Overall Satisfaction with Control-M
Control-M is being used across the entire IT department. It is in use on over 100 Windows, Unix, and Linux servers. It is also used on our IBM and Unisys Mainframes. It is used to control and schedule jobs that run on a periodic basis. We are probably not using it to the fullest extent that we can.
My role with Control-M is as the administrator of the agent that runs on our Unisys OS2200 mainframes.
- Control-M has been beneficial in having scheduled jobs run on time.
- Control-M is good at scheduling jobs that have dependencies across various servers and platforms.
- The Control-M desktop monitoring tools are easy to use and very helpful in troubleshooting jobs that do not complete properly.
- Support from BMC for the Control-M/Agent for Unisys OS2200 has been quite good. They have always responded quickly to any questions I have, when I can figure out the correct question to ask. Evidently I think differently then they do.
- I have found the BMC documentation for the Control-M/Agent for Unisys OS2200, and their documentation in general, hard to follow and at times incomplete.
- Control-M has proved quite useful to us. I have no comments on ROI as I am not involved with any costs associated with it.