Conversocial - The Customer Care Powerhouse
Updated November 13, 2014
Conversocial - The Customer Care Powerhouse
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Conversocial
Conversocial was used for a past client primarily for social media customer service related issues. I truly believe that Conversocial understands and recognizes the importance of agents being active on social media. It is a convenient and reliable way to manage social interactions across all channels. Department managers can also collaborate on responses and track issues more efficiently. Since the tool is meant to improve customer care efficiency on social media, the reporting feature is structured to highlight how customer care experts are managing the influx of messages and conversations. Businesses can get valuable insight into how many messages are coming in, the times that messages are often coming in, the sentiment surrounding those conversations, and how long it takes different agents to answer questions. In addition, businesses can analyze brand mentions, tags and word clouds with common terms associated with their brand. From this information, businesses can then re-evaluate how their social care processes are impacting their business goals and brand sentiment both online and offline.
- Businesses can analyze how long it takes different agents to respond to customer inquiries on social media. This helps them understand staffing, response time, and how to become more efficient with customer care.
- By utilizing the tagging and sentiment features across all conversations, businesses can better understand what their customers are talking most frequently about on social media and whether it's positive or negative. This can help identify frequent product issues that may lead to future design improvements.
- Through the dashboard, customer representatives can also easily assign conversations to the appropriate team member. This makes it more efficient for different managers to handle different conversations related to their product expertise.
- I would like to see an improvement in the reporting dashboard which is something I mentioned to Josh (the CEO) on a call back in April. He said that it is something they are working on but to remember that this is truly a customer service social media platform so some of the features that I would like to see may not fit well with the users of the product.
- Conversocial was used to improve communication for customer service related inquiries on social media. Since I was using the product on behalf of another business, I don't know the ROI.
I have experience with Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Simplify 360, Conversocial, Radian6, Cision, and Wildfire. Each of the platforms has a different strength. Conversocial excels at customer service management while Sprout Social is ideal for social media monitoring/engagement, reporting, and identifying influencers. Radian6 is beneficial for monitoring and tracking conversations. Wildfire is no longer available but it was an advanced platform with robust capabilities. More information about the platforms I have used can be found in a blog post I wrote here: http://www.internetmarketinginc.com/blog/social-media-battle-royale/.
I think there are better platforms for content creation and publishing to be honest. Still, it's important to keep in mind that this is a customer service platform - that is its core strength so one must consider that when looking into using it. The analytics for content creation is where I believe this platform falls short since the majority of analytics are meant to review and analyze conversations, response rate by agent, sentiment, etc.
Conversocial is great for responding and managing customer interactions. You can quickly respond to conversations segmented by each channel. You can also review past conversations with people on social media, assign conversations to different team members, tag sentiment and brand keywords, and archive finished conversations.
Conversocial is great for tracking data relating to customer service conversation management. It tracks response time, social platform messages, real time monitoring capabilities, overall sentiment, and commonly used keywords assigned to conversations. However, reporting and data collection for content creation is where this platform is somewhat limited in its capabilities. I would recommend using the data to better understand business goals, understand conversations, and analyze response rate by team members.
This is where I think Conversocial has some room for improvement. I would like to see a better reporting dashboard with improved visualization of the data collected on the site. I would also like to see better content reporting capabilities since there isn't much information related to best posting times, most engaging content, biggest influencers, etc.
When deciding on a social media platform, I always recommend outlining business goals. Identify what the platform will be used for and what you are hoping to get out if it. Conversocial specializes in customer service related social media inquiries - this is its greatest strength. However, I would not recommend it for clients who are looking for a platform with full scale reporting capabilities. When deciding on whether to use Conversocial, make sure you define your business goals, check to make sure all the channels you are active on are included in the platform, review the reporting capabilities, and try before you buy.