, a step by step tutorial. Learn to when to use WordPress, how to install a theme, and how to use each of the program's tools.

WordPress Integrations

WordPress Competitors

WordPress Technical Details

What is WordPress?

What are WordPress's top competitors?

LiveJournal and Populr are common alternatives for WordPress.

What is WordPress's best feature?

Reviewers rate Availability / breadth of extensions highest, with a score of 9.3.

Who uses WordPress?

The most common users of WordPress are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Swadesh Padhi | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our whole site is based on WordPress. We then use plugins like WooCommerce for our shop subsite, BuddyPress for our community subsite, Elementor for website design, etc. With WordPress, we have a reliable backend from which we can build our business. We use WordPress for our blog posts, our eCommerce, our user profiles, our user engagement tools (we built this out using WordPress along with plugins), our landing pages with forms, and also our corporate digital products.
  • Customizable with lots of plugins
  • Easy to navigate and use
  • Reliable
  • Own site builder
  • Own eCommerce plugin
  • Better posts editor
I don't think there's a scenario where WordPress isn't suitable. We're using it for eCommerce, community, blogging, web app, and corporate sales, almost everything a business needs. WordPress is probably less appropriate if you can't find a plugin to suit your needs ie your use case is super custom and you need full control over the code. But we've found out that everything can be done with WordPress as a base, for example, we can use third-party tools like Integromat along with WordPress to build out solutions.
As of today Jan 29, 2022, I have used WordPress (.com, not .org) as my hosting platform for my website since 2016. I am paid up for the 1-year business plan, and it doesn't expire till May of 2022. I noticed the WordPress app logo on my phone changed from bright blue to dull blue a couple of days ago, but I didn't think much about it until I went to my website. I believe WordPress took it upon themselves to change my Business Plan to the "free" plan and now all my products in my eCommerce shop are gone! During my experience, the Hestia Lite theme was removed and, in my opinion, everything on my website has changed and it looks awful! I put over a year of work and hundreds of hours getting my website to look beautiful and now, I feel like all of that is lost! To my understanding, free plans don't have access to instant WordPress chat with technical support, so I have to email them and they don't reply on weekends so I believe this will take weeks to resolve. Personally, I am livid and disgusted with WordPress! I ADVISE YOU NOT TO USE WORDPRESS.COM! IN MY OPINION, USE ANOTHER WEB HOSTING SITE!
  • In my experience, changing your website without your authorization.
  • In my experience, I feel that WordPress does not ask permission before doing something.
  • In my opinion, I believe WordPress does not allow instant chat technical support for "free plans".
  • I believe WordPress should contact the owner of the website before requesting to make changes.
  • I believe WordPress should offer instant chat for all plans not just for the business plan.
In my opinion, if a zero was an option I would choose 0 out of 10, but there's no 0 to select. I would strongly recommend people to stay away from WordPress. Because, in my experience, they have shown that those who have paid for the business plan in full for a year in advance that it is NOT a guarantee that they will keep your business plan as they will change it to the "free plan", which I believe will mess up your site horribly!
WordPress allows creatives who know little to no code the ability to create stunning websites. In our case, [we have] two sites running simultaneously. Having WordPress was a huge money saver as we were able to build both sites from the ground up and customize both to meet our needs.
  • Easy to use interface
  • Lots of customization
  • Constantly updating and improving
  • Sometimes plugins conflict with each other
  • I prefer the classic editor, so it has been an adjustment to manage our sites within the new interface.
  • Sometimes basic settings are buried several levels deep, and until you learn where to navigate by repetition, it’s frustrating to try and find what you need
WordPress is well suited for small companies like mine where a few people are tasked with [different functions] outside their job description. It allows you to build a web presence quickly and without too much effort. In addition, if you do know how to code, WordPress offers [customization so you] can tweak it to your exact specifications. WordPress has something for everyone. For a large enterprise, I would go to a different platform.
Sebastian Correa Marsico | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use WordPress for our main website. Our blog is a huge part of our content and communications efforts and there is no better platform for hosting a blog than WordPress. Another reason is its ease of use and its compatibility with the rest of the marketing tools that we use. It's easy to maintain and to scale. And anything can be done pretty fast.
  • Blog management.
  • Website management.
  • Website security
  • Flexibility.
  • Integrate with pretty much all marketing platforms.
  • Constant updates.
  • Page speed is not the best.
  • Media library management has a lot to improve.
  • Very little native features, you need a plugin for almost everything.
If your business relies heavily on content creation, and particularly on blog posts, then WordPress is really the best option you have. But if you don't have a blog, you only need static pages, or you want to build an eCommerce site, then you might want to explore other alternatives.
Vinay Disodia | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using WordPress since 2013. I started with the basic blog website and till now I have delivered many Websites based on WordPress for e-commerce and other fields. It's very easy to set up and the plugin library is amazing, everything can be done in a few steps if anyone has the working knowledge. The only drawback is frequent updates and management of the plugins.
  • SEO as its have all the systematic tools to do all the work rather than in PHP or any other website management.
  • Designing- is amazing you have used in house builder or woo-commerce, the elementary page builder for your needs, and some of them with basic features are free.
  • Fast Speed for loading index page and management for cached pages.
  • Migration- in WordPress is easy to just take backup and migrate with the tools of yourself.
  • Creating free plugins for starter business of individual blogs.
  • Getting domain names from WordPress is comparatively high than other domain sellers.
  • Automatic backup should be added in the WordPress itself, right now its not available you have to use 3rd party plugins of can do manually.
A person with basic knowledge can install WordPress easily from the channel but to the actual results, you need the expert. The creating and setup with 3rd party APIs is the time taken and some time WordPress stuck. But overall you have the best tool in the market for website management.
Tom Mulhern | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use WordPress to create a stunning and interactive website for my business and the clients who hire me to build them a website. I've used it in the past to build e-commerce websites, intranet sites for companies, blogs, and many other types of websites. WordPress is a simple solution to create stunning websites in minutes.
  • Open Source.
  • Easy to manage.
  • Great templates and plugins.
  • Easy install and maintenance.
  • Dashboard interface needs update.
  • User management.
  • Updates sometimes break the site.
WordPress is a great solution for any sized business looking to launch a website for their company. I have used WordPress to build a website for a large company with thousands of clients, as well as a small podcast with just a few listeners. It really is the Swiss Army Knife of website builders and can work for most business or personal scenarios.
We are a boutique real estate firm that seeks to expand our digital presence and use the internet to drive leads, conversions and new clients to our website. We built our website using WordPress and could not function without it. The sheer versatility and number of great plug-ins make [WorkPress] an all-in-one [product] that we are continuing to learn about and master.
  • Versality - lots of additional features through plug-ins
  • Accessible - the popularity of the product means you can get plenty of help
  • It can be glitchy and buggy at times
  • Need to go to 3rd parties for instructions on how to do more complex things
  • It does not always integrate as seamlessly as it could with plug-ins like Yoast SEO
If you're building a website from scratch, WordPress is the way to go. It's relatively straightforward, easy to use, and looks professional. Take your time planning and researching to ensure that you use only the plug-ins and extras you need. This is because using too many plug-ins can slow [down] the site, so for a more advanced website with lots of different features and complex codes you might look elsewhere.
We are currently using WordPress to host our corporate blog and website. It is primarily used by the marketing department to push out and update content. It helps us host our content all in one centralized location while also creating a pipeline of content to be pushed out across different content pillars.
  • Easy to navigate
  • Easy to push out new content
  • Easy to have multiple users on the platform at the same time
  • One-stop shop
  • There are lots of features, so you need to familiarize yourself with where everything is.
  • Provide more info on what each section means (particularly the meta description/SEO sections).
WordPress is the best platform to use for hosting your corporate blog or your website. It's easy to populate the various sections in WordPress and then see it get pushed live directly onto your website. You can always go in and edit any section you see fit. Super easy to use!
Carrie Berens | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a start up, we boot-strapped much of our launch and did a lot of things ourselves. We developed our first website using WordPress and it was easy to use for a non-webmaster/designer. Since then we've had our site professionally designed and they also use WordPress. It's a great platform for both beginners and professionals.
  • Lots of flexibility
  • Tons of tools
  • Not as intuitive as basic builders, but more function a flexibility
  • Can be overwhelming for a beginner because there are so many options
Because it's opensource, WordPress has an almost infinite array of options, styles, tools and ways to customize your website. It's pretty easy for a novice to quickly customize preset themes to the look and function they want. It's also a great platform for the experts and designers to get creative with.
Oleksandr Torlo | TrustRadius Reviewer
When I had a question with the development of a corporate website, we had 3 ways - to do it ourselves from scratch, to outsource it, to do it on ready-made CMS. Outsourcing for a young start-up is expensive and to make from a scratch also was not a variant, since we have already made our main product from scratch.
When choosing a CMS, I had several options, but I settled on WordPress and did not regret it later.
We bought a ready-made template that was very suitable for us and in days, not months, filled it with content and changed it a little visually.
The result is simply stunning and we like it.
  • Tons of extensions.
  • A millions of great templates for every case.
  • Simple but powerful admin interface.
  • More then enough educational courses and videos.
  • The code style to make own extensions.
  • The speed of engine, especially with extensions installed.
  • Many things could be placed into the basic distributive not in the plugins.
If you want to make a good and future-expandable website simply and quickly without involving programmers, then of course pay attention to WordPress. If it's just a landing page, then you can choose another online website builder.
When choosing WordPress, be prepared for the fact that a lot of things are implemented in plugins here, but you have to pay for all the good things. And therefore, the cost of ownership can be quite high over time.
First of all, it is free. With WordPress, you don't need to know to code. It has lots of plugins and themes that make your work easier. If you choose the right tool, you can make some great websites. We were using it for our internal websites. Also, we're doing WordPress websites for customers, too. Our IT team was using it and was glad to use it.
  • It is free
  • Great optimization
  • Fully changeable user interfaces
  • Easy to use admin panel
  • Working well even in lower servers
  • Should support more extensions
  • WordPress should check all extensions that some of them contains dangerous things
  • Standard admin panel must have more customize options
  • Should be more options for security on admin panel
If you need a basic and single-page website, surely WordPress is the best and ideal option. If you are a beginner at making websites, WordPress is the first platform you should start with. You don't have to know how to code if you are using WordPress, that's why almost the best option.
Jess Messenger | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use WordPress to manage our agency's website, as well as to oversee numerous client web pages. With client accounts, we are responsible for uploading new content. In some cases, we are also responsible for building new pages for their existing websites. For our agency, we use WordPress to keep our blog page regularly updated, present case studies detailing client success stories, add downloadable content like e-books, and showcase our people and their areas of expertise. WordPress helps us manage three different agency websites for the US, Europe, and Australia in one simple-to-use interface. It also enables our clients to build their reputations as thought leaders by posting useful content for their customers.
  • The dashboard is very organized and easy to navigate.
  • Simple to create and duplicate new pages and posts.
  • Easy to preview your changes before you publish content.
  • Numerous plugins are available to provide additional capabilities.
  • It can be difficult to format content (e.g. bulleted lists with spaces between them).
  • Some plugins like Elementor can be slow to load.
  • Media-like images must be quite small in order to successfully upload.
WordPress is ideal for website management, especially if the person overseeing the website has minimal experience with WordPress. This is because the program is fairly easy to learn. You can quickly learn how to add posts and new pages, or simply duplicate existing content to serve as a starting point for new content. It's easy to preview content before it goes live and you can even schedule content to go live on a certain day/time.
WordPress is used to house my website and blog for my entire company. As such, it is used for advertising, marketing of my services, and sharing of content to attract leads and provide support. WordPress addresses the business problem of sharing quality content so that leads can begin to trust me, and so that they feel compelled to sign up for my newsletter (which I set up through my site on WordPress) which, ultimately, helps my business collect potential clients.
  • User friendly for creating your own website
  • User friendly for creating your own blog and posting blog posts
  • User friendly to create email sign ups to collect leads or clients
  • Provides different possibilities for templates
  • More options for fonts
  • More customer support
It's well suited for anyone who has never started or set up a website before, as it has all the primary functions one needs, as well as additional options as their comfort with the set up grows. It is also well suited for someone who wants to blog, in addition to having a website.
Jeanette Carroll | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use WordPress to manage our website. I have it integrated with HubSpot and Mailchimp for mailing list signups, contact forms and chats. I've been using it for about 5 year or so with my current company. I found out about WordPress via our website host.
  • You don't need to know html.
  • There are a lot of premade themes to choose from.
  • There are plugins available to do just about anything on your site.
  • There could be more direct support.
  • Some of the themes don't work with specific plugins.
  • I'd love to see more widgets available in my current theme.
It's great for people who want to create a website and don't know html or coding. It's also fairly inexpensive. I would like to see more plugins and widgets work across various themes. Some themes only have certain ones available, and others don't have the widgets that I want but the theme is what I want. It would be great to have the ability to choose a theme and use ALL widgets and plugins.
WordPress is used by our web developer, our copyrighter and product developer. WordPress is addressing our website needs including our legal educational pages, our blog posts, our landing pages, our digital product eCommerce pages, our drop shipping eCommerce pages and our general inquiry and contact pages. WordPress is the backbone of our website with specialized plugins fulfilling specific functionality.
  • Blog writing
  • Platform to incorporate a magnitude of specific plugins
  • User management
  • WordPress has a moderate learning curve when starting out.
  • Some basic website functionality could be part of the base installation such as sending email.
  • Building a truly responsive site is very challenging but I'm sure an experienced designer using the right web builder can work magic.
WordPress is super customizable which makes it perfect for any type or style of website. Although, this is also an invitation to get lost in the small details of your site. Building a site in WordPress is also fast - If you can stay focused on the most important aspects of your site, you'll have it up and running in no time.
Our company uses WordPress within multiple teams and for multiple purposes. My team has utilized it as a platform to host our internal company website. We use it to give employees easy access to forms (like PTO requests, business card requests, travel requests, etc.), documents, and media (e.g. if we have an all-company meeting, we will post the recording on our WordPress website). We also use the platform within our tech team and they have built a proprietary solution that we provide to our clients.
  • Ability to customize
  • Thousands of Themes and Plugins to choose from
  • Ease of use
  • WordPress breaks often so you need to have someone who understands how to troubleshoot, which can take time and money.
  • Some plugins are easier to customize than others, for example, some don't require any coding knowledge while others do. This can limit your project if you are not a coder.
  • WordPress can be easily hacked, so you also need someone who can ensure your sites are secure.
I love WordPress and it has been a go-to solution for multiple projects and businesses that I have been a part of. WordPress is a great option for startups, small, and medium-sized businesses. You can customize so much through the platform and create beautiful websites with little to no coding knowledge. There are so many people that work in WordPress so the community around troubleshooting and coming up with ideas is huge. It is an open-source platform so it does not limit your ability as you scale.
Ramon Khan | TrustRadius Reviewer
WordPress is simply one of the best and easiest content management systems to use. It is simple enough for first-time users to learn, yet robust enough for experienced users to get the full functionality out of a CMS if needed. It's my platform of choice when putting up a website and there is no lack of developers, themes, and plugins to help you get stuff done. When compared to other platforms, this can't be beaten for its functionality, freedom, and speed. What is solves is the ability to put up a good quality website at a low cost and with tons of functionality.
  • Content management system for blog
  • Functionality for SEO and ease of use and customization
  • Speed, speed, speed. You can make this CMS blazing fast with the right optimization and hosting.
  • The only thing I could gripe about is not having a fully fluid builder like Showit but that is it. There are similar builders like it but not that flexible.
[WordPress is well suited when] making a business website, personal website, or maybe even if you were transferring over from another inferior CMS. I also recommend growing businesses that want to have more visibility online and more control over the hosting and speed of their site.
I am a web designer that exclusively designs and develops websites using WordPress. It's a free/open source with a great big community so I know that I have both updates that I need for security as well as support. WordPress is very easy to use and the best thing about it is that it's really like a blank slate for whatever you want to do.
  • Very flexible - can literally build any kind of website
  • Very user friendly - with each update, the UI gets more and more user friendly so that even non developers will have a relatively easy time getting a website up and running in no time. For advanced users, there is no shortage of options on themes, plugins, etc.
  • Constant updates - the software is being updated all the time and security patches are automatically applied while other updates can be applied at a time of your choosing
  • Great community - you have only to Google any issue you might be having and are very likely to find some sort of answer or help right away and easily
  • More security for certain types of websites (financial institutions)
WordPress is basically a great option for any type of website ranging from the beginner blogger to a mid size/large company. The plethora of options when it comes to themes and plugins ensure that there is lots of functionality and something for everyone. It's great for ecommerce as well.

Where it's less appropriate is for a multinational corporation where a more advanced and/or secure network is needed - so banking websites or where an intranet is needed, etc.
For the first four years of my freelancing career, I built custom WordPress websites for small business clients. The highly-flexible platform allowed me to customize both the front and back end of my clients' websites to meet their exact specifications. When they needed new functionality, it was often as simple as installing a free plugin.
  • massive library of free and paid plugins
  • ability to build absolutely anything
  • thriving community for support and troubleshooting
  • plugins often cause breaking problems with websites
  • codebase is a mess
  • plugins make sites vulnerable to attack
WordPress is a great option for businesses who need a custom website, but need to start from a template, because they can't afford to start completely from scratch. It also makes sense for web developers who are just starting out and don't know enough code to start from scratch either.
WordPress is used for Berlin Grey's website and it's always the first recommended CMS for any of our clients looking to get a website made.
  • Has a lot of plugin options
  • A lot of theme varieties
  • Adaptability and versatility
WordPress is the go-to industry standard CMS in my opinion and I'm sure many others would agree. It's highly robust and capable of essentially whatever you want to be done with a website. It has an endless supply of third party themes and plug-ins that just keep coming and it's easy enough to use. I'd say that the only way I'd recommend something else (like Squarespace or Wix) is for those who are on a tighter budget, don't care for much versatility/functionality and/or those who want to do it all themselves from scratch (without hiring a professional).
Daniel Epstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
My media company wanted to start a blog, and WordPress is currently one of the gold standards in blog writing. It has a variety of tools to both build the look and usability of a blog, but also ways to edit content to maximize search engine results and optimization. The learning curve is very steep (for me at least) but it is a very established program which means there's tons of instructional content online such as videos and how-to's
  • Built in search engine optimization makes it easy to maximize the chances your content shows up in people's searches
  • There are very substantial design tools to ensure the blog you are designing is stylish while still being very user-friendly
  • It is a very widely used program, and is updated often. These updates are automatic and ensure your website is constantly compatible with current internet technology
  • There is almost too many options, and built in tutorials are insufficient. 3rd party videos and walk throughs are almost unavoidable
  • The page design tools sometimes fight each other. More drag and drop features that interact with each other would be better
  • The ability to type a blog in Microsoft Word and then drop it into WordPress, and then have WordPress evaluate and format the document would be nice. I'm almost certain it has this function already, but I spent 3 days trying to make it work to no avail, which means the program is not easy enough.
If you are wanting to start a blog and want it to look professional, maximize your search optimization, and potentially develop a passive source of income, WordPress is a great option. Just be patient because it takes a lot of time to learn, and sometimes you have to start with a preset and then bend it into what you want it to look like, as oppose to creating it from scratch.
Thomas Pittman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use a custom-built theme on top of WordPress platform. We also use a wide variety of WordPress plugins and integrations to complete our CMS stack including WooCommerce e-com store integration. We have a small marketing team and also several 3rd party resources that collaborate together through the platform for all website-related tasks including coding, order fulfillment, and basic edits through the WYSIWYG editor.
  • Integrations
  • Easy to Use Interface for Website Updates (WYSIWYG Editor)
  • Blog Integration and Management
  • The Backend Dashboard has become pretty bloated over time. Can be tough to navigate for non-experts.
  • Plugin management - It's a struggle to constantly stay on top of your plugins, make sure they are compatible and updated, etc. A better way to manage them all would be very useful.
  • More lightweight WYSIWYG editors - If you use an out of the box, or even customized standard template, the page weight can quickly grow and become cumbersome for speed, negatively impacting SEO scores.
WordPress is tough to beat if you are looking for a highly customizable, low-cost CMS with all the functionality that you could ever need all in one, please. There's a reason why it is the standard for custom CMS across the web and continues to remain dominant in terms of usage despite the proliferation of competitors currently in the market such as Wix, GoDaddy website builder, etc.
Travis Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use WordPress for our website and have implemented WordPress for multiple companies. This has proven to be the easiest and best platform for websites. The editing interface is very easy and makes it very easy to give customers the ability to edit their site themselves. We implement WordPress for nearly every website client.
  • Great editing ability
  • Lots of plugins to increase functionality
  • Could clean-up the backend to make it even more user friendly
If you are looking for a website and you want the ability to edit content, add pages, and more, WordPress is for you. It has proven time and again to be the best platform for most websites. If you are looking for a small e-commerce site, there may be some other/better fits such as Shopify or Squarespace. However, if you aren't selling, or you need something more powerful, WordPress is the premier solution.
We use WordPress as the technology behind our main corporate website. My department maintains it, but it is leveraged by the whole organization. It has proven to be an extremely versatile system when combined with other plugins over time. We have built on the X theme with a lot of success.
  • Flexibility
  • Stability
  • Ease of use
  • Plugins are easy to find and install
  • Requires outside plugins and themes for most functions
  • Support and documentation is available but unreliable
  • Can be conflicts between the many themes and plugins needed
WordPress is an excellent option if you have web development experience and are willing to tackle problem solving and debugging yourself, but are otherwise limited in resources. It is much less limiting than some more curated platforms and fun to use as a developer. It provides almost enterprise-level options and stability at little to no cost. It may not be appropriate if you have limited time or experience to build and debug, or if you are a very large establishment with the resources for something more advanced.
Lisa Keyser | TrustRadius Reviewer
WordPress is the most-used content management system in the world. Because of its ubiquity, we use it on about half of our clients' websites. While our current website is powered by WordPress and has been since 2015, we will be switching to a different platform later this year. Generally, it presents a quick and (mostly) free way to get a presence on the internet, with tons of free themes, plugins, and integrations that make it fairly easy to create a custom website for your business or hobby.
  • WordPress is incredibly easy to set up and get running with little to no technical knowledge. Most web hosts will do it for you, since it's so easy.
  • With thousands of themes available for free and for low cost, WordPress can accommodate any design you can imagine.
  • The community behind WordPress is generous, and there are loads of educational opportunities both online and in person to learn and connect with other users.
  • While WordPress bills itself as easy to use, some users will need to get expert help for more complex tasks.
  • Because the WordPress plugin ecosystem is so large, it's not uncommon to run into plugin conflicts. Troubleshooting those can be frustrating, and they can cause your website to crash.
  • There are some fairly basic CMS capabilities that WordPress cannot perform out of the box, which means you need to install a plugin to accomplish them. Of course, with more plugins comes more upkeep and more potential for conflicts.
WordPress is scalable enough to handle any size website, from the smallest to large enterprises, universities, and more. There are very few things that you can't accomplish with it; however, some things are more easily accomplished than others. In addition, for the non-technical DIYer, there are easier platforms, though those don't offer the scalability and portability that WordPress does. The best way to determine if its a good fit is to determine what your needs are, then figure out how you would accomplish those with WordPress. We suggest it to our clients about 60% of the time.