Datameer- Excel (Lite*) on Hadoophttps://www.trustradius.com/hadoop-relatedDatameerUnspecified7.3131012013-11-16T20:42:43.626Z
November 16, 2013
Datameer- Excel (Lite*) on Hadoop
Score 3 out of 101
- It can work with large data sets since it uses Hadoop in the background to crunch data.
- It is easy to use for non- technology savvy managers to get quick insights about the data.
- Quick and easy to learn . It took me 2 days to get to a point where I could use it and pull reports from it on my own.
- I missed having someplace to write your own code. SQL or JAVA would be really helpful . I am comparing this to what I have seen it Informatica PowerCenter or Business Objects.
- The number of the functions available in the workbooks could be expanded. There is only so much one can perform with a limited set of functions. One tends to expect the functions available in MS Excel when you see a workbook like environment , especially if the target audience is non-tech savvy managers.
- Could add some text features like regular expressions for text mining on data .
- It had a negative impact as more time was spent doing in Datameer than doing it in Hive SQL
Employees with intermediate SQL and Hive knowledge can generate reports faster than using Datameer . It does have visualization tool but I don't think it is anything that cannot be accomplished by importing the data in Excel .