Updated December 29, 2015
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ConnectWise
We are a growing business in a growing industry, and we found that we were lacking a central locations for our sensitive billing information. ConnectWise is our primary platform for all service ticketing, issue tracking, purchasing, invoicing, CRM and time/expense management. It is implemented across our entire organization.
- ConnectWise is a great ticketing system with excellent communication tools.
- When fully implemented, ConnectWise can significantly cut down on the number of 'floating emails' between customers and staff members.
- Creates accountability loops internally and with customers.
- Calendar Sync does not function as advertised. Also doesn't take account of time zones.
- Customer support on 'simple' issues is great, problems that need to work their way through the full support process can take weeks to resolve.
- There are many undocumented tips and tricks that get picked up via word of mouth or experience. this makes training very difficult.
- Does not handle project costing, Purchase price variance or track freight costs.
- Lacks a functioning mechanism for working with sub-contractors (outside providing them with paid licenses)
- Better Tracking of service issues
- Better internal accountability
- More data entry for upper level staff
We selected ConnectWise because of a unified approach. We wanted a single platform for all functions and Connectwise fit all of our major points.
Overall, the system functions well. I believe that we would not have our largest client without it. With all the good, there are a lot of shortcomings when you're larger than a traditional small MSP. If you have multiple resources between time different zones, use subcontractors, or need to track project costs - the system definitely falls short. Dealing with support can be very frustrating at times. While I would definitely recommend the product, in the same sentence I would warn people of the shortcomings.