Overall Satisfaction with Control-M
Control-M is being used across the whole organization. We currently use it to schedule jobs on most of our open systems platforms. It allows us to centrally mange the job scheduling tasks while also allowing users to see the status of their jobs.
- Central monitoring of all jobs running in the environment.
- Easily tied into our ticketing system. This allows for auto-ticketing in the event of job abends.
- Uncomplicated job setup.
- It would be nice to be able to review agent logs from the central dashboard.
- Automated agent unavailable alerts that could tie into our ticketing system.
- We have been able to use our investments in Control-M to start on a project to replace our other 2 scheduling packages. The ROI for doing this is very favorable for our company.
- The pricing model used by BMC (task based) has allowed us to role out this conversion on schedule by schedule basis, as opposed to a server by server conversion.
- CA7 and Tivoli Workload Scheduler
CA7 is not integrated with Control-M in our environment, but it is integrated with TWS. We have decided to consolidate on one product. It made more sense, both technically and economically to make Control-M our company standard.
We have found that it works well across all of our platforms. We are just starting the migration to the mainframe product so we don't have experience with that part of the product yet.