December 06, 2016
Marketing / Business Development
SWA Architects, Pasadena, CAArchitecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Deltek Vision
Currently [it is] primarily being used for timesheets and accounting. CRM is still getting consolidated and cleaned up. Looking to roll out company-wide next year for CRM and project management features.
- Integration of accounting records to CRM records
- Tracking project contacts
- Configurations section is not user friendly and is clunky and poorly laid out / designed. (Very obvious that CRM was completely separate program that was forcibly integrated into accounting portion)
- Please hire a user interface designer
- No good way to track when projects get new names, are acquired by new owners, ...
- No good way to track people across projects and organizations as they move over the years.
- We have the potential to manage more of our business with this tool...but the amount of tweaking and customization it takes to do so effectively and easily is at times discouraging.
- Getting into Vision is the beginning of a long term relationship with your DELTEK consultant. It's not a one time set up fee...you're pretty much reliant on them to fix any errors and make continuous improvements...forever (unless you hire an in-house SQL specialist).
- The true cost in time and money for getting DELTEK Vision up and running should be more accurately portrayed.
Deltek Vision Feature Ratings
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
API for custom integration
Role-based user permissions
Single sign-on capability
Deltek Vision Support
99% of the customer service specialists and technicians that I've encountered are quite awesome!
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - We don't need it. With the Quick Chat feature, most of my issues don't even make it to the case phase. The really hard problems have to be dealt with by using "Stored Procedures" anyhow, and that is beyond DELTEK's customer care service (wish it wasn't).
"There was an update and now something doesn't work anymore." This is usually a nightmare inducing scenario, but the folks I've dealt with at DELTEK always help me search high and low (pretty exhaustively, I might add) to pinpoint the problem and get a fix to me that I can implement without having to hire a consultant. That is much appreciated, since we have a modest operating budget and can't afford all these "extra fixes".
Using Deltek Vision
It's on the verge of being awesome. Right now it's a matter of money -- if you have the money to hire consultants round the clock, yeah this is awesome.
Like to use
Easy to use
Requires technical support
Not well integrated
Slow to learn
Lots to learn
- Custom reports, or just customizing existing reports
- Report layout modifications
- Tracking contacts through their professional careers without losing information about old firms and old relationships
- Modifying built-in grids to feature information that we want to see
- Creating aliases for project names (architecture projects often have many many names throughout its life)