We use CW to track all of our service work, Agreements for residual contracts, billing, CRM, connection to our partner back office team and marketing email blasts. CW is instrumental in keeping track of hours spent with each client which was very cumbersome to track pre-CW. Marketing is somewhat simplified as we a only need to keep on list in one place. We use CW across all departments and activities within our organization.
- Tracking service activities across the client base...using Quickbooks or spreadsheets is very cumbersome.
- Connection to MSP tools and partners...open API integration
- The fact that it encompasses all aspects of running the business, with the exception of receiving client payments in one application is super efficient. There are others out there but CW is the Cadillac of PSA systems.
- They went from updating the software several times throughout the year to very frequently and I believe that has created a greater need for very frequent bug fixes. Time consuming on our part dealing with broken functionality and then continually installing patches.
- Support costs are very high...honestly seems like the constant patching makes maintaining an active service contract in place.
It would not be fair for me to do this since I am not familiar with how the other products work. I selected ConnectWise because, back in 2007 they were the Cadillac of the industry of PSA's and the others seemed to be following their lead...not so sure of that any longer.
Really does not apply since I own the software and hardware it runs on...I keep my Software Assurance in tact so I can get the program fixed when if breaks after their updates...I will probably cancel support - if I am allowed to once I feel it is stable enough to do so.